Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Hi..new KID on the block need help ! ! X dimension (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/117896-hi-new-kid-block-need-help-x-dimension.html)

audacity 12-06-2005 11:15 PM

Re: Hi..new KID on the block need help ! ! X dimension

i know...man, it's BIG for a single and the only reason i question it.

zum.offshore.Malta 12-09-2005 07:04 AM

Re: Hi..new KID on the block ! ! propshaft height advise

Hi guys ...the new kid on the block cant hold his emotions to thank you for your replies ! ! ! :D sorry for not answering promptly but in the last 2 days i was busy so i havent checked what was going on ... now lets get serious... :evilb: ..i ve put up a team consisting of a naval architect and a designer ... ... so thats why i m using CNC to build d mould itself and the hull will be built strong enough up to + 80mph ... now ,,,to answer Audacity s question if racing this hull in P1 ...my answer is NO as from last year rules changed unfortunately ,, from a minimum length of 30 feet to a minimum of 33 feet... limiting speed to 80mph regarding super sport with the power from twin engines configuration being 4.5 KGS per Horsepower. ...therefore a boat of 38 feet weighing 3500 kgs (7700Lbs) must have a maximum horsepower of 780 hp therefore 390HP on each engine .... and by d way SURFACE DRIVES are a must ! ! ! for this sport because Breaking of BRAVO drives are a d most common failure and inevitable .. due to the offshore sea conditions in d mediteranean..let me know if u need any information regarding P1 offshore racing ..Super Sport and Evolutuin class ...which is another world of offshore racing ..u r more than welcome to ask me any questions whatever your querys are ..yours truly zum.offshore.malta
Now to answer your questions yes u were rite i m using a single 525....with brovoXR ...no extension box so after being sure that my boat has got a constant of 239 / i had a look at a progresion 29 with stern drive having a notched transom for a single engine , at a cigarette cafe racer 30 with twin engines and from someone out there whose name in code is Griffin also replied saying that his Pantera 28 has a 9 1/2" height from keel with 10" of length which made me realize that a cafe racer 30 , a Pantera 28 have both the same dimensions regarding their notched transom as u all know which made me think that i should build mine with a notched transom as well ...i was going for a height where the inner strakes join at ransom which would be of 9 inches ... and for a length of 10".. with a propshsft hieight of 4" then if too much slip will occur i will go down an inch using a spacer ..Power will be a single 525 with Bravo XR ..by d way the inner strakes stop at 10 feet from transom and the transom has got a 13 degres of inclination upwards toward the sheer . this is quiet interesting .i worked out the constants for various models ....example for a cigareete 30 footer with twin step has a 242 constant...whole Fountain and Outerlimits have a 252 and 250 respectively...my aim is to reach a 242 with my boat not having any step yet and no notched transom . could be next years model will include a single step infront of the LCG which is 10 feet from transom and where the inner lifting strakes end...THEREFORE would u suggest me to keep the hiegt of the notched transom as exlpained above and going for 10 inches length as all the mentioned above .... a :eek: Last but not least i wanted to answer Mr.TRICK i dont want to upset you but i m no Jon. A from Malta......and to answer Griff s i thank him a lot for giving me the very useful information to begin with 4 inches propshaft height than may be ad spacers to go to 5 inches dep....which still leaves me with a query ....with a notched transom what would be the new heigt ???? and if i had to install an extension on the XR,,, igues it should be lifted more higher ...???am i right mate :D
I may asume that u r tired now after reading all the above...... please :) :) be a bit patient ! ! ! just one last thing i wanted to say to Audacity that ive seen their video clips which i definitely enjoyed ....less the one that uve been left with your wheel in your hands. ! ! thats weird man but how u got the wheel back in place is just unbeleivable and amazing ....good job guys and keep it up and i wanna c ya in Malta next year ...in May ..i know all profesional people i mean ( Mercruiser certified Technicians) and other services that u would need on the island.. of any type .... :evilb: