Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boat Club Forums > Ft Myers Offshore
Info Thread / Roll Call for Sat. 4 / 09 Fun Run to Hamilton Harbor & Keewaydin Island >

Info Thread / Roll Call for Sat. 4 / 09 Fun Run to Hamilton Harbor & Keewaydin Island

Notices

Info Thread / Roll Call for Sat. 4 / 09 Fun Run to Hamilton Harbor & Keewaydin Island

Old 03-24-2009, 10:35 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Info Thread / Roll Call for Sat. 4 / 09 Fun Run to Hamilton Harbor & Keewaydin Island

Info Thread / Roll Call for Sat. April 4 / 09 Fun Run to Hamilton Harbor, Naples and beach party / raft up at Keewaydin Island.

Welcome to our 2009, spring season finale Fun Run. We will assemble at the south side of the Sanibel Bridge departing for Naples at 11:00 AM. We have an exciting new destination, the Yacht Club at Hamilton Harbor, Naples. The Yacht Club at HH is private, however FMO, Inc. secretary, Tom Cullen has made the necessary arrangements for our group. Thank you Tom (OSO megabyte*3).

If you are able to join us, please post up here on OSO on either this thread or e mail me at bobthebuilder(at)rogers.blackberry.net. Also since we are now formally a Club, and this is a sanctioned club event we ask that you complete your membership application by going to www.ftmyersoffshore.org and download the membership form if you have not already done so. You may either mail it in or submit at our lunch at Hamilton Harbor.
If your boat is down for service or repair and you feel like driving to Hamilton Harbor and joining us for lunch, Club members are most welcome to do so. Remember a social membership is only $35.00 and boaters membership is $60 and covers the family. It is always very social and a good time. Please let me know as the Yacht Club at HH is asking for a head count.

Route: From the Sanibel Bridge we will run straight shot south for Naples and into Gordon Pass. Hamilton Harbor is just a 5 minute idle to the Y where the intracoastal waterway intersects. While we will spread out on the Gulf, we will need to run single file into Gordon Pass.
Note to Marco and Naples boats. You are welcome to join me for the run up to the Sanibel Bridge to meet the main group of boats. I will leave Marco at 10 am and pass by Gordon Pass at 10:10 AM on the way north.

Lunch:Tom is currently working with Hamilton Harbor on putting together a suitable menu. I was there recently with the Florida Powerboat Club and we had a great lunch at quite a reasonable price. We will provide lunch details soon. Payment will be by credit card only, directly to HH.

50 / 50 draw: At lunch we will again be selling raffle tickets. 100% of the proceeds will go into the FMO scholarship fund.
Support your Club, and the good work we are trying to do.

After Lunch: While the officially sanctioned run ends at Hamilton Harbor, a number of boats are planning on going over to the beach at Keewaydin Island after lunch. All are welcome. Since it gets crowded on weekends at Keewaydin we plan on dropping a few anchors just off the beach and boats are welcome to join us in a raft up. We will have a couple of dingys there to shuttle people between the beach and the boats. The water is warming up nicely and should make for a great afternoon at the beach!!

Fuel / Distance: From the Sanibel Bridge to Gordon Pass it is about 30 miles each way and then just a mile or so to HH. If going down to Keewaydin Island is in your plans, it is about 8 miles south of HH. Hamilton Harbor does have 93 octane fuel available.

Communications: Inter boat communication to be on VHF channel 72. Also My cell is 239-776-0481. Anyone dropping out after the start should let me know so we do not spend time waiting or looking for you. Leave a voice mail if no answer.

Pictures: Jay (OSO / FMO Jayboat) will be aboard Team PREDATOR, so make sure you come alongside for some great running shots of your boat as we head south to Naples. They will be posted on the forum after the run.

Tide Info:

Cape Coral ( Bridge): LT: 7:35 AM; HT: 2:33 PM; LT: 6:43 PM
Sanibel Bridge: LT: 4:11 AM; HT:12:14 PM; LT: 3:13 PM
Naples Bay (GULF) : LT: 2:58 AM; HT: 10:24 AM; LT: 3:15 PM
Marco Island: LT: 3:57 AM; HT: 11:20 AM; LT: 4:14 PM
Please note the morning low tide in Cape Coral for those with lifts

Waypoints:

Sanibel Bridge: N 26 29 00; W 82 00 88
Naples (Gordon Pass): N 26 05 50; W 81 48 67

Weather / Sea Conditions: To be posted 5 days prior to the event and updated daily. Referencing:

NOAA Weather: http://forecast.weather.gov/shmrn.ph...656&syn=gmz606

The Weather Channel: http://www.weather.com/outlook/trave...opnav_vacation

Safety: Each boat Captain is required to operate his / her vessel in a safe manner and is responsible for the safety of the crew and their safety. Familiarize yourself with BSAFE ( Boating Safety Association for Events ). Visit www.boatingsafe.org

Contact info: Bob cell: 239-776-0481. E mail: bobthebuilder(at)rogers.blackberry.net or bobbarnhart1(at)gmail.com

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 03-24-2009 at 10:55 PM.
Old 03-25-2009, 02:36 AM
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Count us in. Looking forward to it. Bob, is Keewayden a good place for a 9 and 10 year old?
Old 03-25-2009, 06:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sue and I are ready for another great day on the water.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:30 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

My boat is presently getting fixed, and I expect it to be done shorty.

Count us in.

Here is the chart posted on the HHYC site.
Attached Thumbnails Info Thread / Roll Call for Sat. 4 / 09 Fun Run to Hamilton Harbor & Keewaydin Island-naples-bay.jpg  
Old 03-25-2009, 08:40 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Updated list, see below

Last edited by AppSysCons; 03-25-2009 at 10:50 AM.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:50 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Updated boat list, see below

Last edited by AppSysCons; 03-26-2009 at 08:33 AM.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:51 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by jmbtile
Count us in. Looking forward to it. Bob, is Keewayden a good place for a 9 and 10 year old?
Joe. The kids will love Keewaydin so bring them along. I will post some pics of Keewaydin shortly so you will know what to expect. There are both Gulf and Intracoastal beaches and we can take them for rides in the DUX boat as well. There will be an outgoing tide that afternoon and what is fun is to walk or get ferried upstream in the DUX boat and drift back down to where we will raft. If you have a inflatable raft or any type of inflatable, bring it along.
Bob

This could be you on the 4th! LOL
Attached Thumbnails Info Thread / Roll Call for Sat. 4 / 09 Fun Run to Hamilton Harbor & Keewaydin Island-p1000325-1-.jpg   Info Thread / Roll Call for Sat. 4 / 09 Fun Run to Hamilton Harbor & Keewaydin Island-d3001.jpg  

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 03-25-2009 at 12:51 PM.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:56 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Glad to hear Shultz has a new boat! PIX!!!

Here are some shots from Hamilton Harbor last weekend. Great dockage, outdoor grill at the clubhouse- what more do ya need? That place is a first class facility... perfect location.
Attached Thumbnails Info Thread / Roll Call for Sat. 4 / 09 Fun Run to Hamilton Harbor & Keewaydin Island-fpc32009_1523.jpg   Info Thread / Roll Call for Sat. 4 / 09 Fun Run to Hamilton Harbor & Keewaydin Island-fpc32009_1536.jpg   Info Thread / Roll Call for Sat. 4 / 09 Fun Run to Hamilton Harbor & Keewaydin Island-fpc32009_1542.jpg  

Info Thread / Roll Call for Sat. 4 / 09 Fun Run to Hamilton Harbor & Keewaydin Island-fpc32009_1587.jpg   Info Thread / Roll Call for Sat. 4 / 09 Fun Run to Hamilton Harbor & Keewaydin Island-fpc32009_1593.jpg  

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 03-25-2009, 03:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bob count me in, plus
three others .
Old 03-25-2009, 06:23 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by bajarick
Bob count me in, plus
three others .
Frank will add you to the list with the next edits, Rick. Sorry I missed that. You did e mail me but slipped thru the cracks. Look forward to seeing you again. Also thanks again for your donation to FMO scholarship fund at the last run. That enabled us to up the scholarships from 2 to 3, so you will make someone very happy.
Bob

Quick Reply: Info Thread / Roll Call for Sat. 4 / 09 Fun Run to Hamilton Harbor & Keewaydin Island

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.