Reggie back at fountain!!! >

Reggie back at fountain!!!

Notices

Reggie back at fountain!!!

Old 06-07-2017, 06:49 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 249 Likes on 136 Posts

Great to see you back on the site US1 Fountain!!
Old 06-07-2017, 05:36 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

I am a die hard Fountain fan but all these lines can benefit from Reggie Sr. being back there. Donzi builds some fine boats that might just benefit from a tweak. Baja has bee a super seller for dealers for decades, little help in the perf deprtment, dealers have got to love that chit.

I have had the opportunity to have a conversation with Reggie at a Poker Run years ago, walked away impressed by a man that knew where of he spoke. A man that valued you and your interest in his product. He spent close to an hour with my, then, 13 year old son explaining just what made Ohio Steel run like a MoFo. This was after we stood on a dock a 4 am watching Brian Forehand launch and fire it up. Gananoque Ontario, many years ago.
Old 06-07-2017, 07:25 PM
Registered

Received 1,332 Likes on 743 Posts

^^^^^^^^^!Like
Old 06-07-2017, 07:30 PM
Registered

Received 136 Likes on 64 Posts

LIKE for sure!
Old 06-07-2017, 07:58 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,134 Likes on 479 Posts

I don't believe there's a great deal of scope to improve the performance and handling of these boats through more design work. While someone will always find some little thing to tweak, I believe the basic boat is close to the limit. The majority of the boats Reggie and others designed and sold over the last 30-40 years have been used as social high performance boats. Pure raceboats made up a small portion of sales.

I think the biggest positive in Reggie's return is just showing that he's there and interested. Knowing his passion for powerboats and knowing he believes in the way the boats are built gives confidence to the buyer.

Retain the tradition with the Executioner, my personal favorite, and offer some new updates across the range too but mostly cosmetic, trim, graphics etc. Biggest change I'd like to see is something with outboards, might even help to keep pricing under control. They're still one of the best performance boats around and people love to buy anything from 'the man behind the name'.
my 2 cents

RR
Old 06-07-2017, 09:53 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by rak rua
I don't believe there's a great deal of scope to improve the performance and handling of these boats through more design work. While someone will always find some little thing to tweak, I believe the basic boat is close to the limit.

RR

True, for the bottom, but think about a freshen up of deck and if they used some more advanced materials. There is 42 poker run that was redone that gives and idea what you can do with changes to a fountain. Its got a little of MTI and some other creative changes.
Old 06-08-2017, 10:26 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

From what R3 said they are building a kilo boat and working on 42 and 48 center consoles.
Old 06-08-2017, 09:18 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

That ^^^^ sounds like a 'one-of' kilo boat to feed the racing passion of the family name and then down to business of making boats that will sell. (CC's) Does not sound like a push for the performance boats. Bit sad but CC's are clearly a better business model.

RR
Old 06-09-2017, 06:00 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Rak, You cant build what people aren't buying. How long has the new 38 been up for sale? Its unfortunate but the stampede of performance boat sales of yesteryear are never coming back.
Old 06-09-2017, 06:38 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Absolutely true ^^^^ I hope the new direction turns out to be a huge success.
(Still hard to say goodbye to the past)

RR

Last edited by rak rua; 06-09-2017 at 09:24 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.