Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Muffler Update-loto (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/107025-muffler-update-loto.html)

Dueclaws 07-06-2005 08:25 AM

Re: Muffler Update-loto

Dave-
Where can I see a photo of the 36's turn downs? Who made yours?
Thanks
Due

joe900sc 07-06-2005 09:47 AM

Wouldnt a "turn down" load-up a blower motor at idle?

Buddy OO 07-06-2005 10:11 AM

if David Scott and Randy Scism are using them on all there race boats I dont believe there is a loading or reversion problem, Water patrol do scratch there head, they work great. Sean might have a picture of Daves 36 skater with the straight turndowns. they really look cool and again quiet the huge Sterlings to stupid quiet. Jim

jrz 07-06-2005 10:29 AM

CMI can also build any type of turndown with very tight radius bends.

Gary Anderson 07-06-2005 10:53 AM

We seemed to have reverted back to 50s technology for 100mph+ boats.
For those of you as old as me, it was common to see exhausts that were redirected just below the waterline on old Chris Crafts, Owens, etc cruisers of the 50s and 60s.
Too funny.
Gary

KiloKat 07-06-2005 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Gary Anderson
We seemed to have reverted back to 50s technology for 100mph+ boats.
For those of you as old as me, it was common to see exhausts that were redirected just below the waterline on old Chris Crafts, Owens, etc cruisers of the 50s and 60s.
Too funny.
Gary

You're correct but I don't know of a good alternative at this time. Wish we didn't have this noise issue but with all shorelines being developed as they are these days resulting in more and more people always present, I think this issue will only get worse over time.

Dueclaws 07-06-2005 04:08 PM

JRZ-
I sent an email about pipes to Randy's address, with a photo of the boat's transom.
Due

drivin 07-06-2005 04:19 PM

I think the best thing to do is buy a MTI. Speed Racer is running 1500 HP with no mufflers and is very quite. The water patrol just set and watch him cruise by in stealth like mode. Nothing better to see than a cat running 150 plus with no niose, it's cool, Daves is the same way, you just don't hear them coming!

tomtbone1993 07-06-2005 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by drivin
you just don't hear them coming!

to a point i think noise is safer.......it doesn't appear lotto patrol has the same opion.........

Sean H 07-06-2005 04:41 PM

you don't think a whisper quiet 150 MPH cat is safe? :eek: