Ipod with High Freq set up >

Ipod with High Freq set up

Notices

Ipod with High Freq set up

Old 06-18-2006, 11:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ipod with High Freq set up

Friday I was given an IPod for Fathers day with the High Frequency accessory to run thru the stereo and it works really great . Does anyone on this board have the same set up and if so where do you keep the IPod. We kept it yesterday plugged into the cig lighter down by the cooler and I want to keep it on the helm area so that I can change songs while driving. Does anyone have a set up similar to what I'm looking for and if so can you provide pics? Thanxs.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:18 AM
Registered

Default Re: Ipod with High Freq set up

You might want to look at ProClip for a mount. I have on in the car and am getting ready to use one on my Formula. I have my iPod hard wired to the Aux imput of the stereo and it has 12V power ($50 kit). I am not sure it will stay in place in real rough stuff, but will be field testing it this weekend and advise.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SeaWeasel
You might want to look at ProClip for a mount. I have on in the car and am getting ready to use one on my Formula. I have my iPod hard wired to the Aux imput of the stereo and it has 12V power ($50 kit). I am not sure it will stay in place in real rough stuff, but will be field testing it this weekend and advise.

thanxs and plase keep me updated how your sea trial works out for you
Old 07-06-2006, 07:37 AM
Registered

After 8 days of rough water testing at the washing machine of LOTO, the ProClip mount holds the iPod like nobody's business. I would highly recommend the AUX input / 12V set-up, too if your head unit will accept it- the sound is great, you get a charge and I have my iPod mounted right next to my remote control so everything is at hand. I would say that the ProClip is not the sexiest add on to your dash (black mil-spec plastic) but it seems to work like a champ.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:03 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SeaWeasel
After 8 days of rough water testing at the washing machine of LOTO, the ProClip mount holds the iPod like nobody's business. I would highly recommend the AUX input / 12V set-up, too if your head unit will accept it- the sound is great, you get a charge and I have my iPod mounted right next to my remote control so everything is at hand. I would say that the ProClip is not the sexiest add on to your dash (black mil-spec plastic) but it seems to work like a champ.

Do you have a pic of your set up and also a web site to order one of them ProClips?
Old 07-06-2006, 10:19 AM
Registered

No pic- but you can find the ProClip at ProClipUSA.com (I think). I just used the iPod mini holder and through-bolted it to the dash where you enter the cuddy on my 311 (nav side)- sits right next to my Sony marine remote and is wired into a 12V source on my main power panel (in the cuddy). You can wire it to the power and ground on your head unit, too. I didn't use any of the ProClip "mounts"- just the holder which was like $20.00. I sure would like one in billet (but I use a mini on my boat and they are out of production!!!!).