Imco SCX new lower? >

Imco SCX new lower?

Notices

Imco SCX new lower?

Old 03-28-2014, 09:38 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure if its changed or something they add if required by set up.Also that is the SCX4 gear case.

Last edited by pro27; 03-28-2014 at 09:41 AM.
Old 03-28-2014, 04:28 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes anyone know if they are new/changed? If so is this because of huge speed lose in big hp single drive boats? After all I thought that was what the lowers where targeting....
Old 03-28-2014, 04:49 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Will let you know having mine done now was happy with it to start but looking for a little more, this is a brand new set up for me.
Old 03-28-2014, 06:41 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

About a year ago they offered a standard SCX with a blunt nose lower or a pointed lower called the #13.

Now it looks like there is a new lower for the SCX-4 where the skeg angles up towards the nosecone more. I also think they have a version with a longer skeg which would help handling when the drive is mounted higher.

Very confusing though

All you need to remember Pete is you need a full SCX UPPER AND SCX LOWER to gain the reliability your looking for!
Old 05-18-2014, 05:53 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Took mine to 100mph today with more to go,very happy so far.Also very happy with IMCO and the way they worked with me. I am running the SCX4 with 5 blade merc clever.
Old 05-19-2014, 12:29 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Pro27
Did you have the old style "sharp nose", or the "blunt nose" and switch to the new style where the skeg runs up to the tip of the bullet?
Did you notice a difference?
Where is your propshaft in relation to the bottom? Even, below, above?
Thanks,
Rob
Old 05-19-2014, 05:17 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 1 MAIDEN AMERICA
Pro27
Did you have the old style "sharp nose", or the "blunt nose" and switch to the new style where the skeg runs up to the tip of the bullet?
Did you notice a difference?
Where is your propshaft in relation to the bottom? Even, below, above?
Thanks
Rob
First let me just say I am running a SCX4 with #6 prop shaft 5blade merc clever,and has the new fin,running from skeg to bullet which is pointed[ATTACH=CONFIG]523594[/ATTACH] also single V bottom.
Attached Thumbnails Imco SCX new lower?-image.jpg  
Old 05-20-2014, 10:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by pro27
First let me just say I am running a SCX4 with #6 prop shaft 5blade merc clever,and has the new fin,running from skeg to bullet which is pointed[ATTACH=CONFIG]523594[/ATTACH] also single V bottom.
I was wondering if you tried the old style SCX before this newer design, and had comparisons. I have the sharp nose style and am contemplating going with this style if it truly performs better.
Old 05-20-2014, 12:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1 MAIDEN AMERICA
I was wondering if you tried the old style SCX before this newer design, and had comparisons. I have the sharp nose style and am contemplating going with this style if it truly performs better.
In talking with imco the extended skeg is there to cut the water and to help keep the stern from lifting too much. Note it only has a small hole in the nose cone for water pick up. Not designed to cool the engines so plan on external water pick ups
Old 05-20-2014, 12:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by drpete3
In talking with imco the extended skeg is there to cut the water and to help keep the stern from lifting too much. Note it only has a small hole in the nose cone for water pick up. Not designed to cool the engines so plan on external water pick ups
I have the -4's now and for craps and giggles I tried using the drive for water. Great pressure up to getting on plane and nothing after that so I kept with the external PU's. As far as the extended skeg that's what IMCO told me too. I just don't want to be another guinea pig on the new style so I'd like to hear about actual performance changes from one lower to the other.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.