Bow rails loose on my 311 .... >

Bow rails loose on my 311 ....

Notices
Formula

Bow rails loose on my 311 ....

Old 03-30-2008, 09:10 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I wonder if you could use a hole saw to access the nuts in the cabin and then take a 1x4 and cover it with fabric and attach it over the headiner ? The full length of the cabin?
Old 03-30-2008, 09:44 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

It may be different in the newer years, but all I found between me and the screw heads was just the carpet head liner. I know exactly what Darral is saying about the one in the head area. Two points there. 1.I never fit in the bathroom of a 311 to begin with. 2.There a support to give the upper deck more rigidity that runs from about where the bed begins in the v-berth to the helm. its tapered and gets larger as it runs further toward the rear of the boat. In the bathroom (designed for small children) its about 4 inches tall, and you have to reach behind it and access the screw head by feel. The only other thing I suggest is get a really good #1 Phillips Driver bit for the job. I'll be back there tomorrow (Monday) and will take some pics for you guys. Unfortunately the bow rails are restored back to there original polished stainless, so ican't get any pics of them in white. The rear ones come off tomorrow, I'll get some pics of those in White for you guys.

Nick
Old 03-30-2008, 09:47 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by offthefront
I wonder if you could use a hole saw to access the nuts in the cabin and then take a 1x4 and cover it with fabric and attach it over the headiner ? The full length of the cabin?
Hey Mike,

Apparently they used a board .... like a kick plate for trim on a wall to cover the bolts then they covered it with the headliner. I think that is what I understood from the conversation I had with Formula.
I will tell you this ... If I could I would weld these freak'in things once i get my hands on them so I don't have to go through this again.

Jeff
Old 03-31-2008, 05:29 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post 311 Bow rail highlights.

Hey guys, here's the pics. Only in the V-berth did I encounter more than just the carpet separating me from the heads.

Bow rails loose on my 311 ....-ebay3-112.jpg

Picture #1 Illustrates typical bolt location for the bolts in the "couch" area.

Bow rails loose on my 311 ....-ebay3-113.jpg

As you move toward the front of the vessel, you will have to use a ratchet and #1 bit due to the angle of the hull sides.

Bow rails loose on my 311 ....-ebay3-117.jpg

Picture #3 illustrates thee location of the forward most bolt in the "anchor-bay" area.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:40 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Cont.

In the V-berth area, you must remove the canvas wrapped "batton" that covers the seam between the head-liner and side-walls. bolts are more easily accessed due to the absence of the vertical support strut for the bow.

Bow rails loose on my 311 ....-ebay3-116.jpg

This the most difficult of all to access.

Bow rails loose on my 311 ....-ebay3-119.jpg

These are pictures from behind the bar-counsel. Access is gained by removing the refrigerator and crawling through the hole.

Bow rails loose on my 311 ....-ebay3-118.jpg

Additionally, the screw parallel to the port seat can be easily gained at this point also.

Any other questions guys, just let me know!
Nick
Old 03-31-2008, 06:17 PM
Registered

Those are some nice pictures. Probably a good idea to put atleast blue, if not red loctite on the screws I would imagine.

Last edited by strizzy; 03-31-2008 at 06:39 PM.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:33 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by strizzy
Those are so nice pictures. Probably a good idea to put atleast blue, if not red loctite on the screws I would imagine.
Strizzy ,

Good idea .... like I said earlier i would weld the Freak'in things if I could.

Jeff
Old 03-31-2008, 06:35 PM
Registered

Got to give a shout out to Spazboz for all the hard work...that was my boat he was working on.
I posted some pics of the bowrails painted white. In the pics you can't see how bad the paint was chipping and cracked. Now that they are polished stainless again, the boat looks much better.
Good luck with your bow rails guys and thanks Spazboz!
Old 03-31-2008, 08:02 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Those are great pics !!! a lot of information .... Makes me feel better if I have to remove the Rails ... Port side has a bump in the rail (near the winshield) .... Its on the list !!!!

Casper II .... what are the graphics on the side of your 311 ? I like the deck ......m
Old 03-31-2008, 09:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by offthefront
Casper II .... what are the graphics on the side of your 311 ? I like the deck ......m
I second that...and tell us more about the rubrail...painted original or replacement white?

Quick Reply: Bow rails loose on my 311 ....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.