engine puked!

Notices

engine puked!

Old 04-16-2006, 05:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: engine puked!

Originally Posted by 99fever27
I was towed back to the marina by a nice guy in a Bayliner.

THAT has to be embarresing, did you hide in the cabin????

check filters, timming then things get tougher but start there as stated already

temp was ok?
Old 04-16-2006, 08:59 PM
Registered

Coil?
Old 04-16-2006, 09:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=GOODT]THAT has to be embarresing, did you hide in the cabin????

Embarresing doesnt describe how I felt. After flying up and down the lake and probably pizzing everyone off, I was happy to see anyone come by to offer a tow. Nice guy though, wouldn't except any money. I didn't hide in the cabin but I assure you I was out of beer by the time we made it to my marina.
I'm going to do a complete service on the engine this weekend and start checking everything out with the little things first. Coil isnt one I thought of but the way it was cutting out it makes sense.
Old 04-16-2006, 09:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 88Fountain
If your Matt, then it's me Aaron. We had a great time in Richmond. How have you been? It sure has been great weather for boating lately. We took our boat down to SML a couple of weeks ago. We'll have to hook up with you at the lake or on the river.
Hey Aaron yep thats me. Had a great time also..im surprised we actually won that pool game being so drunk! We should hook up on the water this summer, are you going to do the poker run on SMl or the Potomac?
Old 04-17-2006, 07:55 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 99fever27
Hey Aaron yep thats me. Had a great time also..im surprised we actually won that pool game being so drunk! We should hook up on the water this summer, are you going to do the poker run on SMl or the Potomac?
We aren't going to do either poker run this year, going to wait for our two boys to get a little older. We definatly need to hook up on the water. I can come out to look at your boat if you want any help with it.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:03 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

When this happened to me, it was the ignition switch. Give the key a jiggle and see of it cuts out. Hope it is something simple!
Old 04-17-2006, 08:56 AM
Registered

The distributor should be tight. If it is lose I would definately reset your timing. Might want to check your fuel water seperator, is it possible you got bad gas, maybe has water in it.
Old 04-17-2006, 11:32 AM
Registered

I hate to hear about this stuff so early in the season. I hope it is a simple fix for you and it doesn’t keep you out of the water to long.
Old 04-18-2006, 12:39 PM
Registered

Ethanol in the fuel?

Just got done reading the threads about ethanol. If you got stuck with some fuel that was tainted with ethanol, you might have gummed up the carbs / fuel filters.
Old 04-18-2006, 04:05 PM
Registered

First take a fuel sample, then verify whether or not you have good "spark", and timing. Then, if these are good, check compression. Check for the necessities. When you find a problem with one of these systems, then you can focus on repairing the problem. Start with the easiest to check and work to the hardest.

Quick Reply: engine puked!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.