Notices

Reggie's Out, Are You?

Old 01-30-2011, 11:52 AM
Registered

Received 1,340 Likes on 748 Posts

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
"a 43-foot sport boat, a greatly enhanced and up-tuned version."

"I haven’t upgraded the styling of either of those boats since 2004."

"We are going to be a custom boat company. That’s how I started, so I’m going back to my roots."

I am glad Reggie himself admits how outdated his old boats were, how they need to be more up scale like the competition, and how the current fountain is NOT a custom boat company but a production boat company!

So is everyone on here want to go bash Reggie like you did me? Or admit I was right! Well at least I got some entertainment watching everyone get all worked up! LOL!
Sure I have nothing to do so I will take the bait, not sure why you have such a Hard*n for fountains but what the heck.

Of the other production boat manufactures out there, (I don't recall anyone arguing with your point that they are "production") what changes have they done. This seems to be one of the things you have a huge problem with, and they can’t haul around a ton of people like a pontoon can.

Easy just having fun with you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I really would like to know changes the other manufactures have done.

Lets look at say the 42 lightning. The current style came out around 1999/2000, right?

2004 windshield (Very minor).
Cabin Door - Changed to slider in 2005
Bottom Changed - 2005
Cockpit Changed - 2007
Dash Changed - 2007
Cabin Changed – 2008

Baja:

You seem to be the Baja guy, (and I have friends with them, they are a ton around our parts), can you list say the changes on a 35 or 42 outlaw? I have no idea.

DONZI:

A 38 ZX I don’t think has had a change since they put steps bottoms on them long ago.

When did the 35/ 38ZR’s come out and what changes have they had? I know they have had some but can’t remember what they are. Anyone?

Checkmate:

I think they have came out with a lot in just the last couple years but don’t know. Anyone know what they have done with the Convincor 300?

Formula:

When is the last time they changed their FASTech’s? Quality is great but we are talking changes, I think they have been the same for at least a decade.

Sunsation:

Not really sure I would call them a “production” company, just for fun what changes? They have came out with 2 new boats, I would think if you include them in the production class that is the most anyone has done.

Cig:

I know, not production but I have been wondering, what changes has the 38 top gun went through in the last 10 years, bottom, interior, and cabin.

They are over the top, I don’t see someone choosing a fountain or Cig, they are in two different classes. Kind of like when people compare the fountain to a outerlimits,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, yea and I went shopping for a lambo but bought a vette instead. Doubt that happens.

Last thing, what would you fountain guys see changed? I like the left handed throttles, but would like to see them get away from Bravo's behind the boats.

Oh yea, better wiring,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Last edited by Wildman_grafix; 01-30-2011 at 11:54 AM. Reason: wanted to make sure you seen the fun part
Old 01-30-2011, 02:09 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm still trying to figure out how a fountains interior is outdated compared to baja's especially the newer fountains???
Old 01-30-2011, 07:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Interceptor
"70 mph in 7 ft saltwater seas."
"75 mph against the 6 ft sea and strong wind"
In a 29' boat of any design I would doubt this claim.
This was a race that went wilder and wilder... I am not joking with you. Fountains can be raced right out of the box. I have drivien my 29 Fever in 7 RACES and there is just a big joy every time. The only thing that went wrong, was one time the after market heat exchangers wfalling off the engine... And the connector for the fuel pump that came loose from its position and was torn apart in heavy waters. The performance is insane if you know how to drive a boat. The bow is unique in these conditions. It is a boat that you just can't get enough of... Now it has 750 houres and runs just as strong as when it was new. To say it is "abused" is somewhat correct, but it just stays toghether and shines like a little diamond. That is quality! It is used primarily as a weekend boat but also a raceboat

Here are some pics..: http://www.playmarine.no/albumview.asp?albumID=223
Old 01-30-2011, 07:29 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

No offense, but you cant run a 29ft Fountain at 75mph in 6-7ft seas. Maybe 2-3's but not REAL 7ft seas. No 29ft boat could. Not even Reggie would say that feasible. Happy to hear Reggie is moving forward with his new venture.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:08 PM
Registered

Received 736 Likes on 331 Posts

Originally Posted by Yamaha 225
This was a race that went wilder and wilder... I am not joking with you. Fountains can be raced right out of the box. I have drivien my 29 Fever in 7 RACES and there is just a big joy every time. The only thing that went wrong, was one time the after market heat exchangers wfalling off the engine... And the connector for the fuel pump that came loose from its position and was torn apart in heavy waters. The performance is insane if you know how to drive a boat. The bow is unique in these conditions. It is a boat that you just can't get enough of... Now it has 750 houres and runs just as strong as when it was new. To say it is "abused" is somewhat correct, but it just stays toghether and shines like a little diamond. That is quality! It is used primarily as a weekend boat but also a raceboat

Glad you enjoy your boat but I cannot believe your speed and wave height claim.
ed
Old 01-30-2011, 09:28 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I really like how the blue appears to be a refelection off the water. Nice!
Old 01-30-2011, 09:30 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

"We are going to be a custom boat company. That’s how I started, so I’m going back to my roots."

I am glad Reggie himself admits how outdated his old boats were, how they need to be more up scale like the competition, and how the current fountain is NOT a custom boat company but a production boat company!

So is everyone on here want to go bash Reggie like you did me? Or admit I was right! Well at least I got some entertainment watching everyone get all worked up! LOL!
LOL, I am so ashamed that I own a production junk Fountain. I wish I has a quality boat like your Baja. My buddy's 42' Fountain with twin 1075's is just a average production boat. Nothing custom.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:33 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Yamaha 225

Very nice pictures and a well cared for Fountain. Clean, nice boat. Congratulations!!

Just one question: What months can you run your boats around in short sleeved T shirts in Norway? The North Sea is ice cold year round isn't it?

Andy

Last edited by On Time; 01-30-2011 at 10:37 PM.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whens the last time the 33 Baja was updated? NEVER? Do they even make that model anymore? When has Baja updated their NON STEPPED (straight from 1970's) hull design or dashboards? I dont think they ever have... the 25 outlaw is the ancient 24 + one foot. What else? 35 is the 33 plus two feet? The 33 Lightning will walk all over a 33 outlaw with equal 496 power, now thats funny Everyone coming in here bashing must be p**** they have a old non-stepped bathtub that probably can't crack 68MPH
Old 01-31-2011, 11:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You come on here bashing Fountains. Then get your little feelings hurt. Go into a biker bar and start bashing Harleys and see what happens. In my orginal post I conceded your baja was a grade above a bayliner. GEEZ! Most of us Fountain owners love our boats. Sometimes its a love/hate thing as with most High performance toys. But love them none the less.

Just wondering? Do any Fountain guys go on the baja forum and bash them? Seems like shootin' fish in a barrel, but just wondering.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.