If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    My Boats:
    1999 32' Advantage Victory
    Lake St Clair, Michigan

tensioner bracket question 502 mag

I painted my bilge this spring cuz the factory uses a paint that seems to be pourous(sp) and I just couldnt clean the bilge to the spec's I'd like it to be, no matter what it just seemed dull, and dingy.... So I pulled tho motors out, gave them a good wipe down, new plugs, wires, belts, impellers, ect... replace it before I need to theory on everything. Then cleaned and painted the bilge, it looks great now, nice bright white, hard finish, and most importantly, easily cleaned paint, I love it, but what alot of work, wow!!! taping off transom assy's moving harness's, taking off lighting trim pumps, I basicly dont recommend ever doing this to anyone, it sucked, but I guess it paid off, I love it now. Anyway to my question. Put it all back together, took it for a run saturday, and the new belt on the one motor left some rubber on my new paint(which wiped off very easily) So I look at it closely, and it looks slightly at an angle. I take off the tensioner, everything looks like new still, sleeve fine bearing fine, everything fine, I pulled off the other one, that's all exactly the same new looking parts too, but it sits nice and square. I cant figure out why this one wouldn't be. I've never lifted the motor out by this bracket, it just seems off a bit for whatever reason. I'm going to order a new bracket, but just one of those things that makes you go hmmmm??? Anyway I tightened the belt a little more, and it was fine after that, but still, I'm irritated by this. Anyone ever have a similar problem. Could it be that I just didnt have it tight enough?

Re: tensioner bracket question 502 mag

Holy sh!t, the prodigal son returns... What up, Rob???

My Boats:
    Mid Stream Marine

Re: tensioner bracket question 502 mag

I had to put 3 washers on both of my motors to line them up