Old formula switches >

Old formula switches

Notices
Formula

Old formula switches

Old 05-02-2013, 09:25 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I didn't post the ebay link. I just meant to say they are very universal and even though they are old design most marine stores should have them right on the shelve. Perfect match except for the fading on the old ones. Here is a link to one for 2.25$

http://www.sherco-auto.com/Merchant2...ry_Code=SWITCH
Old 05-02-2013, 10:03 AM
alj
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those are the same as my F402. I'll check to see what I have. I believe they are a gloss black not the matte grained black in the other posts. Are you looking for Illuminated or non? What accessory do they operate? Some are two position, some are momentary, etc.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:10 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by alj
Those are the same as my F402. I'll check to see what I have. I believe they are a gloss black not the matte grained black in the other posts. Are you looking for Illuminated or non? What accessory do they operate? Some are two position, some are momentary, etc.
ALJ, you are 100% correct, they are gloss black. I need 4, doesnt matter if they illuminate or not. 2 are going to be for my docking lights (replacing the pull switch) and 2 will be for my new captain call exhaust. 4 or 2 will be great.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:19 PM
alj
Registered

I'll check in the shop attic to see what I have. I will tell you that any standard dash switch like these will not work with the docking lights unless you install some type of high amperage relay system. Those pull switches are designed for extremely high amperage loads like the docking lights. Be careful here as this can cause a wiring fire!
Old 05-03-2013, 01:34 PM
Registered

Thank you for the heads up. Any chance you know what size relay would be good for those lights? So if I use the switch I can put the relay. Or if I purchase a new pull switch, what size I need.
Old 05-07-2013, 11:13 AM
alj
Registered

Drago,
I sent you an email about the switches, As I looked again at your pictures. I realized I only gave you part numbers for non-illuminated switches. If you look at the chart, you can figure out the designation for the illuminated switches I think. If not on that chart, I'll find it. The heavy duty switches I described in my email "may" work for the docking lights. If you stay with the standard metal push-pull switch, they are made by Cole-Hersey and are similar to #M482 or M682. You can find these online or at West Marine. The Formula wiring diagrams show 10 guage wire for the docking lights. That usually indicates at least 20 or 25 amps. You need a big switch for that kind of amperage. If you decide to "relay" the docking lights I would use a 25 amp to be safe. Hope this helps.
ALJ
Old 05-07-2013, 06:19 PM
Registered

ALJ
Received your email. Very much appreciate it. I am going to look into it. Right now my captain call wont fit my Alpha drive, so I gotta figure out what I am going to do. but I may replace some switches/docking lights. Thank you so much for that information!