400 SS needs motors 50k >

400 SS needs motors 50k

Notices
Formula

400 SS needs motors 50k

Old 07-28-2012, 10:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Who is this Guy. We really need to not buy from Him. Someones going to get burned. No fun intended. Thanks Artie
Old 07-29-2012, 05:38 AM
hq_
Registered

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
he said that the insurance was going to spend 90k and fix the boat,the owner threatend to sue the insurance and i guess they paid him 135k for the boat..

A hull in need of $90k repair after a fire is no longer a hull, it's garbage, a parts boat from engine bay bulkhead forward. I feel really sorry for the poor SOB who buys a boat like that, unaware of the nightmare heat damage means in the long run.

Btw., does anyone know the VIN/HIN of this hull? Just to make sure I know which boat to avoid, permanently.

Caveat emptor.

Last edited by hq_; 07-29-2012 at 03:50 PM. Reason: typo
Old 07-29-2012, 10:58 AM
Registered

Wow! Cannot believe they are ask 100k for this thing after the damages. Even with fresh power, with 90k in assessed damaged I doubt this boat is even worth the 50 they were asking. I wanna see the damage.
Old 07-29-2012, 03:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i was interested for a friend but after the disclosure??? i stated it was elegal not to disclose the burning of the boat and he said thats why i said to call with ?

this is the emails bottom first to the top..

Yes it was a joke they were going to fix he said he would sue them got 135000 59% on the $ for that kind of boat 90000 fix and yes I would have told them wtf

Sent from my iPhone

seems your beatinr around the bush on this one..all i asked for was more pictures and i guess you dont have anymore,,i poked around on the www and found a artical on this boat..sorry 50k or 90 k for a totaled boat is not worth it to me..i found the ssame boat for 89k that was not in a fire..its elegal not to disclose this information..
http://lakeexpo.com/news/lake_news/a...a4bcf887a.html

FOR $$99,000 I WILL GET WHAT YOU NEED ????? I Am going to fix it THANKJS

here http://www.texasboatrepos.com/2001-F...-75161/3962827

It's gone thanks were did you get the ad

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 27, 2012, at 10:47 PM, responder

Comment/Question: can i get pic's of the engine bay and the v birth bathroom,kitchen etcof the formula please,are they still in the boat,,what other issues does the boat have? thankyou
Old 07-29-2012, 04:43 PM
Registered

texasboatrepo = Paul Casey

Much of his inventory comes from auction or NL.

A friendly web search will yield his phone number.
Old 07-29-2012, 06:04 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This junk dealer has been kicked off OSO in the past more than one time. Garbage like this is just trying to flip something for a gold mine. I understand making a buck but this is just another example of how unreasonable people like this are.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...otion-cat.html

A 2001 400SS can be bought in perfect running condition for under $99K. Why would anyone want to pizz away $99K and then several more $K to repair.

Thanks to Capt Steve for his upstanding efforts to watch out for the Formula community.
Old 07-29-2012, 06:09 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mrfixxall

FOR $$99,000 I WILL GET WHAT YOU NEED ????? I Am going to fix it THANKJS
There is NOTHING in the definition of "fixed" that a junk dealer could convince me to buy. The scabbing, patching and overall cover-ups would be the only fixing done to the demise of buyer beware.

Sad bunch of people.