Originally Posted by ThirdBird
There's no plug in my 311.
There was in mine .....I leave it out ......m
Old 04-28-2009, 11:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's no plug in my 311.
No plug in the drain, or no drain at all?

This place sucks for not being able to upload pics anymore without paying.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:03 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by handfulz28
No plug in the drain, or no drain at all?

This place sucks for not being able to upload pics anymore without paying.
No drain at all.

I've been in there several times. My windshield does leak. Funny thing is, I never see any signs of it in the head liner, or anywhere else for that matter. I sop it up and wonder where the water comes from. My boat is always covered completely when not in use so it's not just "coming" in.

I do think it's the windshield-to-deck seal though. Water intrusion is most prevelant when we're in the boat in the rain with the bimini/enclosure up. That setup does not cover the bottom of the windshield frame.

Just can't find signs of water seepage.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by offthefront
There was in mine .....I leave it out ......m
If there were a drain hole, I'd be worried that the water would get under the tank as suggested by spazboz. I'm not certain that the drain, were it there, would be plummed to the engine bay bilge through a tube of some sort. It may be just be running along the keel thereby sucking up into the tank foam.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:37 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

This would be one of life's little mysteries I guess.

And here when I was damn near convinced that leaks only happened on Fountains .

Only a major problem when it comes thru the bottom of the boat. I had a Sea Ray that did that once .................. shortly after running it over a big rock! As Bird would say .... "Not Good!".

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 04-28-2009 at 05:42 PM.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
This would be one of life's little mysteries I guess.

And here when I was damn near convinced that leaks only happened on Fountains .
Now, now,,,,,,,, we're talking 20 frickin' year old boats here Ragged. Hell, 20 year old Fountains are lucky to float!!!

Now, back to our regularly scheduled FORMULA program, if we call TAG, we'll be able to answer this question. They'll send a layout of how the old hulls were built. They did it for me when I was considering a 34 PC that drew more water than designed. You know which one I'm speaking of Ragged.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:40 PM
Registered

Now, now,,,,,,,, we're talking 20 frickin' year old boats here Ragged. Hell, 20 year old Fountains are lucky to float!!!

Now, back to our regularly scheduled FORMULA program, if we call TAG, we'll be able to answer this question. They'll send a layout of how the old hulls were built. They did it for me when I was considering a 34 PC that drew more water than designed. You know which one I'm speaking of Ragged.

I've seen a lot of 20 year old Fountains that still float. Hell I'd bet if you threw Reggie in the drink he'd float! And he's way over 20 years old! Can you say the same for those little Porter fellows?

As far as that 34PC goes, the water in the cabin was only ankle deep. It dried out, I think.

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 04-28-2009 at 06:42 PM.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:52 PM
Registered

As far as that 34PC goes, the water in the cabin was only ankle deep.
Yeah, that's what I said intially...... "heck, it's only river water"!!

Not!!!! Glad I didn't go any further. The meager offer I made was all I was prepared to risk on that deal. We saw it a few times over the summer, still going strong eveidently. Remember that little ***** getting all uppity when we tried to talk to him at the dock? He's like "I'm tired of all these people asking about this boat". 'Scuse the fock outta me azzwipe!!
Hope his stingers turn to mush,,,,,,,, shmuck.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:07 PM
Registered

Remember that little ***** getting all uppity when we tried to talk to him at the dock? He's like "I'm tired of all these people asking about this boat". 'Scuse the fock outta me azzwipe!!
Hope his stingers turn to mush,,,,,,,, shmuck.

Yes I do remember, though I can't understand why . That was just a little while before we met up with the Jack Daniels commando crew upstairs(nothing says you're safe like a big jug of Jack and a couple 50 cals) and for sure before the titties on the dock show! We need to do that again! Dumb, Dumber, and Dumbest!!!

You and I can figure out the Dumb and Dumber deal, we both know who Dumbest was.
Old 04-29-2009, 05:52 AM
Registered

You and I can figure out the Dumb and Dumber deal, we both know who Dumbest was.
Yes we do!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.