Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   "White Lightning" coming to LOTO (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/118325-white-lightning-coming-loto.html)

P Offshore 06-23-2007 07:12 AM

Now.... is this over? :rolleyes:

omerta one 06-23-2007 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by P Offshore (Post 2173844)
Now.... is this over? :rolleyes:

"Was it over when the German's bombed Pearl Harbour?"...

obnoxus 06-23-2007 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by omerta one (Post 2173864)

You watched Animal House to last night huh !!!!!!!!???????? :D

Edward R. Cozzi 06-23-2007 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by QWKRN U (Post 2173791)
Kill this thread already.:drink:
Its the internet people. Step away for awhile and get out on the water and enjoy these things we all spend our hard earned dollars on called boats.

Ive met Travis in person a few times now and he really isnt a bad guy. Comments made online can be interperted many different ways. My first meeting with him was on the docks at our condo's. He was fueling the boat up and was blocking the dock entrance with his support vehicle. I asked him if he could move it soon so my mother-in- law could get off the dock. Not only did he say yes, He immediatly dropped what he was doing and moved it that second. He didnt have to do that, he could have finished what he was doing and then move it, Instead he didnt want to make my Mother-in-law wait to exit the dock. If the guy was half the ******* people make him out to be, I doubt he would have done that. My next meeting with him was a phone regarding some issues at the condo itself. He went out of his way to help resolve the issues. Again not something he had to do as it didnt even involve him.
The guy really is a decent stand up guy. Is his boat loud? Sure it is, but not any worse than any other boat with more than 800hp with through hull exhaust. It usually sounds worse than it is as he backs into the dock and noise resonates out of the dock. Could it use mufflers? Sure it could but then again so does my stock 496's.
back to my original point with this thread. Its easy to jump on the band wagon and go along with everyone that is bashing one guy, I just ask that ya step away from the internet for a bit and get back to the real world and realize why we are all here on this forum to begin with. Its because we all share a common interest of water and performance boats. Relax Life is too short for all this.

I have to agree with this post.
Travis is a humble, self-made, polite guy. He's the buddy from school you could bring to your parents dinner table and never be embarrassed.
"White Lightning" is a dream come true for him. He pulled out all the stops to make that deal happen and a few rude comments by some faceless, nameless posters will not tarnish his accomplishments.

satisfactionII 06-23-2007 12:02 PM

Now it's over. :rolleyes:

SeaRay Jim 06-23-2007 05:17 PM

Not yet! :drink:

Downtown42 06-23-2007 06:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
meow

BOBCATMATHEWS 06-23-2007 10:04 PM

and everyone lived happily ever after...............

dykstra 06-24-2007 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by omerta one (Post 2173864)

GERMANS? HE IS ON A ROLL.

BOBCATMATHEWS 06-24-2007 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by dykstra (Post 2174953)
GERMANS? HE IS ON A ROLL.

plus he migh be a pomme or a canadian,us americans do not use the u in harbor,or color:evilb: :evilb: