Notices

prop help!!

Old 06-30-2011, 08:29 AM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So if jason is right and you should be at 4800 WOT then your over propped already by a little over 1 pitch. See if you can get a set of 19's to try. maybe if you can get a few more rpms out of it you might gain 1-2 mph? I'd worry about those Bravos holding up to the load? Should that boat have come with TRS's?
Old 06-30-2011, 08:53 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Merc's published max rpm for a 330 is 44-4600. I would have thought that boat would have come with TRS's and borg-warners also.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

original boat did have trs's but the guy i bought ti from in fl had the boat refit with 496 mags and bravo 3's, that is 1 reason i bought the boat....everything had been redone within the last 8 years......his story was he blew both motors so he gutted the power and after it sitting 2 years he sold it to me...
he said it ran 60 mph with the injected 496's and the bravo 3's...procharger web site says there stuff is ment for stock motors??? is this not true???
Old 07-04-2011, 05:14 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Sorry, you have been told correct about the prochargers and the 330's. A procharger will bolt up and will cause kaboom to those engines especially in an application like yours where they will be running under hard load all the time. Enjoy your boat like it is and save for some
more hp. Understand that it will be bravo carnage much over 500-550 hp in that boat. Some nice naturally aspirated 540's would
be nice. Congratulations on getting
her running.