Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Big Dick's run at the Shootout. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/107392-big-dicks-run-shootout.html)

buck183 07-13-2005 09:12 PM

Re: Big Dick's run at the Shootout.

Jim,

Is it safe to assume that they will not be surprised by our arrival this time? We have tried to be curtious on numerous occasions by calling ahead with our plans yet they act surprised when we walk in the door everytime.

????

I think our main goal is to just be able and enjoy each other while we our there instead of fighting for tables and service. Agreed?

Buck

BigDaddy96 07-13-2005 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by buck183
Jim,

Is it safe to assume that they will not be surprised by our arrival this time? We have tried to be curtious on numerous occasions by calling ahead with our plans yet they act surprised when we walk in the door everytime.

????
Buck

On the run we did over the 4th, they were prepared and had the outside and inside bars open.
I think part of the problem they have for the shootout is that school has started and their summer help is gone.

Smitty 07-14-2005 10:51 AM

I just hope that we have a good turnout because Wiggler has stepped up and used his friendship with BJ to help us all out.

Let's all try to keep our commitment so we can continue to go to Big Dick's

Smitty

bobonthis 07-14-2005 11:17 AM

If anyone is still needing rooms let me know I have a couple buddies who rent out condos but don't advertise, also I am new to the poker run scene around here and would like to join, where should I meet? I live accross from dog days, do you think a 26ft eliminator may be to small to run in the poker run?

Smitty 07-14-2005 11:37 AM

Rasta--

This is NOT a poker run. It is a bunch of people from OSO all getting together and taking a nice long cruise to Big Dick's.

Last year I had a 24 Outlaw and had no problems running. I will be running mid pack as i can only go 84 :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

As of right now I believe we are all still meeting at the Ledges condos which is one cove east of Shooters cove.

Smitty

44MTI 07-14-2005 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Smitty
Rasta--

This is NOT a poker run. It is a bunch of people from OSO all getting together and taking a nice long cruise to Big Dick's.

Last year I had a 24 Outlaw and had no problems running. I will be running mid pack as i can only go 84 :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

As of right now I believe we are all still meeting at the Ledges condos which is one cove east of Shooters cove.

Smitty

I believe we a leaving from the mouth of Backwater Jacks cove, same as last yr.

Von Bongo 07-14-2005 11:49 AM

In the past we have cruised about 50 most of the way. Some go faster and some go slower.

bobonthis 07-14-2005 03:29 PM

Great, sounds perfect I will be there. I guess I will try the ledges first then Backwaters, count me in for 4 possibly 2 boats. 10:30?

Sean H 07-14-2005 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by 42MTI
I believe we a leaving from the mouth of Backwater Jacks cove, same as last yr.

i say backwater.... :D :drink: but i might be biased...

FunHome 07-14-2005 04:50 PM

I just traded so I could have that weekend off!!

So I'm in!! Me and at least one other, probably more in my boat.

I'll probably have another boat with us as well!! maybe three!!