bank repo 29 fever >

bank repo 29 fever

Notices

bank repo 29 fever

Old 06-21-2011, 09:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bank repo 29 fever

first I want to thank anyone in advance for their input. the boat as stated is a 1995 29 fever. It is a bank repo. Ill try and explain the condition as well as possible. the interior is all taken apart, vinyl is ripped in many places. guages are missing lenses, basically junk. hull is in good condition. It has twin fi 502's cant hear run batteries are done. out drives appear to be beat up. I think you get the picture. Boat is far from being turn key. Trailer is a steel triple axle that has 5 "may pops" and one missing all together. I am new to this type of boat but have always wanted one.

with all that said. What would be a good deal on this boat? the bank is asking 17,500. I think thats about 8500 to much, but what do i know.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:16 PM
Registered

Figure your going to spend 5k on dash, another 2k on engines and drives If there is no major issues, another 3-4k on detail and interior work. If boat was all there, clean and updated it's worth 25k
I would say it's worth 10k

Originally Posted by thehitchmaster
first I want to thank anyone in advance for their input. the boat as stated is a 1995 29 fever. It is a bank repo. Ill try and explain the condition as well as possible. the interior is all taken apart, vinyl is ripped in many places. guages are missing lenses, basically junk. hull is in good condition. It has twin fi 502's cant hear run batteries are done. out drives appear to be beat up. I think you get the picture. Boat is far from being turn key. Trailer is a steel triple axle that has 5 "may pops" and one missing all together. I am new to this type of boat but have always wanted one.

with all that said. What would be a good deal on this boat? the bank is asking 17,500. I think thats about 8500 to much, but what do i know.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:35 PM
Registered

thanks vette!!! thats about what I was thinking. just wanted to hear from some people that knows. I know that fountain is a quality boat. Is a 29 a good boat?
Old 06-22-2011, 07:10 AM
Registered

Received 57 Likes on 27 Posts

It depends in where u are going to use it. They are known to be tail heavy with twin big blocks.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:27 AM
Registered

Received 1,332 Likes on 743 Posts

I don't know but there are a lot of nice running 29's for sale.

Motors and drives could be junk, and it would take a lot more then 2 k to get them back running.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:57 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

+1 what wildman said, the motors and drives have the potential to be by far the biggest expense. I would start by finding out what it will take to get the boat mechanically right. All of the cosmetic work is pretty easy to estimate costs
Old 06-22-2011, 08:00 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

BTW I love my 29, it has two 454's and I love the setup, runs mid 70's light fuel and people and it is the perfect size for me as I boat on a couple fairly large lakes in OK. It is good size to tow and still take rough water ok. Mine is all stock and I have had it for 4 yrs now with no major problems
Old 06-22-2011, 08:33 AM
Registered

this is all good info. I should be able to do all of the work myself. The boat is at a local shop in my town. I called and made a offer of $8500. the guy acted like he wasnt even gonna call the bank. I am thinking that the bank hasnt even seen this thing. they just put a price tag on it. I would offer a lil more but I wanna see what they say.

If they accept the offer I plan to see if the motors will fire up before I buy.
Old 06-22-2011, 08:42 AM
Banned

I think the figuring of only 2k in drives and engines is low and 5k into a WORKING dash is probably high. Either way I would pay no more than 10. Boat is probably worth 25-35 depending
Old 06-22-2011, 08:47 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by thehitchmaster
this is all good info. I should be able to do all of the work myself. The boat is at a local shop in my town. I called and made a offer of $8500. the guy acted like he wasnt even gonna call the bank. I am thinking that the bank hasnt even seen this thing. they just put a price tag on it. I would offer a lil more but I wanna see what they say.

If they accept the offer I plan to see if the motors will fire up before I buy.
chances are the bank has 17 into it. Ive tried to put offers on repos before and banks are very slow to move lower as they just want their money back. But it might be worth your while to find a couple batteries and at least see if the engines run, if they run, and all the fluids seem good you can take that into the factor. From what I have seen if those engines need to be rebuilt or replaced they could run you 10-20k, new drives would run 3k a peice maybe less or more depending on new or used. But you could easily have 20k into engine and drives. My engines were rebuilt 6hrs ago and owner gave me the receipt for 14 grand for two engines.