Stowage space in 292 Fastech

Notices
Formula

Stowage space in 292 Fastech

Old 12-27-2006, 03:13 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Stowage space in 292 Fastech

What about the stowage space in the 292 Fastech ? It seems that there is not so much stowage space as I had hoped. Nothing under the seating area and V-berth in the cabin as far as I can tell.
Where do you guys keep your gear like: Fenders, life vests, food/drinks, towels, engine oil etc. and still keep the cabin and cockpit tidy ?
I guess most of you keep the cockpit cover in the truck or at home ? I know it fits in the under the rear seat in the cockpit but then there i not much space left for the other stuff.
Old 12-27-2006, 04:04 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Stowage space in 292 Fastech

Originally Posted by Phazar454Mag
What about the stowage space in the 292 Fastech ? It seems that there is not so much stowage space as I had hoped. Nothing under the seating area and V-berth in the cabin as far as I can tell.
Where do you guys keep your gear like: Fenders, life vests, food/drinks, towels, engine oil etc. and still keep the cabin and cockpit tidy ?
I guess most of you keep the cockpit cover in the truck or at home ? I know it fits in the under the rear seat in the cockpit but then there i not much space left for the other stuff.
Fenders: Under rear seat
Life vests: On V-berth or seats (must be easily accessible to be legal!)
Food/drinks: In cooler under stand-up bolster. We bought some nice "soft" coolers that fits perfect. Also have a smaller soft cooler under sink. Can't remember the name. I'll see if I can find the link... Here it is - http://www.aocoolers.com/index.cfm?f...TOKEN=43510131
Towels: In the cuddy on the seats or V-berth.
Engine oil: In gunnel (sides with the sliding doors)
Cockpit cover: Keep at home. We have the full camper top, so bimini is under enging hatch, front, aft and side curtains in bags on V-berth if we will be camping.

You can fit quite a bit in the gunnels. I have two Fortress anchors (FX-11 and FX-7), spot light, extra fender, lines, and three throw cushions. There are also two smaller storage areas under the V-berth cushions on either side of the head. The one on the port side has the fresh water pump. I keep things like a DC fan (for camping on warm nights), first aid kit, hand pump for fenders, etc. The glove box is huge to hold other small stuff as well.

By the way, I saw from your other post that you have Scorpion engines in the 292. What kind of performance are you getting?

Last edited by 4mulafastech; 12-27-2006 at 04:10 PM.
Old 12-28-2006, 04:18 AM
Registered

Thank you for your detailed answer. This season I have had the cockpit cover under the rear seat when boating and it is convienient since I keep my boat at a marina and need it when I get back, but it takes up all the space. I will consider to keep it in the truck and free up some space.
To answer your question regarding performance with the Scorpion engines, I really don't know yet. First of all it is bottom painted and that robs app. 4-5 MPH according to the previous owner who did the painting. He tried it with and without the bottom paint. Most people in Denmark keep boats of this size in the water since we can not legally trailer them, and lifts are not allowed at most marinas, so bottom paint is needed I have no GPS installed yet, so I only have the happy speedo, and I am using the standard 28 Bravo props (used to be 350 Mag MPI engines). On the speedo I am running 79-80 MPH currently. But I don't know how fast that really is.
Old 12-28-2006, 06:33 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Phazar454Mag
This season I have had the cockpit cover under the rear seat when boating and it is convienient since I keep my boat at a marina and need it when I get back, but it takes up all the space. I will consider to keep it in the truck and free up some space.
How about a dock box for storing the top when you are out?
Old 12-28-2006, 09:09 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Out of experience, I ALWAYS take my cockpit cover with; even if just for a few miles.

My Sonic broke (once ever, in 3 seasons) a hydraulic steering line; just as we were heading back to the trailers, right at dusk. I had to leave the boat 25 miles down river at a marina/ramp, but it took me several hours to get there by land. It was very dark, and my whole boat was covered in spider webs and crap, bugs, bird droppings. It was a mess. NEVER again.

Do you have a single engine, or twin engine? Some folks over this way use the large Rubbermaid/Tupperware containers in the engine compartment, on either side of a single engine.

I have a twin engine boat now, and keep two very large fenders outboard of the engines, in the gunwhales, wedged into the stingers. Just have to make sure the fender lines are secured away from the engine belts.

Soft coolers:
www.american-outdoors.com

Anchor that takes up less space:
http://www.slideanchor.com/box.asp

How I stow my box anchor:
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=72668
Old 12-28-2006, 12:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RedDog382
How about a dock box for storing the top when you are out?
I will consider that. Thanks.
Old 12-28-2006, 12:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Do you have a single engine, or twin engine? Some folks over this way use the large Rubbermaid/Tupperware containers in the engine compartment, on either side of a single engine.
Twin engine. So there is limited space in the engine compartment.
Old 12-28-2006, 02:40 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Actually I do not want too much stoage space because then that give the wife an excuse to try and fill it all up. Thus the boat runs slower.

Another example...our new house we moved into 2 years ago has 43 cabnents in the kitchen plus a walk in pantry. This was about 5 times bigger than our last house. Guess what? I've discovered she has filled every single cabint and droor full or crap!