Bad Day at the Boat Ramp >

Bad Day at the Boat Ramp

Notices

Bad Day at the Boat Ramp

Old 01-06-2008, 09:15 PM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Bad Day at the Boat Ramp

So here is a quick quiz for ya...... What do you get when you forget that your tail gate is down on your truck and you try to back your boat in at a tight ramp??????

My trailer jack ran into the open tail gate of my truck. Great way to start the day! See pictures below.....

Needless to say does anyone know where I can get a new tail gate for my Titan and a decent price?
Attached Thumbnails Bad Day at the Boat Ramp-cimg0059-small-.jpg   Bad Day at the Boat Ramp-cimg0065-small-.jpg   Bad Day at the Boat Ramp-cimg0070-small-.jpg  

Last edited by Maritime_Eng; 01-06-2008 at 09:17 PM.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:21 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like it just needs a little buffing out.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:22 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Did the same thing this summer but luckily it barely scraped the black top cap before I realized it......still left some minor damage but it's on a brand new truck!!!!!
Old 01-06-2008, 09:35 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In the third pic you look quite proud of your achievement .
Old 01-06-2008, 09:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 1bagger
LOL! I was still in shock that I was dumb enough to forget to put my tailgate up!
Old 01-06-2008, 10:07 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Ouch !

Ouch, Don. Did you damage the jack as well ? I had an accident of sorts as well, today. At E City at lunch I lost my Blackberry in the water when tying one of the boats up. The worst is I had a problem with my program to back up my info and neglected to get it fixed. I have lost hundreds of contacts and a lots of data. The upside is I get a new one with camera and GPS when north later in the week.
Fortunately the FMO contacts were all kept in a Gmail address I have and are intact.
Bob
Old 01-07-2008, 04:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
Ouch, Don. Did you damage the jack as well ? I had an accident of sorts as well, today. At E City at lunch I lost my Blackberry in the water when tying one of the boats up. The worst is I had a problem with my program to back up my info and neglected to get it fixed. I have lost hundreds of contacts and a lots of data. The upside is I get a new one with camera and GPS when north later in the week.
Fortunately the FMO contacts were all kept in a Gmail address I have and are intact.
Bob
Hi Bob-

The Jack it self is perfect, nothing more than a scratch on it.....

That is too bad about your Blackberry. Amanda did the same thing with her phone this summer at keywadin.

You are heading back north? When are you planning on being back in FL? Have a great trip.

Don

Last edited by Maritime_Eng; 01-07-2008 at 04:50 AM.
Old 01-07-2008, 05:13 AM
Registered

Hi Bob , I love how you always find good in what can be a bad thing . I have personally started an artificial reef ( fish habitat ) at the bottom of lake Ontario . A couple Blackberries and some sunglasses to start . I have asked everyone that visits for a boat ride to contribute .
Paul
Old 01-07-2008, 06:45 AM
Registered

OUCH,

Not a good way to start the Day Don!!!

I once took the front bumper off of a F-350 that was parked next to me at the ramp with the fender of my brand new trailer, worst part was, the guy was nowhere to be found, he was out fishing, had to leave a note, and have him call me later, boy was he pizzed. I also have an artificial reef of cell phones, most of them were lost tyeing up at Bananna Boat in Boynton. Had one slide out of my pocket while tying up Jays Apache, then when we were unloading, he opens the butterly hatches, and I WATCH it slide into the water. I am so cell phone dependent, I dont even know my home or wifes cell #'s, had to have Jay's wife call mine to tell her I would be home late. Remind me not to launch next to you when I come over.

Rick
Old 01-07-2008, 07:15 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1bagger
Can;t let a lil ding like that get ya down on your way to a good day of boating , that chits suppose to happen after a day on the water ,and at the beach

Quick Reply: Bad Day at the Boat Ramp

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.