Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Formula
Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done? >

Upgrades to your Formula! What have you done?

Notices
Formula

Upgrades to your Formula! What have you done?

Old 03-24-2010, 08:31 AM
Where To
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Still to come...This year:

- Stereo upgrade
- Finish the 2010 cockpit upgrade with carpet and dash
- 2010 Interior upgrade of the Cabin.

Stay tuned!

Dave
Old 03-25-2010, 10:47 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, nice work on the 271.
I also have a 95 271.

I assume yours had a silent thunder box that was removed and replaced with mufflers.
Did you need to replace the thru hull flanges to install the mufflers or did the mufflers in the pic fit over the origionals.
The spouts on my thru hulls have a small lip on the end that would make it hard to seal a muffler against water,

How did you do yours??

Originally Posted by mosport1
1995 271 Indy

1. 575SCi w/ bits powdercoated to mimic the original engine's color theme
2. Imco Transom Assembly
3. Bravo XR
4. CMI E-Tops w/ 6" rise
5. GGB Mufflers
6. Latham strainer
7. Imco water pickup
8. Latham helm
9. Livorsi gauges mounted in new dash panels
10. All the hardware needed to hook the stuff up
Old 03-26-2010, 02:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nsformula
Wow, nice work on the 271.
I also have a 95 271.

I assume yours had a silent thunder box that was removed and replaced with mufflers.
Did you need to replace the thru hull flanges to install the mufflers or did the mufflers in the pic fit over the origionals.
The spouts on my thru hulls have a small lip on the end that would make it hard to seal a muffler against water,

How did you do yours??

Yes, the Silent Thunder box was removed, as well as the original tailpipes. The mufflers that were fitted are the bolt on type that have a 5/16 stud every 120 degrees that requires a hole to be drilled through the transom for each stud. The original cast tailpipes are held to the transom with self tapping screws, and due to their shape, I don't think there is a clamp on/slip on muffler that will work with them.

The holes that the ST box left behind, I used ss carriage bolts with the heads powdercoated white for the transom, and used ss buttonhead cap screws/washers powdercoated white to fill the threaded inserts on the underside of the platform. Also, the studs that hold the ladder down were shortened to keep from harpooning someone.

A couple of pictures to illustrate the explanation.
Attached Thumbnails Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-cmiggb.jpg   Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-trnsm.jpg  
Old 03-29-2010, 10:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sdodson1
Mine is a work in progress and I just got my dash and switch panels back today. Here is some before and after pics. I bought the Livorsi Momo wheel and had the panels paint matched also got all new gauges from them. Having the sticks chrome powder coated with blue tops and the drive indicator bezel chrome also. I will post more as I get further.

Has anyone in a 1997 replaced there glove box hatch with billet? I was thinking about doing that to improve that side!
I had mine firecoated red to match my dash and bolster I did last year. Easy and does not cost much to do.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:36 PM
Registered

Here is a project I did in 2005. It was fun to do. Craig Barry rode on my boat from Mission Bay to San Diego......he said it just needed a little bit more power......Craig is a smart guy.
Attached Thumbnails Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-prelim%25201.jpg   Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-dsc00187.jpg   Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-.jpg  

Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-b.jpg   Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-dsc00263.jpg  
Old 03-29-2010, 12:38 PM
Registered

.......the big reason for the new panel.
Attached Thumbnails Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-dsc00264.jpg   Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-dsc00294.jpg   Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-dsc00240.jpg  

Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-dsc00241.jpg   Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-dsc00242.jpg  
Old 03-29-2010, 01:09 PM
Registered

Boat pics.....old dash.
Attached Thumbnails Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-us-flying.jpg   Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-yeah.jpg   Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-p0002326.jpg  

Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-p0002330.jpg   Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-p0002393.jpg  
Old 03-29-2010, 10:16 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanx for the info, I fiqured the orgional tail pipes
would need to go.

Nice boat, incredible condition.

Originally Posted by mosport1
Yes, the Silent Thunder box was removed, as well as the original tailpipes. The mufflers that were fitted are the bolt on type that have a 5/16 stud every 120 degrees that requires a hole to be drilled through the transom for each stud. The original cast tailpipes are held to the transom with self tapping screws, and due to their shape, I don't think there is a clamp on/slip on muffler that will work with them.

The holes that the ST box left behind, I used ss carriage bolts with the heads powdercoated white for the transom, and used ss buttonhead cap screws/washers powdercoated white to fill the threaded inserts on the underside of the platform. Also, the studs that hold the ladder down were shortened to keep from harpooning someone.

A couple of pictures to illustrate the explanation.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:46 AM
Where To
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nort....Awesome ride! Still got the link to your video?

Dave
Old 03-30-2010, 10:03 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by axapowell
Nort....Awesome ride! Still got the link to your video?

Dave
Thanks! Let me look around for that link......HEY....here it is! VIDEO

That was before the project though. The video is 2004.
Attached Thumbnails Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-103_0318_1.jpg   Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-103_0319_1.jpg   Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-dsc00013.jpg  

Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-dsc02306.jpg   Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-014_14-.jpg  

Last edited by PhantomChaos; 03-30-2010 at 10:44 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.