If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Hydrocruiser

Platinum Member Platinum Member J-Bonz's Avatar
    My Boats:
    38 TopGun & 21 Apache Scout
    Cleveland, OH / Pewaukee, WI

At 9 pm and 1 am tonight on the history channel will be THE HISTORY OF LUBES
    heres there write up

From chariot wheels of ancient Egypt to hard disks in a computer to the wheels on a Mars rover, machinery can't function without lubricants. And in today's technology, there are a mind-boggling number of friction points that must be lubed, and a staggering number of lubricants-- petroleum motor oils that keep car engines from burning up, synthetic greases that stay put in the zero gravity of space, and solid coatings that prevent eggs from sticking to a pan. We'll see how this marvel of chemistry works and how it's used. Peering into the future, we'll behold a power generator that employs air as a lubricant, trains using magnetic levitation, which eliminates any need for lubrication, and bio-engineered vegetable oils that promise to take humanity back to one of its very first lubricants. From helping medieval windmills spin, to allowing robotic arms on planetary rovers to move, lubricants are crucial to the advance of technology and literally keep the wheels of progress turning.

My Boats:
    1998 Aquasport 205 Oosprey
    Windham, NH

Re: Hydrocruiser

Hydro, If you miss it I'll check my Tivo for the next showing. (who an I kidding - your probably the executive producer)
    Chris G.