Notices

1988 8.8m

Old 06-30-2016, 01:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1988 8.8m

Just curious if anybody has had an experience with an 8.8M, I found one that the guy is interested in trading for one of my project cars. He value's at $19k, just wondering if it's worth the drive to look at it, or if anyone it the Baltimore area has seen it. The boat has been on craigslist for over a year.

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/...639879721.html
Old 06-30-2016, 01:58 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't help with what it is worth but if I spent any money on it at all I would do so assuming that the drives and motors are junk. So I would price it according to that and not a running boat.
Old 06-30-2016, 06:34 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

I'd say the value may be mid-teens in running solid sea trial condition. If you can't sea trial it and verify all is well cut that value in half
Old 06-30-2016, 08:55 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think I may have spoke with the guy last year, could be wrong though. Anyway, the guy I spoke with refused to fire the motors and bring it on a sea trial because if he went to all that trouble of getting the motors running and put it in the water then he would want 24k instead of 19k. He really wanted to trade for something but I only had cash. He told me a guy owed him money and gave him the boat instead and he didn't know much about it. Also told me he poured oil down each cylinder to winterized it. Long story short, I ran! Might not be the same boat, but pretty sure it is and at the time it had the drives on it.
Old 07-01-2016, 07:24 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the info guys