Reggie's Out, Are You? >

Reggie's Out, Are You?

Notices

Reggie's Out, Are You?

Old 12-14-2010, 08:03 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts
Default Reggie's Out, Are You?

Just wondering how other Fountain owners are viewing the recent events at Fountain Powerboats.
By now most must be aware of the fact that Reggie has left the building.

So the questions here would be ...............

Do you still like your Fountain?

Does Reggie's leaving change how you view your Fountain?

Do you feel you will keep your Fountain?

Do you feel that your Fountain has deminished in value because of Reggie's leaving the company? Possibly increased in value because it is a "real" Fountain? (Just for you Roger! )

Now the biggie ....... Would you buy another Fountain? Assuming all else remains the same in terms of quality, performance etc, but in Reggie's absence?

Would you buy the new Reggie Boat, if it does come to be, in lieu of the current Fountain?

I have had this conversation with a few friends that are also Fountain owners and was just wonder what others are thinking now.

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 12-14-2010 at 08:22 PM.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

I'll start.

I like my Fountain, and though I feel it is unfortunate that Reggie has left, it does not change in any fashion the boat I own now. It's a Fountain! Nuff said.

I'll keep it till my needs/wants change in some manner that I feel I need to move on to the next boat.

I would buy another Fountain from the new owners as long as I see the same qualities that led me to purchase the last two.

The value is something that remains to be seen, could go either way. But I do hope Roger is on to something here.

I would for sure consider a new Reggie Boat, assuming I could afford it.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:04 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I am proud to have owned 3 Reggie built boats....only time will tell on my next purchase. I never buy brand new so it could be awile for me to know for sure what my next purchase could be.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:50 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The way I look at it any Fountain built before last week is like an Apache.Intill Reggie starts building again.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:06 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have owned 3 Fountains And like said above will keep the one I have till my needs change. If I buy another it would only be one built while Reggie was running Fountain!. Building a Fountain without Reggie is like duplicating Water without the H in 2 0 !
Old 12-15-2010, 08:05 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Sucks to seem him go. However, Cigarettes were great even after Don Aronow, and hustler still a good boat after Fiore left.

But, I think my Reggie built boat just went up 10% in value!
Old 12-15-2010, 08:14 AM
GRH
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Its not like Reggie was building the boats.... as long as the new owners follow the same construction process Reggie leaving changes nothing.... however moving forward.... will the new owners be as proactive as Reggie was to change? I doubt it... What made Fountain was Reggie was proactive not reactive to the market.... he has vision where many other builders wear bifocals! Can;t wait to see what he's up to next....
Old 12-15-2010, 08:22 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

The price has to be kept down. Fountain's are no longer viewed as a premium brand. I liked the idea of Reggie starting a company to fix up and repower existing Fountain's. Might make more sense in today's economy.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:40 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
The price has to be kept down. Fountain's are no longer viewed as a premium brand.
Agreed, at least refering to the current "Fountains". If he goes and starts something new, that may not be the case.

I liked the idea of Reggie starting a company to fix up and repower existing Fountain's. Might make more sense in today's economy.
Not a bad idea in today's environment, but I kind of view that as below Reggie and certainly under utilizing his talent.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:09 AM
Registered

Received 1,324 Likes on 739 Posts

I don't see it as changing my current one. I like the idea that my value just jumped 10%

I never buy new so it would be a long time before I would even be in the market for a NON Reggie Fountain or a new "Reggie" boat.

That lets me to be able to wait and see what happens.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.