Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Big Dick's run at the Shootout. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/107392-big-dicks-run-shootout.html)

buck183 07-10-2005 06:20 PM

Big Dick's run at the Shootout.

(If the mods feel like this thread needs to be moved feel free to do so)

It's pushing the middle of July and I haven't seen any mention of the Big Dick's run yet. It's only a few weeks away so I thought it might be time to get the ball rolling.

I am boatless again this year but have managed to mooch a ride off of a very generous member. I'm not going away that easy. ;)

Does anyone plan on doing the run again this year? Is it just an unspoken event that we assume will happen regardless? Or am I the one that needs to make some calls and start something?

Gimme some feedback.

Buck

Smitty 07-10-2005 10:09 PM

Re: Big Dick's run at the Shootout.

I'm in for the run. I wonder who Buck is riding with ?? Anyways let's get a list going like years past so we know how many to tell Big Dick's to expect so we can get decent service.
I guess we'll meet at the Ledges at 10:30 am and leave at 11:00 am sharp.

If anybody has any changes then speak up !!!

Dave

buck183 07-10-2005 11:47 PM

Given the amount of boats we had on the run last year I can't help but think there will be more reponse on this topic.

Still waiting on the Grand Lake crew to chime in. How about it Bubba, Brandon......?????

Buck

BLee 07-10-2005 11:52 PM

I'm in for sure. Just make sure those fools at the restaraunt have more than one staff member this year. Buck maybe I can give you that ride finally! (if the noise police don't punt me first :rolleyes: )

:drink:

buck183 07-11-2005 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by TwinStepGun
I'm in for sure. Just make sure those fools at the restaraunt have more than one staff member this year. Buck maybe I can give you that ride finally! (if the noise police don't punt me first :rolleyes: )

:drink:

I'd be honored Brandon. I've never had the opportunity to ride in a boat like that. The experience would mean a lot to me.

I will be more than happy to make calls far in advance to the run. I rough head count would be nice for their sake.

Let's see if this thread gets going. If so, I'll start another one asking for names, numbers, and possible boat pics.

Keep em coming peeps.

Buck

MarkSmith 07-11-2005 12:38 AM

I'm there as usual.

Buddy OO 07-11-2005 02:28 AM

last year we had probably 60 boats by the end. I'll call BJ at big dicks and let him know we are coming. Lets all meet Friday in no wake area at ledges at 10-10:30. We will probably have 5-6 nortechs going along with the chief Mr. Sobo. I'll start spreading the word around at the lake we should have alot more boats this year. I'll also posts some flyers at all the establishments Loto shootout fun run 2005.

Cord 07-11-2005 07:15 AM

Waterfoul usually headed this run up. Unfortunately, neither of us will be making the trip this year. :drink:

Smitty 07-11-2005 08:57 AM

It would appear that Buck is the new man in charge, so if you have any questions P.M. him. I will be the backup since I always seem to be the cruise director on my home waters !! :drink: :drink:

P.S. My cell number is 847-902-9702

Smitty

44MTI 07-11-2005 09:11 AM

You know the Okies will be there, we've spent more time on LOTO than Grand this yr.Didn't we leave from Backwater Jacks last yr. I don't care just trying to remember.I'll be in as long as I'm still running, Already have reservations and slips.

Fountain38 07-11-2005 10:26 AM

Another Okie planing on coming up for the Big Dicks Run. That was a blast. Hope to be able to hang as well as I did last year with the big guns. :rolleyes:

Von Bongo 07-11-2005 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by wiggler4490
last year we had probably 60 boats by the end. I'll call BJ at big dicks and let him know we are coming. Lets all meet Friday in no wake area at ledges at 10-10:30. We will probably have 5-6 nortechs going along with the chief Mr. Sobo. I'll start spreading the word around at the lake we should have alot more boats this year. I'll also posts some flyers at all the establishments Loto shootout fun run 2005.

Jim,

BJ quoted a buffet for 4th run but we didn't have enough people. Was $10 per head. Might be something to think about again to cut down on service time.

Mike

Cattitude 07-11-2005 04:19 PM

This a friday day thing then???

I was looking at getting in friday night but maybe I can go a day early:)

Can anyone recommend campgrounds with ramps etc???

2fast4u 07-11-2005 05:02 PM

The ATL, GA boats will be there!!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

WeaponX 07-11-2005 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by wiggler4490

In like flyn :evilb:

JaayTeee 07-11-2005 05:25 PM

We'll be doing it again this year,
probably a couple...three /four boats.

Buddy OO 07-11-2005 05:34 PM

Good idea Bongo that would make it easier, just have good appetizers and cut a package deal, be quick, cheaper, more money for gas and beer. I'll work it out with BJ and let everyone know. thanks for the imput. If you guys want to meet at backwaters thats fine too. Up to everyone else???

Frequency 07-11-2005 07:36 PM

Our crew of four will be there - don't care where we meet.

Cattitude - We just left Deer Valley Park on Sunrise Beach (www.deervalleypark.com). I put our 32' in using their ramp - no problem. You can rent a covered slip too. Best of all - Franky and Louie's is there. :drink:

buck183 07-11-2005 09:33 PM

Kewl, this is the kind of response I was looking for.

We did have an awesome turn out last year. Probably the biggest I've seen yet.

As for where we leave from. Doesn't really matter to me either. We will be staying at The Ledges. BWJ cove isn't out of the way from there. We've left from both in the past. I guess it really doesn't matter at all to me, I'm just holding down a seat for my captain. :p

wiggler4490....Feel free to take the bull by the horns on this deal if you want. You are closer than myself to the situation. Sounds like you may have contacts too....that never hurts. ;)

I'll go ahead and be the self appointed "Entertainment Director". :D I think I have the perfect person for an assistant too. :p I have a feeling some will know who I'm talking about.

Rumor has it Cassandra may be making an apprearance again this year. If so, you can be guaranteed a good time at PC. :drink: She's not bashful, so don't be afraid to come talk to her if you get a chance.

I'm thinking we may designate Saturday at the cove to do a Memorial Service for "The Wig". I feel it's only right after all she's been through with us. I hope to have a suitable replacement by that time to step up and take her place. :evilb:

Party on Wayne.

Buck

Waterfoul 07-11-2005 09:53 PM

As Cord mentioned earlier, Vickie and I won't be making the LOTO trip this year. Bummer. :( I know you will all miss me. :cool:

Buck, tell Casey to keep that twin sister of his under control!!

Outlawcowgirl 07-12-2005 12:53 PM

Ron and I will be there for the Shootout but not the BD Run. :(

Gordo 07-12-2005 01:51 PM

Hoping the One Vision Thunder will be there either late Thursday night or reeeally early Friday morning. If so, We're IN !!! Otherwise, we're in for some crablegs at Docknockers Friday night.

PWRQWST 07-12-2005 01:58 PM

Were in with two maybe three boats 8 to 13 people :D

Frequency 07-12-2005 03:08 PM

It would be great if OSO members had preferred seating available. Last year we got there toward the back of the pack and it was hard to find a seat. Tough to visit fellow OSO members. Maybe they could give us the upper level?

Smitty 07-12-2005 03:56 PM

Frequency is on the right track-- I think the whole place should be for us. It sounds like we'll already have more people than they can handle !!!! :D :D

lakeluvr 07-13-2005 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Cattitude
This a friday day thing then???

I was looking at getting in friday night but maybe I can go a day early:)

Can anyone recommend campgrounds with ramps etc???

Campgrounds and ramp right at Frankie and Louies. Deer Valley Park. Good luck.

John

Sean H 07-13-2005 09:02 AM

i'm in... :D :drink:

Gordo 07-13-2005 10:27 AM

Did I see leaving the Ledges at 10:00AM?
Y'all are planning on heading up the lake kinda early this year, ain't ya?

Last year I asked the bartender why they didn't bring in more help since they had advance notice of the impending invasion. She said, "We don't need any extras, we can handle this".
Oooooo Kay. :rolleyes:
Funny, I remember many folks leaving without being able to get food, and waiting forever for drinks. For the small price of a couple of extra waitresses, they would probably have easily tripled their income for that afternoon. Plus, a couple more good waitresses would have raked in some sweet tips.
Hopefully they re-think their serving abilities this year.
Looking forward to seeing y'all there !!!

buck183 07-13-2005 05:50 PM

Gordo,

I may be wrong, but I believe we are planning on leaving at 11 AM. Hopefully start gathering @ 10:30 or so.

I agree on the service from their end.

Buck

Buddy OO 07-13-2005 06:27 PM

I just spoke with BJ at Big Dicks, He is going to set us up a buffet with appetizers, wraps, chicken wings and tenders, misc assortment. told him we will probably have 60-80 boats and 150-200 people. I think there will be alot of people wanting to go this year because of the awesome new boats running in the shootout. I think a 220mph will happen this year. I hope everyone is safe and no accidents. I'm very concerned there are so many 160mph+ boats this year. We have picked up the lifeline jacket line and will be selling them at the shootout. from poker run versions to full race. I'm ordering all I can, They still are the best by far, life is alot more important than cheaping out on a lifejacket. will let everyone know how much for lunch. I also think we should meet in the mouth of backwater jacks cove at 10:30 like last year. Its easy and we will pull out at 11:00. told bj between 12:00 and 12:30 for us to arrive. thanks Jim Midwest performance boats. 636 236-4141

buck183 07-13-2005 09:12 PM

Jim,

Is it safe to assume that they will not be surprised by our arrival this time? We have tried to be curtious on numerous occasions by calling ahead with our plans yet they act surprised when we walk in the door everytime.

????

I think our main goal is to just be able and enjoy each other while we our there instead of fighting for tables and service. Agreed?

Buck

BigDaddy96 07-13-2005 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by buck183
Jim,

Is it safe to assume that they will not be surprised by our arrival this time? We have tried to be curtious on numerous occasions by calling ahead with our plans yet they act surprised when we walk in the door everytime.

????
Buck

On the run we did over the 4th, they were prepared and had the outside and inside bars open.
I think part of the problem they have for the shootout is that school has started and their summer help is gone.

Smitty 07-14-2005 10:51 AM

I just hope that we have a good turnout because Wiggler has stepped up and used his friendship with BJ to help us all out.

Let's all try to keep our commitment so we can continue to go to Big Dick's

Smitty

bobonthis 07-14-2005 11:17 AM

If anyone is still needing rooms let me know I have a couple buddies who rent out condos but don't advertise, also I am new to the poker run scene around here and would like to join, where should I meet? I live accross from dog days, do you think a 26ft eliminator may be to small to run in the poker run?

Smitty 07-14-2005 11:37 AM

Rasta--

This is NOT a poker run. It is a bunch of people from OSO all getting together and taking a nice long cruise to Big Dick's.

Last year I had a 24 Outlaw and had no problems running. I will be running mid pack as i can only go 84 :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

As of right now I believe we are all still meeting at the Ledges condos which is one cove east of Shooters cove.

Smitty

44MTI 07-14-2005 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Smitty
Rasta--

This is NOT a poker run. It is a bunch of people from OSO all getting together and taking a nice long cruise to Big Dick's.

Last year I had a 24 Outlaw and had no problems running. I will be running mid pack as i can only go 84 :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

As of right now I believe we are all still meeting at the Ledges condos which is one cove east of Shooters cove.

Smitty

I believe we a leaving from the mouth of Backwater Jacks cove, same as last yr.

Von Bongo 07-14-2005 11:49 AM

In the past we have cruised about 50 most of the way. Some go faster and some go slower.

bobonthis 07-14-2005 03:29 PM

Great, sounds perfect I will be there. I guess I will try the ledges first then Backwaters, count me in for 4 possibly 2 boats. 10:30?

Sean H 07-14-2005 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by 42MTI
I believe we a leaving from the mouth of Backwater Jacks cove, same as last yr.

i say backwater.... :D :drink: but i might be biased...

FunHome 07-14-2005 04:50 PM

I just traded so I could have that weekend off!!

So I'm in!! Me and at least one other, probably more in my boat.

I'll probably have another boat with us as well!! maybe three!!