Notices

Lake Murray ???

Old 04-13-2005, 07:30 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lake Murray ???

Sure would be in heaven to look out into the back yard to see my boat. I'm looking at a home in Lake Murray Estates. Was wondering if any of the Murray gang can tell me the good & bad about this side of the lake. I know its a hike from Chapin but thats all I know.
Old 04-13-2005, 08:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Lake Murray ???

There are 2 Lake Murray estates. I actually live in the one on the Chapin side. The one you are talking about I assume is the one on the Saluda side.

I think anything you buy on LM right now is a good investment no matter where it is. The only 2 drawbacks I see on the Saluda side are Schools and distance from town. For me the distance from town would actually be a positive because I hate cities...I like the country. If you don't plan on living there and sending your kids to school there the school issue is irreleveant except during resale.

I am not trying to bad mouth the Saluda school system at all but the Lake is surrounded by Chapin, Dutch Fork, & Lexington high schools which are some of the top schools in the state.

Also, if you are thinking about renting it out by the week I'm not sure about the rental market in the Saluda area. I would definitely research that a little.

the good thing about the Saluda area is you can still find some Lake homes that are reasonably priced...whatever that means . They are also continuing to increase in value like all the other areas of the lake are.

Good luck. Glad to see y'all are enjoying LM. I wish there was a little better weather for you and a weekend we could show you around the lake.
Old 04-13-2005, 11:15 AM
Jan
Member "69" Charter #70
Charter Member

Originally Posted by cig1988
Sure would be in heaven to look out into the back yard to see my boat. I'm looking at a home in Lake Murray Estates. Was wondering if any of the Murray gang can tell me the good & bad about this side of the lake. I know its a hike from Chapin but thats all I know.
Cig1988, how long are you going to be in Columbia?
Thursday is great nite in the Vista(downtown Columbia on Gervais St). Outside band and alot of people if weather is good.

http://www.vistaafter5.com/

Jan
Old 04-13-2005, 04:40 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Mike

Thanks for help and yes its on the Saluda side. I feel the same way about being away from everything. Real nice and quiet sub division. Was out on the dock & stuck a 12' 2x4 and shows 9-10'. Accidently dropped it in the 2x4 on the dock & echoed like a shot gun blast..thinking the neighbors are really going to like the dry exhaust and the Harleys.

The property is mint for the ideas I have for the future. Will most definetly need a huge barn for the toys. A little drainage issue going on with it and it may look like the leaching field is where I want the barn. In the process of finding its location and trying to get ahold of the sub divions commitee if in fact there is one. Sure hate to purchase and to be told "no-you cant do that". But I do feel a sub division is the to go to prevent certain unsightly issues. I'm going to make tracks up there in a few minutes to speak to a few neighbors. Saw a real awesome set up simular to what we want.
Other than that if all is well, we will own that house. I bid on the house last November & Know it can be had. Out of all the propertys we have seen, the wife & I know this is the one.
Are you back in town ? Would love to see the lake from a differant prospective.

Jan
We're staying @ a log cabin in Leesville till Friday morning. From there, heading to Wilmington, NC to see A good friend. Her brother owns a mortage company (small world). Thanks for the site info. We may just do that. We're both real esated out since last Thursday & need a break. Are you going ?

Stan
Old 04-13-2005, 04:59 PM
jtmiller02

let me know if you guys are going to be down there, i might stop by for a drink in the vista

Old 04-13-2005, 06:16 PM
Registered

I had a brain fart earlier ...I live in Lakewood estates. I was trying to type before a meeting started There are also 2 of them. I know exactly where you are talking about and it should be a nice area and very peaceful...except the exhaust and motorcycles

I wish I was back in town but unfortunately my flight doesn't get back until 9:00 tomorrow night. Hopefully everything works out with the house and we will be seeing you back in town soon. If you get a chance to go down to the Vista definitely do so...and hit Liberty, they have good food and drinks
Old 04-14-2005, 05:31 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thanks Mike, We hit some snafu's with the property last night and hopefully it will work out. Sorry we missed you this time around, perhaps next time we'll hook up & tilt a few.

JT, Depending on what we accomplish today, we may be @ the vista later tonight. Should know something later this afternoon.
Old 04-14-2005, 06:11 AM
Jan
Member "69" Charter #70
Charter Member

Weather permitting I might make it down to the Vista.

My parents live on the lake in Leesville. I live about 2 miles outside of Lexington, off of Hwy 378.

Jan

cell 803-413-0769
Old 04-14-2005, 01:30 PM
jtmiller02

sounds good my number is 843.385.3490 i'll most likely be down there if its nice out

Old 04-14-2005, 08:07 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

S**t, just got back & logged in. Wished I would have done this sooner to get your ph#'s.