Bravo One Coming From A Gen Ii >

Bravo One Coming From A Gen Ii

Notices

Bravo One Coming From A Gen Ii

Old 04-06-2011, 07:04 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bravo One Coming From A Gen Ii

ok ive slammed the brakes on cause ive ran into what is apparently a snag in my plan of swaping over from gen II to bravo one.

ok i was told today that if i changed the gen II drive out for bravo one, that my drive would be 2 inches lower in water creating more drag on boat then what i should have.

this i totally dont understand, i just found out today that a bravo is longer then a gen II drive. does this or will this make a difference to the point of not wanting to do the swap. what is the ins and outs of the swap is there a good doing it or bad.

id like to swap so i had more versatality i guess the word would be for having an increase in hp, id like to not tear up the drives

so can i install a bravo one in the place of a gen II drive without incendent does anyone know
Old 04-06-2011, 07:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

Originally Posted by chaparral2300
ok ive slammed the brakes on cause ive ran into what is apparently a snag in my plan of swaping over from gen II to bravo one.

ok i was told today that if i changed the gen II drive out for bravo one, that my drive would be 2 inches lower in water creating more drag on boat then what i should have.

this i totally dont understand, i just found out today that a bravo is longer then a gen II drive. does this or will this make a difference to the point of not wanting to do the swap. what is the ins and outs of the swap is there a good doing it or bad.

id like to swap so i had more versatality i guess the word would be for having an increase in hp, id like to not tear up the drives

so can i install a bravo one in the place of a gen II drive without incendent does anyone know
Alpha gen II to a bravo? you will need to change the transom assembly also..and add a sea pump to the engine, if your concerned about the 2'' difference then start looking for a -2 or -3 imco shorty to bolt to your bravo upper..
Old 04-06-2011, 09:26 PM
Banned

Default b1

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
Alpha gen II to a bravo? you will need to change the transom assembly also..and add a sea pump to the engine, if your concerned about the 2'' difference then start looking for a -2 or -3 imco shorty to bolt to your bravo upper..
concerned heck i just found out, what i asked is what is the deal with it, is it going to be a big deal or what, i mean what are the pros and cons, thats wht i want to know, is it worth swaping im not in this for the big money grand prize

dont get me wrong i like going fast but i wanted to know if swaping it over well let me start i know im supposed to install a sea pump and cross over and etc. on engine, and i know ther is supposed to be a different inner and outer transom assembly. and gimbel housing, and i knew the drives are different but what i didnt know is that the b1 is longer then the gen II and supposed to change some x dimension. heck i didnt even know a boat had a x dimension. so is it worthy of doing and not getting a shorty

i hardly have enough for a drive let alone a shorth at 4,000 alone

DOES OR CAN ANYONE LET ME KNOW
Old 04-06-2011, 10:08 PM
Registered

Default Fixx

concerned heck i just found out, what i asked is what is the deal with it, is it going to be a big deal or what, i mean what are the pros and cons, thats wht i want to know, is it worth swaping im not in this for the big money grand prize

dont get me wrong i like going fast but i wanted to know if swaping it over well let me start i know im supposed to install a sea pump and cross over and etc. on engine, and i know ther is supposed to be a different inner and outer transom assembly. and gimbel housing, and i knew the drives are different but what i didnt know is that the b1 is longer then the gen II and supposed to change some x dimension. heck i didnt even know a boat had a x dimension. so is it worthy of doing and not getting a shorty

i hardly have enough for a drive let alone a shorth at 4,000 alone

DOES OR CAN ANYONE LET ME KNOW
It will be slower with the bravo even if you raise the x dimension..the smaller lower case of the gen II will cut through the water better..At leaste on Donzi's they are.

If it ain't broke dont fix it................

Go to donzi.net and look up a member Screen named MOP, ask him if it was worth the trouble switching to a bravo..
Old 04-06-2011, 10:34 PM
Banned

ok but what i was told well first my drive is in florda right now cause i sent the gears out the side of lower case adn when that happend uppers were melted down, so i was told i needed a better drive, so technically its brok. lol, its breaking me,

but then im scrolling around looking for parts etc. and fellow tells me that if i swap out the bravo in place of gen II i will lower the x dimension on boat and wont get any gains from swaping over to b1 and said i would need an imco shorty to perform swap right. dont know so i was asking. but anyhow ill go over to donzi and check the dude and see what hes saying about it. thanks unless you know something else from what i jsut told ya. thaks for reply.
Old 04-07-2011, 02:10 PM
Registered

Default Fixx

ok but what i was told well first my drive is in florda right now cause i sent the gears out the side of lower case adn when that happend uppers were melted down, so i was told i needed a better drive, so technically its brok. lol, its breaking me,

but then im scrolling around looking for parts etc. and fellow tells me that if i swap out the bravo in place of gen II i will lower the x dimension on boat and wont get any gains from swaping over to b1 and said i would need an imco shorty to perform swap right. dont know so i was asking. but anyhow ill go over to donzi and check the dude and see what hes saying about it. thanks unless you know something else from what i jsut told ya. thaks for reply.
Theirs a place that sells after market drives with a 3 yr warrenty no ? asked and if it brakes they fix it or send you a new one..

http://www.sterndrive.cc/mm5/merchan...enIISterndrive
Old 04-07-2011, 02:37 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

For the record, an Alpha and Bravo are the exact same X dimension which is 21 13/16".
Old 04-12-2011, 01:50 PM
Registered

when i swapped from a gen II alpha to a bravo one on my maxum the swap itself was super easy. i left the inner assembly all hooked up with the ram and just slid out the alpha and slid in the bravo. I pulled out the ignition interupt switch and connected the wires. Installed the raw water pump. on my boat i lost 1mph(gps) from the swap. the biggest change i noticed was how the boat responded to trimming the drive.