Cabin Seats >

Cabin Seats

Notices

Cabin Seats

Old 05-06-2013, 05:44 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Cabin Seats

(1993 35 Lightning) Trying to take out the cabin seats, the middle piece just lifts out but the two side pieces are according to fountain are screwed in with four screws along the seam running the length of the cushion.I cannot locate the screws, has anyone on here ever removed these seats and if so whats the secret. Fountain also said if you can't locate the screws just put a flat bar the under the seat and more or less pry the seat screws and whatever else comes with it out. Any suggestions appreciated.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:49 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jackieboy
(1993 35 Lightning) Trying to take out the cabin seats, the middle piece just lifts out but the two side pieces are according to fountain are screwed in with four screws along the seam running the length of the cushion.I cannot locate the screws, has anyone on here ever removed these seats and if so whats the secret. Fountain also said if you can't locate the screws just put a flat bar the under the seat and more or less pry the seat screws and whatever else comes with it out. Any suggestions appreciated.
Mine are not in the seam, but close. Instead close to the base in the seam there are small holes in the leather, right through the coushion that lead to the screws. Only took me an hour to find all mine.

I would not suggest prying, my screws are about 2 inches long
Old 05-07-2013, 07:30 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bus
Mine are not in the seam, but close. Instead close to the base in the seam there are small holes in the leather, right through the coushion that lead to the screws. Only took me an hour to find all mine.

I would not suggest prying, my screws are about 2 inches long
Thanks for the input, i looked for those screw holes in the fabric but could not find them. Found one hole one each side but did not lead to a screw that i could see. My self and two friends looked and could not find anything. I think that i will just cut the fabric all the way across the seam and see what happens.