Notices

Info Thread / Roll Call for Sat. March 7 / 09 Fun Run to Port Sanibel Marina

Old 02-23-2009, 08:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bob,
Count me in for the run on March 7'th.

Just to let everybody know when entering the channel to go to the Lighthouse, everyone must stay in between the markers.
And when there isn't two markers, stay between the marker on the right and the docks on the left, all the way to the restaurant.
It is VERY shallow outside the markers, even when the tide is high.
See everyone on the 7'th.
Rick & Monica
Old 02-24-2009, 10:13 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Updated boat list, see below

Last edited by AppSysCons; 02-27-2009 at 07:18 AM.
Old 02-24-2009, 02:10 PM
freezeframevideo.net
Commercial Member

Received 819 Likes on 605 Posts

Freeze Frame Will Fly booked Heloicopter Today. Freeze Frame
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Old 02-24-2009, 09:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey bob and FMO,

I'm really thinking about doing this run with you guys. i only have a 29 fever but I'm sure that wont be a problem. If i dont end up taking the boat id love to ride with someone if possible and shoot some photos of everyone.
i have a really great camera setup that I've been wanting to use on the water. So if i don't run ill love to shoot.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:56 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

A 29 Fever will fit right in. Read post#1 for membership info. Let us know, and we will add you to the 'boats confirmed so far’ list.

Jay is our very own professional club photographer, and he does an amazing job. We also have Jeff from Freeze Frame in the helicopter on may runs and sometimes Pete B. on the beach shooting, (both professionals). More cameras, means more angles and more pictures. If you do not bring your boat, shoot away. I do not go anywhere without my camera, and when we are not running, I am shooting.

I am curious what you are shooting with, and what are you using for glass.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im shooting with a canon 1d mark II with canon 70-200mm 2.8 lens. If i need more reach ill put my canon 2x extender on it so i have 400mm but less aperture. also i can use my canon ef 50mm with 1.8 or canon ef 28mm 2.8 or canon ef 35-80mm 4-5.6 III.
ill most likely stick with the 200mm for sure though. also need to get something like a monopod for more stability.
i havent shot alot of fast moving objects thats why i would love to shoot these boats with it. Then again i just found out i may have to drive to daytona next weekend for the closing of bike week. so now i have to see whats going on for sure.

what are you shooting with?
Old 02-26-2009, 08:36 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

That’s a nice camera body, and the fixed f/2.8 aperture glass is the way to go. They can be a bit pricey and heavy, but ‘fast’ is good. The 2x tele-converter adds 2 f-stops, so that’s f/5.6 at 400mm.

I am the amateur/enthusiast of the bunch, I have an older 8mb Nikon, I am not in the same league as the three others.

Jay is shooting with a Nikon D300 and either AF-S VR Zoom- NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED or AF VR Zoom- NIKKOR 80-400 f4.5-5.6 , depending on where he is shooting from.

The last time I saw, Pete, at the F1 races, he was shooting with a Canon 1D and 40D, and Sigma f/2.8 120-300, and Sigma 170-500 zoom.

Don’t know what Jeff is shooting with.

Welcome to FMO, happy shooting, and consider bringing your boat.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:49 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

NOTE: After some discussions with Bob, we are making a minor change to the route, to better accommodate our group, and eliminate a narrow passage on the previous route.

New chart has been posted in link #3.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:33 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Jay Forbes, Cape Coral will be joining us in his 43 Nor Tech Vee. Jay's boat has been down for quite a while for some major rebuilds and says she is up and running strong again. It will be great to have Jay back.
Bob

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 02-26-2009 at 03:39 PM.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:38 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by TheFever29
Hey bob and FMO,

I'm really thinking about doing this run with you guys. i only have a 29 fever but I'm sure that wont be a problem. If i dont end up taking the boat id love to ride with someone if possible and shoot some photos of everyone.
i have a really great camera setup that I've been wanting to use on the water. So if i don't run ill love to shoot.
Fever, I hope you can join us. Wait and see what the water conditions are like as we get closer. I have a more than full boat again so won't be able the help with a ride this time. I will be on the Island on the evening of the 5th so feel free to call me on the 6th and we can chat and possibly meet.
All the best and look forward to meeting you.
Bob

Quick Reply: Info Thread / Roll Call for Sat. March 7 / 09 Fun Run to Port Sanibel Marina

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.