Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Hi from Irelands Wild Atlantic Coast ! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/110175-hi-irelands-wild-atlantic-coast.html)

East Coast B 08-16-2005 02:01 PM

Re: Hi from Irelands Wild Atlantic Coast !

Welcome aboard!!! Now, if you could only pour us a pint of the good stuff!!!! Love the beer on your side of the pond!!!

RollWithIt 08-16-2005 04:45 PM

Stuart.. Welcome to the board. Glad to have another member from overseas. Hook up with Cookee. He races RIBS over in England. Pretty cool guy also. Ribs are not as popular stateside as over in europe. But there are a few fans of them here.

powerboat.org 12-10-2005 03:51 AM

Powerboating in Ireland

For those who would like to see how we do it on this side of the Atlantic,
We have just launched Ireland's first virtual Powerboat Club

at www.powerboat.ie .

We even have a few Guinness Smilies for you all !

Kind regards from Ireland !

Stuart

cookee 12-10-2005 04:39 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Hi Stuart - Cookee here from South Devon - we build and race RIBs here - got a new leisure version of the race boat out now - there is a review in Rib International this month (even got the cover as well), and there will be a 5 or more page review in the February edition of Sports Boat and Rib. Our race boat does 70mph with a 200hp Merc XR2

Downtown42 12-10-2005 06:29 AM

I live in Wales.............WI ,USA

Top Banana 12-10-2005 07:49 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Sturart...welcome to OSO

Would there be a chance to go for a ride in one of those ribs....maybe even get a spot in the boat on one of your events?

An old racer of Irish descent would appreciate an opportunity for something like that.

Below are a couple of shots of my winning the BUSHMILLS IRISH WHISKEY race in California many years ago.......yes, I know they are from the North, but we take our sponsors as we get them.

Charlie McCarthy

Lee 12-10-2005 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Troutly
I'm not into ribs, but my wife seems to like it when I use this one.

Turn that thing inside out Trout, it's not all about her :evilb: :D

ratman 12-10-2005 03:25 PM

heck yeah we're into ribs...i even make my own bbq sauce

georges 12-12-2005 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by METAL BROS RACING
Welcome, I like my ribs with BBQ sauce :D :D :D

I knew it wasn't going to take long for that one! What we have here is a bunch of wise guys!.......... but a better group of people you will not find anywhere!
Welcome the the board Stuart.
The only competition RIB most of us are familiar with here, is Fabio Buzzi's (usually winning) twin diesel powered "La Gran Argentina" during the 90's, then he also had the "Baby Buzzi", single engine version for awhile too.

Pete B 12-12-2005 06:00 PM

I happen to be in Dublin right now!!!