Bimini top >

Bimini top

Notices

Bimini top

Old 01-21-2012, 07:22 AM
JB Marshall
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not that it counts for much, but in my opinion it's one of the best additions we have on our 382. It provides great functionality benefits, gives us shade on those super hot days and the full bimini protects us during inclement weather when we are traveling and doing over nights. It was worth every penny & I would not go without one for the type of boating we do.
Attached Thumbnails Bimini top-p8080016.jpg   Bimini top-p7300008-large-.jpg  
Old 01-21-2012, 11:21 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn
How fast can you run with it up?
That just it. I don't ever run with it up. It goes up only when rafting or anchoring. I like WOT too much, too run with it up. After all, it does not take a whole lot of time to put up or down. My theory is if I'm moving with wind in the face, I'm staying cool enough.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:23 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

only mods to boat. 2 perches mounted on top the gunnel edge on the outside of the windshield. Then 4 Beautfil blue tie downs ( Lowes). No sturdy poles front or rear. Moving it up 1 foot. So It is 4.5 feet fron the sun deck. ( center point of top ) Probly be able to run 50 -60 w it up

When I want to go fast. Just un hook 4 tie downs, ( they will be sewed around poles or snapped) wrap them in the top. Simply install white bimini tube cover and trow whole unit back to the rear sun deck. Completley out of the way .

Top is all stainless tube designed for High speed by Eliminator.

Mine was brand new just stting there on his floor.( only used once before) $ 360.00 included the 2 perches.

This guy is right down the street and does work for Eliminator. His highest price is $ 750.00/ the base cost is 650.00..
http://bienzmarinecanvas.com/

Last edited by mcprodesign; 01-21-2012 at 11:27 AM.
Old 01-21-2012, 12:50 PM
Platinum Member

Hi Chad,
That is a really cool looking boat. I agree, the Bimini top is a must have item for boating in So Cal and AZ. I had one like that on my old Fountain and have one on the Hallett too. the look ok and really make everything much more comfortable in the summer heat. You should be able to run 50-60 comfortably with it up.
Enjoy your new ride.
Dave
Old 01-22-2012, 09:22 AM
Registered

Default bimini

looks good, but i would move it forward a little
Old 01-22-2012, 10:11 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I get a littel heat from friends however if it is very hot I just put it on and fold it back and go, if I need its up in a snap. I have spent a lot of time under a bridge in the rain before mine.
Rich
Old 06-19-2012, 03:36 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Re-post with Pics

Maybe a little late:
I remembered to take pics of the top, however it is in the stow position. It will slide forward and backward up to three feet. I have a 6 ft top, but do not use the rigid poles on the back, I use the straps front and rear. This allows me to lay it flat during the high speed runs with no drag. Also I installed a track where it allows me to slide the top forward or backward, also when it is down I can slide it back over sunpad and then forward, in order to raise the pad to check oil. I also use quick release pins to remove altogether. I did buy rigid poles for the back support, just finalizing the way I want to mount so that it will flat, also with quick release pins. I meant to take pics last summer, but just too much of a hurry to hit the water, then forgot about the pics.
Old 06-24-2012, 02:36 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

not a great pic but here's ours with the top up.... if I was to do it again I would go aluminum. With the stainless the thing is HEAVY and I NEVER run with it up so it doesnt need to be able to withstand a run at speed.
Attached Thumbnails Bimini top-town-docks22.jpg  
Old 06-24-2012, 05:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pullmytrigger
not a great pic but here's ours with the top up.... if I was to do it again I would go aluminum. With the stainless the thing is HEAVY and I NEVER run with it up so it doesnt need to be able to withstand a run at speed.
looks good! I had an aluminum one before. And just bareley on plane it got dificult when the high winds hit.. fyi
Old 06-24-2012, 06:12 PM
Registered

getgray or white i have a blue one ) it is verry hot to the tuch

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.