Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Does Hideaway Marina still sell new Cigarettes? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/113033-does-hideaway-marina-still-sell-new-cigarettes.html)

drypipetiger 09-28-2005 07:59 AM

Re: Does Hideaway Marina still sell new Cigarettes?

Originally Posted by OldSchool
At cost isn't much lower than retail, that's one of the reasons why almost all of the dealers have gone away....it's just not worth it it for them.

How many and who have gone away?

Martin - My understanding because Skip wouldn't acknowledge warranty work that was prior to him.

National - Obvious

Hideaway - ?

How many others? I wasn't aware of that many, and I'm not sure the reason is because cost isn't much lower than retail. Is that really the case?

BTW Craig, haven't forgot to send your poker run video back. Thanks. Neil

BLee 09-28-2005 09:14 AM

http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/gives.gif

drypipetiger 09-28-2005 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by TwinStepGun

GOOD POINT.

otis311 09-28-2005 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by TwinStepGun

We need to hang out more often. Thats just too damned funny

topgun 38 09-28-2005 01:05 PM

Whats the difference if he sells both i bought my first 38 from national and got hosed and he sold both i bought my 05 38 from pierre and never been treated better

LEOPAJM 09-28-2005 02:50 PM

What do they get for a new 42 with 1075's ???

And .... why would you buy from anyone but Philly ??? Right guys ? :D

lucky strike 09-28-2005 04:00 PM

Let me clear something up. Hideaway did not bail out on Cig. It was vice versa. Hideaway was talking to Outerlimits about becoming a dealer and Skip overheard this. He told Hideaway if you become an Outerlimits dealer you are no longer a Cigarette dealer. Well, they took on Outerlimits.

I would buy a boat from Hideaway without question. I have spent countless hours in the sales office and they are always very friendly to me even though they knew I'm was not buying a boat. We have several friends who have bought from them with nothing negative to say. They have a couple of new boats in stock which they are blowing out. If you buy one tell Eddie Lucky Strike sent you :D

LS JR.

PS-From what I understand they were Cigarette's top selling dealer.

later 09-28-2005 05:51 PM

Not so surprising, many of your car manufactures been doing that for years. they dont want competing brand lines sitting on the show room floor next to one another, such as Nissan and Honda or Toyota and Mitsubishi and i can understand the logic that the owner of Cigarette wants his product your main focus. Years ago fountain told Raymond's at LOTO that they had to choose between Scarab and Fountain, they chose fountain, goes on alot i would think.

later

BLee 09-28-2005 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by later
Not so surprising, many of your car manufactures been doing that for years. they dont want competing brand lines sitting on the show room floor next to one another, such as Nissan and Honda or Toyota and Mitsubishi and i can understand the logic that the owner of Cigarette wants his product your main focus. Years ago fountain told Raymond's at LOTO that they had to choose between Scarab and Fountain, they chose fountain, goes on alot i would think.

later

Very true.

I don't think anyone is questioning the integrity of Hideaway at all. I've never heard a single bad thing about them. It's just that with powerboats having a solid dealer to help with miscellaneous problems is crucial. Getting a great deal is one thing, but I don't mind paying a little more for top notch service.

Being the top dealer can mean alot of things. Ordering alot of boats doesn't mean anything. National was the top dealer for damn near any powerboat, that will tell you how much that matters.....

Being AROUND for the long haul is what really matters to most customers.

I'll stick with Phil, thanks. If he bails, then I'll give a damn.

jmackin 09-29-2005 06:23 AM

Phil is the exception, i think. Cig has what, a 1 yr. warranty. You rely mostly on the factory for warranty work, dont you?

$315k for a new topgun, not a bad deal.