little help please " prop !" >

little help please " prop !"

Notices

little help please " prop !"

Old 04-27-2010, 10:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default little help please " prop !"

found a great deal on a prop and wanted to know what you all think i found a 24 pitch bravo 1 4 blade currently i have a 23 p mirage 3 blade , it works its just not the greatest . also the 24 p is a lefty and i have a righty on now is that a big deal !. does my type hull like left hand rotation props and or 4 blade props tell me anything good or bad
Old 04-27-2010, 10:25 AM
Registered

Default Good question!

I can't help you on this..wish I could, but I just wanted to say that I've got the same set-up and I've been wondering the same thing. I'll be watching you post real close though. Thanks for asking!
Old 04-27-2010, 11:09 AM
Registered

Default this is my setup

I have a 2000 fountain 27', 502 mag efi, 1.5 ratio b1. The boat came with a hydromotive 15 1/2 x 23 pitch LEFT HAND rotation prop. The boat ran 68 mph on gps at 4950 rpm's. I contacted BBlades and talked to him about other props for more speed, good cruise speeds and good out of the hole. He recommended a bravo 1, 24 pitch LEFT HAND rotation, labbed by him. He said it would get me on plane fast, have a good cruise speed and would put me at 70-71 mph at 5150 rpm's. I sent him the bravo 1 and let him lab it. From what he told me about how this prop would perform, HE WAS DEAD ON THE MONEY. The boat jumps on plane, great cruise speeds and runs 72 mph on gps at 5150 rpm's with 3 people on the boat, a little more than 3/4 tank of fuel and light chop on the water.
I also have a 2004 fountain, 29' with a 500hp, 1.5 xr drive. This boat came with a bravo1 RIGHT HAND rotation prop. The boat listed to port side when getting on plane and while running. The boat ran 70 mph. I contacted BBlades again and he recommended a hydro 5 blade LEFT HAND ROTATION. I purchased 1 of these props and BINGO, the perfect setup again and the boat does not list to port anymore and it runs 75 mph. From what I have read, fountains with single engines like left hand rotation props. I would recommend that you look at the other posts on the prop talk forum and contact BBlades. He is very easy to talk to, but have all of your specs written down (engine, drive ratio, cruise speed/rpm, wot speed/rpm) because he will want to know exactly what you have. Sorry to have been long winded with my story but I hope this helps you.

Last edited by speedfever; 04-27-2010 at 11:19 AM.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:35 AM
Registered

wow no sh*^ that is impresive i think . i have nice latham controls is it hard to figure out how to switch from right to left . if i could get into the mid sixties i would be happy . also to be honest do you have any idea how much faster your hull is than mine , plus i do know that you have more hp than me . and finally i will call the guy at bblades and see what he has to say thanks a ton for your advice .
Old 04-27-2010, 11:38 AM
Registered

also dumb question the props your talking about on your 27 are 4 blade correct
Old 04-27-2010, 12:04 PM
Registered

Yes my 27 has a 4 blade prop. I do not know what hp difference there might be and I dont know what the difference the hulls might be. I know it might sound like I am a salesman for BBlades but I did do a lot of reading on the prop talk forum and saw BBlades name a lot and I had 2 good experiences dealing with him. He knows boats and what will run and what will not run. He has a lot of years of experience and use to work for mercury in there prop shop. He will know the answer to your questions (hp, hull, etc).

Last edited by speedfever; 04-27-2010 at 12:26 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:06 PM
Registered

What drive ratio do you have ? What is your top speed now ?

Last edited by speedfever; 04-27-2010 at 12:15 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:36 PM
Registered

When it come to switching your controls from right to left, my 29 has factory controls in it(what ever they are) and I took a pin out and changed it from one end to the other. If I were you, I would do a search on the Q&A forum or put up a post on that forum. Someone will respond to your post and tell you how to do it or put you on to someone who knows. OFFSHOREONLY is the greatest and unlimited source of information that you will find !!!!!
Old 04-29-2010, 08:24 AM
Registered

i have a 1:5 ratio drive and the top speed on gps was 61 mph at 5 k rpm i know its sad . fyi someone needs to donate a 35 lightning with staggered 700 's to me .