Bad Day at the Boat Ramp >

Bad Day at the Boat Ramp

Notices

Bad Day at the Boat Ramp

Old 01-07-2008, 07:20 AM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158
Can;t let a lil ding like that get ya down on your way to a good day of boating , that chits suppose to happen after a day on the water ,and at the beach
Yeah that was the way I thought about it too. We did have a great day of boating so I guess things could have been alot worse.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:23 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Luckily enough besides the ding only your pride was hurt.

My port engine kept stalling while trying to raft off Bob. He came over to help and his Blackberry popped off his belt and zinged into the drink. I feel guilty !
Old 01-07-2008, 07:25 AM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
OUCH,

Not a good way to start the Day Don!!!

Remind me not to launch next to you when I come over.

Rick
The best part about this that I couldn't be mad becasue Amanda was laughing so hard at me she almost fell off the dock.

Aarron (Thunderstruck on OSO) pulled up 5 mintues after it happened and look at and says "I hope this won't ruin our day on the water" and I was still laughing at this point and said" No , I'll be all right, This is what Ebay is for!" he just laughed at me......
Old 01-07-2008, 07:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Maritime_Eng
So here is a quick quiz for ya...... What do you get when you forget that your tail gate is down on your truck and you try to back your boat in at a tight ramp??????

My trailer jack ran into the open tail gate of my truck. Great way to start the day! See pictures below.....

Needless to say does anyone know where I can get a new tail gate for my Titan and a decent price?
I think everytime I back my father in laws trailer in that that could happen to me, his trailer is short and I usually let the tail gate down on purpose so I can see the trailer better when backing. Atleast if it did happen it would be his truck not mine..
Old 01-07-2008, 08:19 AM
Registered

Don,

Tough luck about the truck. Sh*t happens. I saw you guys pulling up to Matanzas' dock yesterday. We were getting fuel at Moss Marine.

We had something happen to my boat as well. As we're idleing under the bridge at Channelmark on the way to lunch, my Smartcraft alarm goes off and the exhaust started sounding muffled. No overheating, good oil pressure, good water pressure, everything normal (except the sound). After lunch, we idled back over to Bowditch Point and I found one of the internal flappers wasn't closed. I reached my fingers in and felt something loose just sitting there, so I got up in the boat and took off the exhaust hose and took out some burned hard plastic thing. I assume it's part of the flapper assembly, so hopefully it's a cheap fix.

Imagine that, a cheap fix when it comes to the boat!!

All in all, still rather be on the water than sitting at home.

Tom
Old 01-07-2008, 08:25 AM
Registered

Bob,

Sorry to hear about your Blackberry. I'm like Rick. I'm so dependant on my cell phone, if I loose it I'm screwed!

It warms my heart though to hear of all the members of OSO contributing to building artificial reefs around North America. I guess just doing our part as conservationists.

Enjoy your trip up north. See ya soon.

Tom
Old 01-07-2008, 08:57 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Maritime_Eng
Hi Bob-

You are heading back north? When are you planning on being back in FL? Have a great trip.

Don

Don. I go north on Wed afternoon. I will only stay up there for a week or 10 days and will be back. I need to get my dates figured out and get back to FMO business like when our next run will be and also do some longer range planning as people are asking. I will get on that !
Bob
Old 01-07-2008, 09:00 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by 1bagger
Hi Bob , I love how you always find good in what can be a bad thing . I have personally started an artificial reef ( fish habitat ) at the bottom of lake Ontario . A couple Blackberries and some sunglasses to start . I have asked everyone that visits for a boat ride to contribute .
Paul

Hey Paul. Any plans to get down to FL ? I may need your contact info if I cannot recover it. Will let you know. First phone I have ever lost. Unbelievable.
How much snow awaits me ?
Bob
Old 01-07-2008, 10:10 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by wantingmore
Bob,

Sorry to hear about your Blackberry. I'm like Rick. I'm so dependant on my cell phone, if I loose it I'm screwed!

It warms my heart though to hear of all the members of OSO contributing to building artificial reefs around North America. I guess just doing our part as conservationists.

Enjoy your trip up north. See ya soon.

Tom
yeah,

but like I said, my reef is outside the bar
Old 01-07-2008, 02:34 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I must say Don didn't let the tailgate affect him one bit it was an awsome day on the water, to bad the Titan doesn't float if it did we would call that a minor repair. I was trying not to laugh but Amanda making him pose by the damage for pictures was to much to take.

Quick Reply: Bad Day at the Boat Ramp

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.