Extended Swim Platform 400ss >

Extended Swim Platform 400ss

Notices
Formula

Extended Swim Platform 400ss

Old 10-21-2010, 02:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone provide any new updates here?

Considering doing this to an 04 400ss with the captains call exhaust.

There is the one that bolts in and onto the back, actually looking like a whole separate platform (but getting you lower and closer to the water) and then there is the one that is an overlay and just extends the factory platform.

Any suggestions? I am 100% going to go with one of them, so need to know what anyone thinks.

Thanks!!
Old 10-21-2010, 08:21 PM
Registered

mroberts, Hang in here for a bit. Spicy, the guy who posted about his friend thinking about doing it will be by sooner or later to comment.

Spicy actually ended up getting his own 400ss, along with the guy, Kent, who was thinking about getting one, and another friend of ours who also bought a 400ss. All 3 ended up adding the extended platform to 3 different year 400ss's. So he is definitely qualified to give you most any info you need about adding a swim platform to a 400ss.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:54 PM
Registered

I have been looking into the extended platform for our 04 400ss and have talked to the factory. You can purchase the factory platform part number 25204 TAG through Formula at a retail price of $5,104 or buy from a dealer and maybe they can work with you on the price. The platform comes with the swim ladder and door I can't recall if that includes the grab handle.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:41 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by macjazzy
mroberts, Hang in here for a bit. Spicy, the guy who posted about his friend thinking about doing it will be by sooner or later to comment.

Spicy actually ended up getting his own 400ss, along with the guy, Kent, who was thinking about getting one, and another friend of ours who also bought a 400ss. All 3 ended up adding the extended platform to 3 different year 400ss's. So he is definitely qualified to give you most any info you need about adding a swim platform to a 400ss.
Hey John...
Actually the other two guys installed the platform I did not.. here is a few shots of the three of our sterns line up... I helped jay install on his 2005 and it wasnt that bad, just need severeal guys to manhandle it to put it on mark holes take it off etc...
Attached Thumbnails Extended Swim Platform 400ss-400ss-line-up.jpg   Extended Swim Platform 400ss-dolantrifectastmikes.jpg  
Old 10-22-2010, 07:46 AM
Registered

just another note, they are both Diesel boats and sit a little lower in the water (weight) then my gas 496 boat...

also shameless plug, if anyone is looking for a 400SS lower priced this week. Want to move it, I have a new boat in the OSO classifieds I want!! ...

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1999.../United-States
Attached Thumbnails Extended Swim Platform 400ss-spicy-400ss.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 10-22-2010, 07:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mroberts
Can anyone provide any new updates here?

Considering doing this to an 04 400ss with the captains call exhaust.

There is the one that bolts in and onto the back, actually looking like a whole separate platform (but getting you lower and closer to the water) and then there is the one that is an overlay and just extends the factory platform.

Any suggestions? I am 100% going to go with one of them, so need to know what anyone thinks.

Thanks!!
Hey Matt,
my mechanic owns the Black one (Black Pearl) in the picture if you want to talk to him shoot me an email and I will hook you two up to discuss.
Thanks Pat
Old 10-22-2010, 07:53 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

http://swimplatforms.contentpros.net...1/Default.aspx

I had one of these on our 300 Sundancer. It was well made and installed easily. Just thought I'd through another option to the factory piece out there for you.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:55 AM
Registered

In the pics Spicy posted it doesn't look like it adds that much, but I can assure you in pratical use it adds a bunch of uasable space, both at a raftup or just stepping on and off the boat at the dock.
I have a 330ss with the extended platform, Formula only lists it as being 18" long, but it makes a huge difference on my boat.
Old 01-17-2011, 02:02 PM
Registered

Well, I got the overlay platform today.

It arrived in a crate of sorts at my installer's shop. He hasn't unpacked it yet, as we will take to the lake together in a few weeks to work on beginning the install.

Without unpacking it, I am not sure what all the install will actually require. I got the attached pic from Formula. It looks like 4 holes will be drilled, but outside of that, I am not sure.

My installer offered me a very competitive price on the platform itself. I guess we will see about install when we get to that point.

If anyone has installed this or has any recommendations, I would love to hear them. If you are interested in maybe ordering the platform for your boat, at a great price, shoot me a PM.
Attached Thumbnails Extended Swim Platform 400ss-400-swim-platform-cap.jpg  
Old 01-19-2011, 06:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is what we put on the 370
Attached Thumbnails Extended Swim Platform 400ss-034.jpg   Extended Swim Platform 400ss-019.jpg  

Quick Reply: Extended Swim Platform 400ss

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.