Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Formula
where to get a full enclosure for a 242 LS? >

where to get a full enclosure for a 242 LS?

Notices
Formula

where to get a full enclosure for a 242 LS?

Old 04-11-2013, 04:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, great response! Well, to answer your question why I want one: I live in sweden and you can probably figure out why I'll need one :-) . Hmm, too bad that it doesn't seem to buy a finished set, but I'll have ro see what I can do. Does anyone know of any apprpriate bimini top available. It'd be very good if it,d fold down behind the sundeck, or how are your tops designed?

I'll try to get a couple of pics up, but I have just started my long journey towards summer ;-).

@ endeavour32, what parts do you actually have?

Thanks for all the help!
Old 04-11-2013, 05:53 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Seriously...I think your needs will be best served by employing a local craftsman to fabricate what you want. I doubt you will be able to cobble parts and pieces together to provide you with a satisfying result.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:04 PM
Registered

I need to update this thread since i'm still in need for a full canvas. It turns out i'm going to the us a couple of times this fall so if anybody has an idea on where i could get hold of an enclosure for a formula 242 ls i'm interested. Everything is basically twice the price in sweden so if anyone knows of a craftsman in the us who has prints for it let me know. I'll try to post some pics of my rebuilt boat, but something is up with the site right now and I can't seem to be able right now. All i know is that the first summer spent in this boat i love it!
Old 08-07-2013, 07:44 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want something simple for when you are stopped, try this...http://m.westmarine.com/aHR0cDovL3d3...NzTnVtPTUwODM5
Old 08-08-2013, 07:49 AM
Registered

Now everything is sorted and it seems that I can post pictures. So here's a couple of the progress so far. Bear in mind that We've done everything in two months so there is still some things that remains. Sorry for the bad quality pics, but I just pics from my phone.

Thanks for the tip on the anchor shade. But I'm going to need a proper standing height enclosure for the boat since we don't have predicable weather here in Sweden. So if anyone knows of an american craftsman that has the prints to a Formula 242LS, please let me know. Or if someone actually has an old enclosure for a 242LS I'd be VERY interested in buying it!
Old 08-08-2013, 02:44 PM
Registered

had a full enclosure custom made all stainless steel three years ago for my 272 I've only used it once! it cost me $3500 to have it made$$$$ may consider selling it
Old 08-08-2013, 04:56 PM
Registered

Thank you very much for the reply! Do you perhaps know if the cockpit is identical between the 242LS and the 272LS? Cause if the enclosure would fit I'm very interested. Do you have any pictures perhaps? You could email them to [email protected].

Thanks
Old 08-09-2013, 02:44 PM
Registered

Email sent...
Old 08-09-2013, 06:17 PM
Registered

Hmmm...i just checked my emails, but i haven't received anything. Could you please check if it actually was sent? I saw that a dot was at the end of my stated address, maybe that's the problem. If you still have trouble sending it. Try [email protected] instead. Thanks for the help.
Old 08-09-2013, 07:52 PM
Registered

contact formula.. I just did and they gave me all the part numbers for a full canvas for my 271..or you can go direct to the manufacture here's the link for them

http://www.ameritexfabrics.com/infobar/contactUs.html

the link above made the original top for your boat you can fill out the request form and they will get back to you with a quote

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.