What color is your boat? >

What color is your boat?

Notices

What color is your boat?

Old 02-12-2008, 01:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What color is your boat?

I am in the process of repainting, it is beige and brown but a to have a proper paint name would be easier for a start on a color match.

Thanks
David
Attached Thumbnails What color is your boat?-notorious.jpg  
Old 02-12-2008, 07:15 AM
Registered

David,
Are you going to repaint in the original colors?
I was pretty sure the stripes on my 84 Excalibur were painted in Dupont imron from the factory. Back in 1984 you could only get fleet colors in imron. I was able to get the correct red off the fleet chart, but the blue wasn't right. so we tinted it to match. Lucky for me I had the "plugs from the transom of my boat as the previous owner cut out the holes for the thru transom exhaust. He used a 4 inch hole saw and I had a sample of the red, white (gel) and blue on each disc. All I had to do was bring the disc into the paint store.

See if you can talk your paint store rep into lending you an old imron "fleet color" chart. See if you can leave a deposit or something.
As far as paperwork from Excalibur, don't even bother trying to look that up. I tryed but didn't get very far.
Good Luck,
Dan
Old 02-12-2008, 06:56 PM
Registered

Yes I am going to keep the beige and brown but are going to change the orange to a bronze/copper stripe. I put a new a fuel tank in this summer and are finishing up the floor. I save the Excalibur logo on the floor and are going to put nonskid on the rest. I am also going to respray the front stripe on the super structure.

I hoped there was something like that out there. They are coming out tomorrow to take a digital camera to try to get a match. So I will make mention of the fleet card.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Love the old school colors!!!
Old 02-22-2008, 02:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 79excalibur
Yes I am going to keep the beige and brown but are going to change the orange to a bronze/copper stripe. I put a new a fuel tank in this summer and are finishing up the floor. I save the Excalibur logo on the floor and are going to put nonskid on the rest. I am also going to respray the front stripe on the super structure.

I hoped there was something like that out there. They are coming out tomorrow to take a digital camera to try to get a match. So I will make mention of the fleet card.

How did the repair go?? you have everything finished?? ya gonna have it ready for the water this year?? It would be cool to see another excalibur on the water in our area!!
Old 02-23-2008, 02:08 PM
Registered

Well the repair is done we learned a lot. The bad part is that I am not afraid of fiberglass anymore so I hope I don't end up with bigger projects... The brown just got painted so now all that is left is to paint the floor and the back seat and put the interior in. I should/better be on the water, there are only two parts that we haven't replaced the transmissions and the drive units.

I am probably going to post pics of the whole process when it is all done.