Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Drives and Lower Units
Pro's & Con's of going from XR Sportmasters to Arneson's? >

Pro's & Con's of going from XR Sportmasters to Arneson's?

Notices

Pro's & Con's of going from XR Sportmasters to Arneson's?

Old 09-12-2007, 08:55 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Lofty
This 3600 was rigged with ASD7's and 850's. Runs just fine after some tweeking.
How would a Bravo conversion be, would it be something to consider? I really like the performance and look of the surface drives over what I'm presently using.

Jim
Old 09-12-2007, 09:18 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Arneson are a good choice but there are some draw backs.
One docking is harder. The props do stick out further.I buddy has a new 388 with arneson's two weeks ago he slipped off his swim platform and his back landed on one of the props. He had to get medavaced with 60 stiches luckily didn't cut his spinal cord.
So those props are extremely dangerous especially if you plan to swim or have kids.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:44 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thanks, I understand the docking issue and know that they will be further back behind the boat and the issues they present along with the props.

But if you've ever been on the back of a Nor-Tech 3600 your taking your chances even trying to go down to the small platform in the middle. There is no good place to walk when it's wet or there's waters around.

Some of the things that I've heard are positives it that it reduces or eliminates the porpoising that occurs between 70 and 90 mph which can get pretty anoying before it really packs the air in the tunnels.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:23 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Pantera28-650HP
If you are staying at or under 800 HP have you considered the Konrads? We can offer a warranty at or under 800 HP on most applications. Next best thing to a #6!!
Funny you've blown a Konrad on your own boat and you troll onto threads that do not relate to Konrads trying to sell something.

FYI, They are not the best thing next to a #6

Rik
Old 09-12-2007, 10:30 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 371 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by Rik
Funny you've blown a Konrad on your own boat and you troll onto threads that do not relate to Konrads trying to sell something.

Rik
everything breaks one day or another... if Konrads are supposed to be good up to 800hp, why not talk about them as a possible solution?
Old 09-12-2007, 10:40 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Rik

Rik
Rik,

I'd like to know about my application, what's involved and possible costs to do the conversion.

Jim
Old 09-12-2007, 11:56 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Originally Posted by fountain4play
Rik,

I'd like to know about my application, what's involved and possible costs to do the conversion.

Jim
You have to remove all your Bravo hardware, replace it with the #7M Kit and change propellers.

A propeller guard can be worked out.

Docking will not be a problem nor an issue as the boats dock just as well with the Arneson Kits as they do with the Bravos.

Rik
Attached Thumbnails Pro's & Con's of going from XR Sportmasters to Arneson's?-nortek.jpg   Pro's & Con's of going from XR Sportmasters to Arneson's?-norttek.jpg  
Old 09-13-2007, 12:37 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Rik
You have to remove all your Bravo hardware, replace it with the #7M Kit and change propellers.

Docking will not be a problem nor an issue as the boats dock just as well with the Arneson Kits as they do with the Bravos.

Rik
Thanks Rik,

I'll be getting deeper into this in the next couple of week, I don't have a problem of docking now...with an 11' wide 38' Long boat everything is done slowly anyway...lol...people get into problems when trying to do it too fast IMHO....

Do you have an idea what the cost's are for the #7M kit and if their available through dealers or direct? I think there are a couple of guy's down here at the lake that have had them on their 3600's and they might be able to help out in the prop selection process.

Jim
Old 09-13-2007, 01:12 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rik

Rik

That looks like the way to go. Nothing wrong with keeping the family a bit safer when playing.

Darrell.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:18 AM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Originally Posted by DMOORE
That looks like the way to go. Nothing wrong with keeping the family a bit safer when playing.

Darrell.
There is a solution to every problem, well as long as it does not include women that is.

Quick Reply: Pro's & Con's of going from XR Sportmasters to Arneson's?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.