Elims with Surface Drives?

Notices

Elims with Surface Drives?

Old 08-26-2008, 05:09 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

We've done some 21', 24', 30', 36' and 40' Eliminators over the years.

There were no problems with any of the applications. Your power does not present a problem as we have sold drives to Ilmor for your sized engines on catamarn applications and have no failures.

We've got a few options on propellers and propeller types that you can use ranging from a standard Bravo style propeller to the Speedmaster propellers. All standard propellers that you are familiar with.

Did I mention you won't loose any speed with the Arnesons and we have a warranty
Old 08-26-2008, 06:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

rik, ive always heard alot about the arnesons , are they as bulit proof as every one says , how long do they last before a rebuild , and which # arnesons do you recomend for 700hp
Old 08-26-2008, 06:56 PM
Registered

700hp -39' tg cigarette -2001
Old 08-26-2008, 07:16 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by maritaltension
rik, ive always heard alot about the arnesons , are they as bulit proof as every one says , how long do they last before a rebuild , and which # arnesons do you recomend for 700hp
The #7M's. I warranty (no b.s., no games ) them to 850 hp for one year.

I've got a lot of applications with higher power than yours. 38 Top Gun with 1000's, 38' Scarab with 1,000's 388 Hustlers with 1,000's all with no problems and going on their 4-5th season. (All three boats were installed at the same shop, 388 told the Scarab, he told the Top Gun, all very happy) They sold them on a new 38 Donzi ZRC. 950 Sterlings, same #7M Kits.

Baring you running over something, they are pretty darn reliable.

You'd have no problems either.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:34 PM
Registered

Rik, can you email me any info you have on those drives and pricing , also if possible the name of the shop that did the work for the others , or a capable shop in the north east
Old 08-26-2008, 07:42 PM
Registered

The only thing I can remember about the Eliminator was the notched transom - We thought about it on the Hemi boat, but would need to fill and build the lower transom to use the surface drive - I spoke to Rik about this as he's familiar with the boat (Dustin Whipples old ride)

We ended up with BMAX's - they've performed very well.

One thing we discovered in the change was we ran the IMCO's at 1/2 shorter than stock (2 inch shorties with 1 1/2 spacers) When we installed the BMAX's with the same set up the boat didn't handle anything like before - to the point the owner was wanting to yank 'em and sell them immediately. We decided to try them at 2 inches shorter than stock vs. the 1/2 inch we were running and they worked beautifully. So far the drives have a ton of hrs and many many hard pulls and no problems to date. He's running 6 blade Herrings and I think 36 pitch ... but I can't remember all of them ....

We have Arneson's on an old Excutioner I ran yrs ago with 750hp - never had a problem till we "bumped" something and the tie bar broke ..... at about 80 ..... that makes a mess of a couple of cleavers ... beleive me.

Last edited by txriverrat2001; 08-26-2008 at 07:45 PM.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:30 PM
VIP Member

Good stuff right there...
Originally Posted by Rik
We've done some 21', 24', 30', 36' and 40' Eliminators over the years.

There were no problems with any of the applications. Your power does not present a problem as we have sold drives to Ilmor for your sized engines on catamarn applications and have no failures.

We've got a few options on propellers and propeller types that you can use ranging from a standard Bravo style propeller to the Speedmaster propellers. All standard propellers that you are familiar with.

Did I mention you won't loose any speed with the Arnesons and we have a warranty
Old 08-27-2008, 07:51 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Rik
The #7M's. I warranty (no b.s., no games ) them to 850 hp for one year.

I've got a lot of applications with higher power than yours. 38 Top Gun with 1000's, 38' Scarab with 1,000's 388 Hustlers with 1,000's all with no problems and going on their 4-5th season. (All three boats were installed at the same shop, 388 told the Scarab, he told the Top Gun, all very happy) They sold them on a new 38 Donzi ZRC. 950 Sterlings, same #7M Kits.

Baring you running over something, they are pretty darn reliable.

You'd have no problems either.
I'd be interested in pricing as well. I'd also be interested if you could hook me up with one or 2 elim owners that have gone this route -I'd like to talk to them to gain their perspective on how the boat handled compared to the bravos after the install (ie. getting on plane, rough seas, around the dock, top end, etc..).

Could you clear this with one or two of your clients and PM me their contact info - along with estimated pricing to do this conversion?
Old 08-27-2008, 08:39 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

This 32 skater has Arnesons...BAD!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxUy_4gJunY
Old 08-27-2008, 09:41 PM
Registered

that is awwwwsome!

Quick Reply: Elims with Surface Drives?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.