formula is keeping the riff raff out

Notices
Formula

formula is keeping the riff raff out

Old 09-06-2013, 08:11 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by Mentalpause
I've had Axius on a 2008 350SS since the 1.0 software release. And I knew when I bought it that it would have bugs, which it did. 3 software updates later and it is flawless, but some of using it is just common sense which is not always common with boaters. The Gen 2 Axius appears to be solid.

I agree that you wouldn't want it on a performance boat because it prohibits the tie bar. But who the heck buys a 310SS as a performance boat? None of the SS line is what I would consider a performance hull.
Who would have thought people would buy pontoons as performance boats? Yet now they are running 114 MPH in the Shootout!!

I think a 310SS with Ilmors would be cool. 9'6" beam with 22 degress deadrise and 9,800 lbs You'll just have to pick your spots when you run it balls out. Think of how many people we know with "offshore" boats that run them like runabouts on small lakes? Why not have a boat with nice ammenities and better passenger room that can make 70 MPH + blasts when you feel the need for speed?!
Old 09-06-2013, 08:49 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

QUOTE=Knot 4 Me;3989462]Who would have thought people would buy pontoons as performance boats? Yet now they are running 114 MPH in the Shootout!!

I think a 310SS with Ilmors would be cool. 9'6" beam with 22 degress deadrise and 9,800 lbs You'll just have to pick your spots when you run it balls out. Think of how many people we know with "offshore" boats that run them like runabouts on small lakes? Why not have a boat with nice ammenities and better passenger room that can make 70 MPH + blasts when you feel the need for speed?![/QUOTE]

You've read my mind exactly. In a conversation w/ Nick Buis from Statement Marine I think he put it best, the market has changed, people want to "BOAT". He defined "BOATING" as a relaxing, low stress experience on well appointed craft, w/ reliable turnkey power & some amenities. Within Statement Marine thats meant refocusing on the increased demand for upscale well appointed Ctr Consoles as opposed to 120mph Vee's. I don't want a Ctr Console but I would like to start "BOATING" per Nick's definition. I've only owned & still own a Go Fast boat. I've had my fun & my headaches, now I'd prefer to just BOAT & experience something different cruising up & down the ICW & do a few over nights etc.

I realize this is the FORMULA Forum & I myself am a newbie to this area on OSO but attached is a boat I've had my eye on for quite some time. I love this boat, the lines, the POWER & the fact it's a 2007 w/ 20hrs on it BUT it has a very basic V Berth cabin w/o any other amenities. It's 4' longer than the Formula 310 but it actually doesn't make the most of the space, seating or bells & whistles in comparison to the smaller Formula.

Long story short my quest to find the well rounded cuddy that has some eye appeal, includes overnight amenities & doesn't resemble a 45mph boxy Cabin Cruiser so I can start "BOATING" is whats brought me here & peaked my interest in the Formula 310 FX5.
Attached Thumbnails formula is keeping the riff raff out-2-16-07-054.jpg   formula is keeping the riff raff out-dsc00549.jpg   formula is keeping the riff raff out-dsc00550.jpg  

formula is keeping the riff raff out-dsc00530.jpg  

Last edited by NASCAT; 09-06-2013 at 05:39 PM.