Reggie's Out, Are You? >

Reggie's Out, Are You?

Notices

Reggie's Out, Are You?

Old 01-23-2011, 10:38 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Team Shogren
Thank you. How's your boat coming along? Done?

Regards,

Scott Shogren

www.teamshogren.com
comming along good always trying to gain a few more MPH
Old 01-23-2011, 10:39 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
Please learn to not only read my comments, but try to comprehend them.

Fountains Cockpit is NOT state of the art, (cabin is average) have you ever looked at a outerlimits, nor tech, MTI? How many fountains have a I-PAD in the dash, DUH!

The only change and mondern looking fountain is the 42 poker run. The rest look very similiar to the older models. All the models have been behind the times in looks compared to the competion. In the 90's they still had a ugle square 80's black dash when Baja was updated with a modern looking white dash. Yes mercury is great, just one example how fountain does not try other options. (using mercury actually has more to do with the contract of fountain buying baja from brunswick requiring fountain to spend X amount of dollars on mercury products, still they should have explored more options like ilmor, surface drives, diesels, etc.)

Fountain does not compare to a Porsche or Ferrari. Obviously you have not been in either of their new products.

If fountain was so amazing the number one dealer would still carry them!

By the way shogren, good luck with your new adventures. Excited to see your business continue to grow.
I will sit on the side lines for the roast that this post will bring

Old 01-23-2011, 10:49 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by rcamp
Let's recap. A 2001 Baja owner criticizing late model fountains. IMHO that conjures up HATER. Not putting down Bajas. I have owned two of them. I like all boats from pontoon to Fountains. But when you own a boat one notch ahead of a bayliner when it comes to craftsmanship. Should you be putting down one of the premier boats? I think not. Hater, nuff said.
What does your older 2000 fountain outdated fever do better then my Baja in our recreational enviornment? Unless you are going to tell me you race professionally with it! Still it would come down to driver, crew, and luck. You must never leave the fountain section nor attend the Miami boat show. The fountain booth was embarrassing last year. Unless you were only looking at Center Counsels.

Here are some definitions for you

Premier boats: MTI, Outerlimits, Statement Marine, Nor tech, Mystic, Skater, Cig, etc.
Everyone will have a favorite depending on needs and price

Production boats: Fountain, Formula, Baja, Checkmate, Sunsation, Powerquest (no longer in business)
Again, everyonge will have a favorite depending on needs, price, experience, etc.

My 33 outlaw is one of the best Baja hulls made, fits ME perfect, is paid off (I am 27), fast, reliable, handles, etc. Has a huge extended cockpit with room for 10 (not 5 like a fountain).

Thanks for calling me a hater. I also am not putting down fountains just calling them junk (one step above bayliner!)
You also must have not read any of my positive comments throughout this thread.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:08 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Well, when it comes to hull designs Reggie was one of the best and still is. To say a Fountain is the same as a Baja is taking it a little far. The 42 Fountain is probably one of the best hulls you can buy. Continue on.........
Old 01-23-2011, 11:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
Well, when it comes to hull designs Reggie was one of the best and still is. To say a Fountain is the same as a Baja is taking it a little far. The 42 Fountain is probably one of the best hulls you can buy. Continue on.........
Please read EVERYTHING I have wrote throughout this thread. I have said the hull handled good and was fast. Never compared a Baja directly to a 42. Yes the 42 (especially the newer poker run) is neat.

Its a fact that Fountain is in the same catagory, production boat, as the others I stated. Which is the best in that catagory is personal opinion. Could fountain go head to head with other brands like outerlimits, yeah in some ways, for some people, but not for others.

Go ride in a 33 fountain, then come drive my outlaw and post your expierence. I bet you will be impressed.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:11 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To make onte thing clear once and for all.... FOUNTAIL POWERBOATS is probably the best construction of a Vhull you can buy. Baja people go home or try to outrun a similar length and weight Fountain in 70 mph in 7 ft saltwater seas. I have customers with Bajas that is shocked by the difference in rigidness, stability, dryness, sit-position, smoothness when I take them out for a run in my 29 Fever. To compare Fountain to "mid range" boats is just insane. No other V-bottom comes close to Fountains performance. Remember, top end numers is one thing, but HOW THE BOAT RUNS AT THIS SPEED is something else, and in fact a lot more important. The Furnibo Fountain P1 racing team had an Outerlimits before, and they said the boats were not even comparable in stability.

In Norway, all performanceboats are abused along the coast in huge wakes. A guy told me they had tried "all brands" and the only boat that did not delaminate was Fountain. And these guys are crazy behind the wheel. The only other boat that is truly high tech is MTI, because of Randys racing heritage. With Reggies support when he made the first MTI for Randy (Fountain 42 Scism cat). Nor-Tech is becoming faster but no way they are a better construction. They are very good at installing wiring etc. Outerlimits are making spin outs. Statement is a fantastic boat with all the details, but look at the design.. When you see a Fountain 42, it is just so much more elegant. And the user friendlyness is a lot better in a Fountain. Cigarette don't even have a recessed swim platform. They tried to run fast, but at 161 moh, they lost control of the boat and it was severe.. The problem with Fountain the last years is quality control, but the design and construction is the most modern of all Vees.

People who have not driven a modern stepped Fountain. Please dont tell me a Baja is better!!!!!!!!!!!! I even outran a 35 Baja outlaw with 2 x Merc 662 SCI with my 29 Fever (old hull design) with 2 x Merc 377 Scorpion in 75 mph against the 6 ft sea and strong wind. The Baja had more power to it, but they could just not go faster. Try that with a 29 ft Baja... hahahahah Don't make a foul out of yourseves. Fountain owners also are very happy with their boats, fuel consumption, image, design, user friendlyness, easy to trailer, dry and safe boats at high speed.

Last edited by Yamaha 225; 01-24-2011 at 07:19 AM.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:58 AM
Registered

Received 736 Likes on 331 Posts

Originally Posted by Yamaha 225
To make onte thing clear once and for all.... FOUNTAIL POWERBOATS is probably the best construction of a Vhull you can buy. Baja people go home or try to outrun a similar length and weight Fountain in 70 mph in 7 ft saltwater seas. I have customers with Bajas that is shocked by the difference in rigidness, stability, dryness, sit-position, smoothness when I take them out for a run in my 29 Fever. To compare Fountain to "mid range" boats is just insane. No other V-bottom comes close to Fountains performance. Remember, top end numers is one thing, but HOW THE BOAT RUNS AT THIS SPEED is something else, and in fact a lot more important. The Furnibo Fountain P1 racing team had an Outerlimits before, and they said the boats were not even comparable in stability.

In Norway, all performanceboats are abused along the coast in huge wakes. A guy told me they had tried "all brands" and the only boat that did not delaminate was Fountain. And these guys are crazy behind the wheel. The only other boat that is truly high tech is MTI, because of Randys racing heritage. With Reggies support when he made the first MTI for Randy (Fountain 42 Scism cat). Nor-Tech is becoming faster but no way they are a better construction. They are very good at installing wiring etc. Outerlimits are making spin outs. Statement is a fantastic boat with all the details, but look at the design.. When you see a Fountain 42, it is just so much more elegant. And the user friendlyness is a lot better in a Fountain. Cigarette don't even have a recessed swim platform. They tried to run fast, but at 161 moh, they lost control of the boat and it was severe.. The problem with Fountain the last years is quality control, but the design and construction is the most modern of all Vees.

People who have not driven a modern stepped Fountain. Please dont tell me a Baja is better!!!!!!!!!!!! I even outran a 35 Baja outlaw with 2 x Merc 662 SCI with my 29 Fever (old hull design) with 2 x Merc 377 Scorpion in 75 mph against the 6 ft sea and strong wind. The Baja had more power to it, but they could just not go faster. Try that with a 29 ft Baja... hahahahah Don't make a foul out of yourseves. Fountain owners also are very happy with their boats, fuel consumption, image, design, user friendlyness, easy to trailer, dry and safe boats at high speed.
"70 mph in 7 ft saltwater seas."
"75 mph against the 6 ft sea and strong wind"
In a 29' boat of any design I would doubt this claim.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:11 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Interceptor
"70 mph in 7 ft saltwater seas."
"75 mph against the 6 ft sea and strong wind"
In a 29' boat of any design I would doubt this claim.
Thank you Interceptor. Could not have said it better my self.

Everyone has personal expierence. Just like when you hear stories when someone has a sports car or truck they beat a mustang, corvette, etc. Was the other guy even racing!? Was it a V6 automatic? Come on fountain brainwashed people. EVERY boat has its place in the market place. Step out of your box and open up your eyes for a second! Fountain is not the only boat out, and not the best in EVERY catagory. Come tie up with me at any beautiful Lake Michigan sand bar, while I have 10 hot bikini girls on my boat and you only have room for 4 in that narrow, tiny, short fountain. Unless you are ONLY running a poker run circuit, or racing, in recreational use a Fountain is not always better then a baja or others. AGAIN, I Have also said many positives about fountain. I Have test drove a 35 on the ohio river with the salesman michael jordon. Yes it turned on a dime. Lots of other boats do also.

I am done. Either respect my comments and opinions or keep living in fatasy world that fountains are the best and only. Then you better hope Reggie starts re rigging them because watch the future, I bet fountain powerboats become smaller and smaller.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:40 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Baja v. Fountain? Not again?! LOL

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
Everyone has personal expierence.
This has been hashed out a million times, not sure why I'm even typing.

here goes anyway. . .

I came out of a 2001 33 Outlaw and into a 1993 42 last year. Never understood all the hype about Fountains. You can't beat the dance floor of a 33 Outlaw that's true. Most the cockpits on the Baja's are huge and have plenty of room. I don't race boats, but I'm pretty sold on Fountain's ride, build and handling now. Best quote I've head about boats is they all start out in a five gallon bucket and they hang parts off them.

Reggie's marketing idea's were not new, race on Sunday = sales on Monday. I just saw that slogan about the 1967 Old 442's this weekend.

I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night if that changes things?
Old 01-24-2011, 12:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im going to start off by saying I love the Baja line. I have had 4 of them 2 29 outlaws great boats a 30 outlaw what a pile of chit and know a 35 outlaw built by fountain. this 35 outlaw is hands down bar none the best one yet. the rigging and the materials they use are far superior to your 33 outlaw. So I guess what im trying to say is shut the hell up your making all the rest of use look like dumb asses.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.