Project......382 >

Project......382

Notices
Formula

Project......382

Old 02-07-2012, 10:55 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I honestly think that $100K is a good starting point for an ask...but know you're probably going to need to deal with some "boat nut" or someone from OSO that appreciates what you have done.

I sincerely doubt that Formula themselves could have done a better job than you did on the re-furb of your 382.

Understanding the network of folks that have seen your work...you might just get what you are asking.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:40 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by C_Spray
The 540/600's are great engines; I couldn't be happier with my choice, especially since the alternative was 575 Sci's.

I never broke a drive, but the pinion gear in the lowers starts to show some wear and heat after about 300 hours. I had such a great back-door deal through Volvo Penta that I simply replaced both drives in 2006 when one pinion pitted. That drive (which needs a lower gear set) and another operational drive are included with the boat as spares.

Brand new and unloaded, we saw 78 mph. After we loaded all The Admiral's stuff into the boat, the usual top end was around 75. After we painted the bottom in 2005, it's been more like 73. Not the fastest thing out there, but it will run forever at 3900 rpm/52 mph.

I HATE the though of selling it, but we want to move on to a deisel 400SS. If I could afford to keep the 382, I would. We won't give it away, but in the current market, it's hard to know what it will go for. I'd like to start off with an asking price in the $100k range. Any thoughts?

I think you price idea is in the realm of reason.
I also think the Volvo power would sell much better than 575SCI. I have looked at a lot of boats in the past two years and if it has 575SCI it is off my list. Period! Those 540's are far superior to the 575 package in my book.

As a Formula fan I can really appreciate your anal details with the boat and refurb job. That is huge for a sale. I guess I can appreciate that kind of scrupulous work because that is the way I am with all my vehicles and toys. Every thing you have done on the 382 appears to be in very good taste and fit.
Great job by the way!!!

If I get up that way I would like to see it.

Good luck with the sale.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:00 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the input. I'm actually not looking forward to this. I'll list it in the Classifieds and a few local listings later this summer. Besides the factory equipment (genny, A/C, water heater, bimini top, camper canvas, cockpit cover and full cover), the boat will go with the following equipment:
  1. Fortress FX-11 anchor with 8' of 1/4" stainless chain and 250' of 1/2" 3-strand nylon rope, stored in a mesh storage bag.
  2. Two 8.5"x 26" and two 10.5"x 30" Taylor Super Gard fenders with covers and eight 5'x 3/8" fender whips.
  3. Four 7/16"x 20' and four 7/16"x 30' double-braid docklines, color coded by length.
  4. Spare serpentine belt, starter, alternator, fuel pump, distributor cap, rotor, plugs, wires, fuses, etc.
  5. Spare prop set with spare front and rear prop nuts.
  6. One spare operational drive; one spare drive in need of lower gears.
  7. Spare transom assembly with steering rams.
  8. Flaming River "Rapids" billet steering wheel.
  9. Brooks & Gatehouse engine data display (reads ECM and fuel data).
  10. Garmin 4212 12" chartplotter with handheld remote and GDL30A XM satellite radio (weather & audio) in custom housing.
  11. ICOM MC-412 VHF radio with DSC, linked to chartplotter.
  12. Cabin lighting system dimmer.
  13. Cockpit LED lights with remote on/off/dimmer.
  14. Billet cockpit step plates with polished stainless cupholders.
  15. 15" flatscreen TV/DVD with video output to chartplotter.
  16. All-new factory sunpad and headrest upholstery.
  17. Complete set of factory documentation, including owners manuals, wiring and plumbing diagrams.
  18. Engine oil and fuel filters (Mobil 1 & Racor), Mobil 1 20w50 engine oil and Mobil 1 75w90 drive oil.
  19. Miscellaneous spare bulbs, latches, fittings and other hardware.