Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boat Club Forums > Ft Myers Offshore
Info Thread / Roll Call for Sat. 4 / 09 Fun Run to Hamilton Harbor & Keewaydin Island >

Info Thread / Roll Call for Sat. 4 / 09 Fun Run to Hamilton Harbor & Keewaydin Island

Notices

Info Thread / Roll Call for Sat. 4 / 09 Fun Run to Hamilton Harbor & Keewaydin Island

Old 04-03-2009, 08:04 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Latest weather

While its blowing out on the Gulf today, it looks like it will settle down nicely for our run tomorrow. Saturday the winds will let up, and shift around to NE which will be onshore. I will continue to watch it.

NOAA:

Today...Southwest winds 20 to 25 knots becoming around 15 knots in the afternoon. Seas 2 to 4 feet. Well offshore...seas 4 to 6 feet subsiding to 2 to 4 feet. Bay and inland waters choppy in exposed areas. Chance of showers.

Tonight...Near shore...west winds 10 to 15 knots. Well offshore... Northwest winds 5 to 10 knots becoming north. Seas 2 to 3 feet. Bay and inland waters a light chop. Slight chance of showers.

Saturday...Northeast winds 5 to 10 knots becoming southeast. Seas 2 feet or less. Bay and inland waters a light chop.

Saturday Night...Southwest winds around 5 knots becoming southeast. Seas 2 feet or less. Bay and inland waters a light chop.

Sunday...South winds 5 to 10 knots. Seas 2 feet or less. Bay and inland waters a light chop.

The Weather Channel:

Partly Cloudy High 85°F

Precip 20% Wind: SE 9 mph

Max. Humidity: 66% UV Index: 10 Very High

Sunrise: 7:15 AM ET Avg. High: 82°F

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 04-03-2009 at 08:09 AM.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:51 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Two more boats out of Ft Myers Beach. Ken & Karen Trelfa in their 42 OL and Craig Jackson in his 42 Fountain. They will be loading their boats up with at least 10 people.

Bob
Old 04-03-2009, 12:57 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

By size, 19 confirmed, so far

?? new CC pending / John Shultz / Naples
?? Fountain CC / earthwerks / Chicago
?? Spectre / Jim Agles / Ft. Myers
30 Skater / appsyscons / Port Charlotte
33 Baja / bajarick / Cape Coral
35 Baja Outlaw / Bowtye8 / Sabastian, FL
38 Baja / peterj / Cape Coral
38 Cigarette / jmbtile / NJ
38 Cigarette / US MUSL / Cape Coral
39 MTI / John Costello / Naples
39 Sutphen / Bob Martin / Cape Coral
39 Velocity / Velocity Tom / Ft. Myers
40 Skater / the menace / Bonita Springs
42 Fountain / Craig Jackson / Ft. Myers Beach
42 Outerlimits / ktrelfa / Ft. Myers Beach
43 Nortech / Jay Forbes / Cape Coral
43 Nortech Cat / Nick Amelio / Ft. Myers
43 Nortech / rodney1 / Ft. Myers
50 Nortech / bobthebuilder / Marco Island

One possible, so far

29 Fountain / TheFever29 / Marco Island
Old 04-03-2009, 01:58 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by AppSysCons
By size, 19 confirmed, so far

?? new CC pending / John Shultz / Naples
?? Fountain CC / earthwerks / Chicago
?? Spectre / Jim Agles / Ft. Myers
30 Skater / appsyscons / Port Charlotte
33 Baja / bajarick / Cape Coral
35 Baja Outlaw / Bowtye8 / Sabastian, FL
38 Baja / peterj / Cape Coral
38 Cigarette / jmbtile / NJ
38 Cigarette / US MUSL / Cape Coral
39 MTI / John Costello / Naples
39 Sutphen / Bob Martin / Cape Coral
39 Velocity / Velocity Tom / Ft. Myers
40 Skater / the menace / Bonita Springs
42 Fountain / Craig Jackson / Ft. Myers Beach
42 Outerlimits / ktrelfa / Ft. Myers Beach
43 Nortech / Jay Forbes / Cape Coral
43 Nortech Cat / Nick Amelio / Ft. Myers
43 Nortech / rodney1 / Ft. Myers
50 Nortech / bobthebuilder / Marco Island

One possible, so far

29 Fountain / TheFever29 / Marco Island
WOO HOO!

Thanks guys. See ya in the am.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 04-03-2009, 02:13 PM
Registered

Fuel went down by $.04 per gallon. When was that last time you heard that at a marina ????

TC
Old 04-03-2009, 04:15 PM
Registered

Great turn out. Get ready to leave for the trek across the state. See you all in teh AM
Old 04-03-2009, 04:44 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

What a day.

My boat is normally on my lift in back of my house, but due to a breakage and having the boat detailed, it is on the trailer, in my driveway.

So I wait for the weather to clear, put the props on, gas up, and give everything a once over. Now it starts to rain again, so I real quick cover the boat up, and wait. Stops raining, and I drag the boat and trailer over to the ramp, about 12 miles and it starts to rain again. So I wait at the ramp 15-20 minutes and it clears. I un-hook strap the boat, get the bumpers out, put some lines on, put the drain plugs in, and back down the ramp. Get tied to the dock, park the truck and trailer, and open the boat. Put the keys in, turn the keys, and beep - beep – beep – beep, low voltage alert on the system view, and click, click, click. Not one, but both batteries have about 8 volts in them? Something must have gotten turned on by mistake, most likely during detailing, and that was that. Get the truck, pull the boat out, strap everything down, and back home.

One battery is on the charger now, and the other one is next.

Tomorrow can only get better! See you all at the bridge.

Last edited by AppSysCons; 04-03-2009 at 07:10 PM.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a super long day!! Thanks to Tom (megabyte*3) i found the pressure relief valve up in ft myers at offshore performance and managed to get that onto the engine. then i had so many other issues that i had to fix, such as risers, coils, cap, and thermostat housing but it got done. i thought i was never gonna pull it off.
So this is where i stand. As of now the boat is greasy but running. Got other little issues like silent choice on one engine and depth finder not working but i can manage without that since the only shallow water will be around keewayden which i know of, right?. Have to clean the boat the best i can in the early am. Hopefully my crew shows up cause they are coming from allover, haha. If it all works out it should be potential 4 others and i on board. so we shall see.

Im most likely gonna bring my camera gear so i can shoot some of the boats when we are waiting around or at lunch. i just hope everything is solid with my boat tomorrow, haha.

Bob, what time will u be leaving marco?
Old 04-03-2009, 08:25 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by AppSysCons
What a day.

My boat is normally on my lift in back of my house, but due to a breakage and having the boat detailed, it is on the trailer, in my driveway.

So I wait for the weather to clear, put the props on, gas up, and give everything a once over. Now it starts to rain again, so I real quick cover the boat up, and wait. Stops raining, and I drag the boat and trailer over to the ramp, about 12 miles and it starts to rain again. So I wait at the ramp 15-20 minutes and it clears. I un-hook strap the boat, get the bumpers out, put some lines on, put the drain plugs in, and back down the ramp. Get tied to the dock, park the truck and trailer, and open the boat. Put the keys in, turn the keys, and beep - beep – beep – beep, low voltage alert on the system view, and click, click, click. Not one, but both batteries have about 8 volts in them? Something must have gotten turned on by mistake, most likely during detailing, and that was that. Get the truck, pull the boat out, strap everything down, and back home.

One battery is on the charger now, and the other one is next.

Tomorrow can only get better! See you all at the bridge.
Ain't boating fun?

See ya tomorrow, Frank! Same to you, Mr Fever!

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 04-03-2009, 10:18 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by TheFever29
What a super long day!! Thanks to Tom (megabyte*3) i found the pressure relief valve up in ft myers at offshore performance and managed to get that onto the engine. then i had so many other issues that i had to fix, such as risers, coils, cap, and thermostat housing but it got done. i thought i was never gonna pull it off.
So this is where i stand. As of now the boat is greasy but running. Got other little issues like silent choice on one engine and depth finder not working but i can manage without that since the only shallow water will be around keewayden which i know of, right?. Have to clean the boat the best i can in the early am. Hopefully my crew shows up cause they are coming from allover, haha. If it all works out it should be potential 4 others and i on board. so we shall see.

Im most likely gonna bring my camera gear so i can shoot some of the boats when we are waiting around or at lunch. i just hope everything is solid with my boat tomorrow, haha.

Bob, what time will u be leaving marco?
We will clear Caxambas Pass at the south end of Marco at 9:55AM, Marco River at 10:00 AM and Gordon Pass at 10:10 AM putting us up at the bridge about 10:45. We will keep an eye out for you.
Bob

Quick Reply: Info Thread / Roll Call for Sat. 4 / 09 Fun Run to Hamilton Harbor & Keewaydin Island

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.