Blackhawk Props on Bravo 3 >

Blackhawk Props on Bravo 3

Notices

Blackhawk Props on Bravo 3

Old 11-11-2011, 09:02 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by 36Tango
I had not looked at these. Thanks for the info!
Make sure you do some research on these props. Mixed reviews on quality.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:10 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by PremierPOWER
We are still running the original setup on the Donzi Black Hawk. 31 Pitch, 1.5 Blackhawk, 502 w/ 415 HP ... boat will just barly idle without snuffing out and throws a huge wake at idle because of the lack of slip with blades being completely submerged vs half out of water at speed. We have done some mild engine modifications but I feel like we are not much above the original horse power rating. The lowest pitch that I am aware of for the Blackhawk is 27, but I think you would still need decent HP to idle and come out of the hole (with a 1.5 drive ratio). The more common pitches are 29 and 31 (not sure, but maybe only originally available 27, 29 and 31).

Why would you want to do that to your boating experience unless you were really going to enjoy true thrill of a surface drive? Also, unless you stumbled on a deal for a set of Blackhawk props, I would guess that they would be more so expensive. If you ended up with a set of Blackhawks, consider selling them and buying into a decent B3 setup.

Andy
I agree. I owned a Donzi Blackhawk for 5 years and I can't tell you how many times I got yelled at in no-wake areas.

Andy is correct they came in 27, 29 and 31 pitch, which is slightly deceptive as they had high slip numbers when trimmed out because of the surface piercing. But at idle they had no slip!

I can't see the props working with the props not piercing. Going off memory the BH drive was 9" shorter than the Bravo and was also installed with a higher X. The Donzi had a 2" higher X and some have had better luck going higher on certain hulls.