Formula

Thoughts on a 382 Fastech

Old 04-10-2008, 03:13 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Speed/performance most important..stay with Fountain
Comfort/amenities...switch to Formula
Kind of what I was thinking Im going to try to run both boats and look at the cabins in both we are a fountain dealer where I work So the line and the feel of the boat in the Sport line I Have driven them all (also A 38 sc ) so the formulas will be a new Try for me What Bill Was saying is Kind of what I was expecting I did have a older 35 non step and she was a heavy layup and I was thinking (Hoping) the 38 formula would feel about the same The last boat I had was a newer Executioner w a single step and a lot lighter feeling

Last edited by blownincome; 04-10-2008 at 06:18 PM.
Old 04-10-2008, 04:18 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by blownincome
Speed/performance most important..stay with Fountain
Comfort/amenities...switch to Formula
Kind of what I was thinking Im going to try to run both boats and look at the cabins in both we are a fountain dealer where I work So the line and the feel of the boat in the Sport line I Have driven them all (also A 38 sc ) so the formulas will be a new Try for me What Bill Was saying is Kind of what I was expecting I did have a older 35 non step and she was a heavy layup and I was thinking (Hoping) the 38 formula would feel about the same

A straight bottom Fountain would be close to a stepped hull Formula IMO. My 382 will be in the water as soon as I get a 65-70 degree weekend....it's a long haul, but your welcome to come take a ride.

As for that Fountain 38 SC...I could do that (or the Formula 370SS). I'm willing to slow down some to get a stand-up cabin. We had express cruiser for years and guess I'm looking to split the difference between the 2 types now.
Old 04-10-2008, 06:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thanks For the invite ! I have a 97 local that I am looking at and we are several weeks from water up here rivers are open but a few before ice out , Im just starting boat get ready season so what little free time I have had is about to evaporate,thanks again! Bob
Ps I could set you up with a test drive of a 38 Fountain(pc) If you ever wanted one We always have 1 new in stock as well as several used units (Broker) at any given time..
No problem Ever to do that !

Last edited by blownincome; 04-12-2008 at 05:37 AM.
Old 04-11-2008, 01:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by t500hps
... Since he's in N. VA I would assume the dealer was Full Tilt....and they sucked. (just lost the Formula line too!)
Yep, I wasn't going to bash them.

Gotta give credit to Formula for the cabin. The convertible mid-berth was at least a queen size bed.

Maybe a 353 gets it done for you. A little lighter but a bigger cabin than your 35 Ex.

Also, think about the silent thunder...that's about 300 lbs of water your draggin around. I ordered my 382 without the box trying to get a little more performance.
Old 04-11-2008, 04:58 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thanks Bill..I dont know if Reggie has senced a rift in the force yet that one of his Fathfull was leaning away.. LOL
Old 04-11-2008, 06:13 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Thanks Bill..I dont know if Reggie has senced a rift in the force yet that one of his Fathfull was leaning away.. LOL

Oh say it ain't so , you leaving the faithful band of beakers.

My 38 off to Winni yet? Give the guy two or three free cans of wax and don't teach him how to work the chitter. Do your absolute best to impress upon him that cleanliness is next to Godliness when it comes to boats. My future is in your hands, don't let me down here, I've been rolling change since November anticipating this.
Old 04-12-2008, 05:29 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Dam.. Your in the loop I only worked him last weekend and Dan and Rick Solidifyed the deal this week! He is a Great Guy and Verry Picky about His boats and BMW, His Ski Boat looks better than New And im replaceing his speaker grills Cause the tiny fo screws are different colors than the real ones in the grills (Nuff Said) I anticipate it will look as new In as many years as he Owns it ! (Your In Good Shape!) As for Say it aint so ..... It aint over till the Fat lady sings . I still have to ride one to get the Whole Picture Tarheel (Bill) Gave me some good insight going from a Fountain to A 382 so we will see where this goes..The others here have been great also and given me great info as well.. A little like going from BMW to Benz..
Old 04-12-2008, 07:05 AM
Registered

Dam.. Your in the loop

Hey I've got to keep track of the future prospects, picky is when you start to worry about the boat before the other guy even gets it. Sounds like you guys picked the right guy to protect my interests.

Back to the one I do own...............So who is the "go to guy" at Fountain for prop info? Rick gave me a name before but I can't find it, kept getting the phone shuffle all week. I really didn't need to know that it went out the door with 32 Bravos.

Do you know if you can put the Fountain bolt back lit units in this boat where the speakers are in the cockpit? Don't really like the looks of the speakers and thought I might move them.

As far as the 382, try it out and see if it's where you want to be right now. I'm sure it's not going to handle like a go cart but they are a roomy wave crusher.

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 04-12-2008 at 07:11 AM.
Old 04-12-2008, 05:04 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

the Name is Brian Forhand At Fountain
Thanks For the input!! I Have been on the water all day at cobalt demo day ! Nice Teaser!
Old 04-12-2008, 06:34 PM
Registered

the Name is Brian Forhand At Fountain
Thanks For the input!! I Have been on the water all day at cobalt demo day ! Nice Teaser!

Bob you da man! Thanks, I'll try that on monday. What does this guy do at Fountain? If I tell him I'm your best bud will he send me some of those Herrings to try?

A Cobalt is not so bad, could have been a used Bayliner. I saw spits of that white chit early this morning.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on a 382 Fastech

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.