Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Formula
Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done? >

Upgrades to your Formula! What have you done?

Notices
Formula

Upgrades to your Formula! What have you done?

Old 02-24-2010, 09:52 AM
Where To
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Upgrades to your Formula! What have you done?

Here we go.

Since we have ALL added a little "Bling" to our boats, how about we share the thoughts and ideas with other owners. They are all here across the Formula Forum, but a quick overview of each specific project, and a couple of shots can't hurt!

Put the model of your boat in the description, then post a brief overview of the project and include a couple of pictures to share. Then answer the usual Q & A.

The best compliment anyone can and will pay, is an upgrade from your idea!

Dave
Old 02-24-2010, 10:08 AM
Where To
VIP Member

Default 1999 353 Fastech

1 - Go to advanced to start the post.

2 - Year and make of your boat in the title

3 - Post away!

Here is an example:

Changed the color of the white pieces on my bolster seats to a candy red.

First I disassembled the bolster seats removing all of the metal parts. Took them to the sandblast booth and let them have it. The aluminum casting wasn't that smooth, so we filled the little holes with some filler.

Then after a quick shot of zinc primer powder coat and a finish sand, we laid a chrome base (powdercoat) and then a Candy Red finish (powdercoat as well). Re-assembly complete! New look!

Dave
Attached Thumbnails Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-feb-257.jpg   Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-feb-036.jpg   Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-feb-052.jpg  

Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-feb-172.jpg  
Old 02-24-2010, 10:11 AM
Where To
VIP Member

Default 1999 353 Fastech

And then the finished product!

Dave
Attached Thumbnails Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-feb-065.jpg   Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-feb-123.jpg   Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-feb-262.jpg  

Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-040-2-.jpg   Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-035-2-.jpg  
Old 02-24-2010, 02:23 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll post the list. If anyone wants any pictures of a particular update let me know, and I'll add them. Otherwise, I'd totally hijack this post...

From stem to stern:
  1. Flagship Silver Pearl paint in 2004, updated with "swooshes" in 2008.
  2. Installed 4" TemurPedic topper on v-berth in 2005. Big-time comfort.
  3. Replaced the shoebox TV/VCR combo with a fold-down flatscreen/DVD on a new panel in 2005; converted the area behind the flatscreen to USABLE storage.
  4. Changed the cabin lighting valance panel upholstery from blue to black in 2008.
  5. Installed a dimmer for all cabin lights in 2008.
  6. Installed a wineglass rack for The Admiral's acrylic wine glass set in 2003. Removed it in 2006 after she got fed up with cleaning the glasses. Custom plastic cups with a picture of the boat are used now. (She takes them home an washes them - go figure.)
  7. Installed an Ipod dock for audio and video in 2008.
  8. Replaced air conditioning unit in 2009.
  9. Installed 10" Garmin chartplotter over the companionway in 2002; upgraded to a 12" unit with satellite weather in 2007.
  10. Added water pressure gauges in 2002.
  11. Changed gauge bezels from blue to silver in 2008.
  12. Updated the steering wheel to the ubiquitous Aria model in 2008.
  13. Installed my own VHF radio and antenna in 2000. Upgraded to a DSC VHF radio linked to the chartplotter in 2007.
  14. Changed the cockpit lights to LED's in 2008.
  15. Painted the bolster bases silver/prismatic in 2010.
  16. Added Axapowell's BlingPlates in 2009.
  17. Changed from a blue bimini and cover to a gray bimini with a white cover in 2008.
  18. Move house/starboard engine battery to the starboard side and added a second battery to re-balance the boat and add endurance to the 12v house supply in 2004.
  19. Changed from Eickert exhaust manifolds to Stellings headers in 2004.
  20. Completely rerigged and repainted the bilge and engines in 2008. (Uber-project on many levels, covered in it's own thread...)
  21. Removed the Silent Thunder box in 2004. Quickly added mufflers in 2005. ("Huh?" "What?" "I can't hear you!")
  22. Added external underwater bypass to mufflers in 2008.
  23. And other stuff that I've forgotten...
Attached Thumbnails Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-done20080510-large-.jpg   Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-p1000397-large-.jpg   Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-p1010131-large-.jpg  

Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-p1010127-large-.jpg   Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-mufflersl.jpg  

Last edited by C_Spray; 02-26-2010 at 08:03 AM.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:03 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AXAPOWELL,
Looks Great, I am interested seeing some better pics of the speaker pods behind/beside the bolsters. Speakers look like they are sitting in mid air.
In the process of installing new system in my boat, always looking for ideas.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:16 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Default 1993 357

Here is couple pic of my renovation from last year. Posted many pics of this project here http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/f...7-upgrade.html
Updated to 2000 382
Attached Thumbnails Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-357old2.jpg   Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-357old1.jpg   Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-p6250026.jpg  

Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-87805249_6.jpg   Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-86248539_6.jpg  
Old 02-25-2010, 07:06 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by srl520
Here is couple pic of my renovation from last year. Posted many pics of this project here http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/f...7-upgrade.html
Updated to 2000 382
Your 357 project was impressive! Great perseverance and attention to detail; it really did look like a 2000+ interior. Do I read your post to say that you sold that boat and bought a 382?
Old 02-25-2010, 09:35 AM
Where To
VIP Member

Default 1999 353 Fastech

Originally Posted by srl520
AXAPOWELL,
Looks Great, I am interested seeing some better pics of the speaker pods behind/beside the bolsters. Speakers look like they are sitting in mid air.
In the process of installing new system in my boat, always looking for ideas.
Well, this was one of the first projects that I did on my boat. in 2006, I decided to put my system in and I had made pods for my 303 that were mounted in a similar spot. I wanted something a little bigger that would project sound across the back seat and over sunpad to the water if we are swimming.

I went to the drawing board several times to get it right and this is the final design. These are made from Corian countertop material. Several different diameter 1/2" thick rings (CNC'd) and then adheared together, sanded smooth and then painted. The holes for the grill actually mount the speaker to the pod, so I taped the pods, duramixed heli-coils into the Corian and then used stainless steel allen heads. The speakers are 8" coaxial Memphis Audio Marine. Great speaker if you amp them! I have a pair of 6 X 9's (Memphis as well) up front in the stock location and a Pro Diamond Audio 10" sub buried in the gunwhale on the port side. Pioneer deck with a dash mounted remote and a Memphis Bell 5 channel hybrid (4 channel for the speakers and a mono block for the sub in one chassis).

I plan to replace the deck with a new Alpine, wireless remote, and a couple of sub-woofers this spring (if I get to it).

Dave
Attached Thumbnails Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-port-pod1.jpg   Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-port-pod-2.jpg   Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-port-pod-3.jpg  

Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-stb-pod-2.jpg   Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-stb-pod-minus-bolster.jpg  
Old 02-25-2010, 10:18 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by C_Spray
Your 357 project was impressive! Great perseverance and attention to detail; it really did look like a 2000+ interior. Do I read your post to say that you sold that boat and bought a 382?
I have not sold boat yet. I haven't tried. With the economy the way it is, I am just happy to have a boat right now. Probably be holding off for another yr.
I have removed all the upholstery up top and redoing it right now. I will be posting all pictures involved with the new interior and stereo install when it progresses alittle further.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:24 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

C Spray
You have done alot of awesome upgrades. I used some of your interior pics to help me do mine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.