Notices

long lost members

Old 10-26-2005, 08:59 PM
No Comment
VIP Member

Location: This post copyright, Packinair Inc. All rights reserved.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: long lost members

Originally Posted by License To Thrill
I have NEVER represented myself as a Vietnam combat veteran, sneaky or otherwise. Yes I protested the war, it was based on lies and deceit just as this one was, but I NEVER protested the 'Nam vets.

As for the rest of your vicious screed I couldn't care less what you think of me. You are no better than a worm to me.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:00 PM
Registered

October 2000 was a long time ago and the beginning here. I can say honestly that I have been on this board almost every day since then, for a while I had no idea how to use it and just lurked. Then I got into HP boating and used this site to it's fullest extent, even boat and sold two boats on it. This is like home. On a side note, I would love to welcome Troutly back, he deserves the benefit of the doubt.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:07 PM
Registered

Yo Rob... I was just pissed. I can't really boycott OSO. Too many cool people left. Just when I think that I have had enough I am reminded how many good friends I have met from this site... and how many are still around. I am NOT anti-OSO. I am anti-BS like Jon. But I don't think that you and some others cracking on each other in good fun is the problem.
You are a good dude Rob.

I do think that they should ban Cat again. For obvious reasons.
But maybe Ban Cat should be it's own thread.

Jon... I'm sorry if I was part of a hijacking, but when I thought about some of the cool people from the past... I got mad, because I talk to them off forum still (at least some of the ones mentioned who are "awol").

I was ticked because I have always liked that brotherhood aspect of this forum and I see it slipping away sometimes.
To me... speaking of those who have slipped away only reminds me of how things have changed and I get sad.

But I didn't mean to screw up the thread. It was just pretty ironic that we were talking about people who have drifted away, I wondered why... and Bam... there was Cat with the regular drill.

I think that the bottom line is that OSO has been a magical phenomenon at times. It would be nice if we could preserve that, and perhaps some of the more entertaining, positive and fun members along with it.

Then we wouldn't have to ask where they went.

Now... on the subject of long lost members, it's time to email MC and Bonnie.
Old 10-27-2005, 05:58 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by Audiofn
You may or may not have read my post that you quoted. This thread was started to find out were people have gone. Instead it turns into a rip on Catman. I could care less what people post. If I am not interested I skip over it. If I am then I read it. Stec is a puke from NY but he is a funny puke so I read his stuff and laugh. Not sure what you mean in your post?
ok, my bad I hadnt seen that in the context of your post, I thought it was aimed at Stecz, true he is special. What threw me off was the naming...my bad Noah
Old 10-27-2005, 06:06 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by fund razor
Yo Rob... I was just pissed. I can't really boycott OSO. Too many cool people left. Just when I think that I have had enough I am reminded how many good friends I have met from this site... and how many are still around. I am NOT anti-OSO. I am anti-BS like Jon. But I don't think that you and some others cracking on each other in good fun is the problem.
You are a good dude Rob.

I do think that they should ban Cat again. For obvious reasons.
But maybe Ban Cat should be it's own thread.

Jon... I'm sorry if I was part of a hijacking, but when I thought about some of the cool people from the past... I got mad, because I talk to them off forum still (at least some of the ones mentioned who are "awol").

I was ticked because I have always liked that brotherhood aspect of this forum and I see it slipping away sometimes.
To me... speaking of those who have slipped away only reminds me of how things have changed and I get sad.

But I didn't mean to screw up the thread. It was just pretty ironic that we were talking about people who have drifted away, I wondered why... and Bam... there was Cat with the regular drill.

I think that the bottom line is that OSO has been a magical phenomenon at times. It would be nice if we could preserve that, and perhaps some of the more entertaining, positive and fun members along with it.

Then we wouldn't have to ask where they went.

Now... on the subject of long lost members, it's time to email MC and Bonnie.
John,
thanks for the compliment, I agree this is a meeting for the like minded as we all have and enjoy the same hobby. People use the internet for many things, unfortunatly some use it for bad, and many use it as a way to relax, as you put it before some us it as a way to "hook up". I think the majority on here use it to relax and have fun. But, meeting the personna on here and how they are in their real life can be misconstrued. I read the story on the girl that had committed suicide, and sad it was, it seems no one knew the real her. Same as a comp, I have met many people on here and we do tons together. However, true friends are proven through time.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:09 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by stecz20
i was f ing with you about that... you still dont get it, god your dumb.. and ugly... soft this, i did not want to see the wrath of my people unleashed on your ass... i could not bare to see that happen...
Now look who is getting all sensitive!!! I guess you can give but not receive..... JC you care to comment on that?
Old 10-27-2005, 06:10 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by TRICK
You guys are familiar with the ignore feature right?

You can use it to filter out anyone member you choose.

This message is hidden because xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx is on your ignore list.
I have one person on my ignore list and it has made OSO a better place for me. The only bad thing is that when people quote the "village idiot" it shows up in their posts.
Attached Images  
Old 10-27-2005, 06:15 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Fund I agree that it is upsetting that lots of poeople that used to come around a lot don't any more but for what ever reason they loose interest. It could be the BS, it could be that they sell their boat, It could be that they just get bussy at work and do not have the time. I do not post near as much as I used to just because I am so bussy at work, building a house, and other stuff going on.

I do agree that the board has a different feel to it but it is still good. People are pointing out all the people helping one another out but look at the stickies that we have had over the last few months with all the hurricane help. We are over all still a very careing group

Jon
Old 10-27-2005, 03:00 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by packinair
Sound Advice

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 11-03-2005 at 03:20 PM.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by packinair
I think this is the first time I agreed 100% with Packin.

Quick Reply: long lost members

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.