Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   "White Lightning" coming to LOTO (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/118325-white-lightning-coming-loto.html)

Edward R. Cozzi 12-13-2005 09:02 AM

"White Lightning" coming to LOTO

I giving all LOTO boaters fair and early warning that this year there will be White Lightning on the water. Watch out!

WARPARTY36 12-13-2005 09:31 AM

Re: "White Lightning" coming to LOTO

You would be surprised how much white lightning is on the water in Missouri :drink:

BLee 12-13-2005 09:32 AM

That is a BADASS boat! I'll be anxious to see it on the water finally instead of in the classifieds. :cool:

jawbreakerkid 12-13-2005 09:36 AM

Who bought it?

Edward R. Cozzi 12-13-2005 10:02 AM

One of our own bought it. I did the survey and sea trial. I will not steal his thunder by telling you who he is. He will see this thread and reveal himself if he so chooses.

Downtown42 12-13-2005 10:19 AM

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...hite+lightning

Roger 1 12-13-2005 10:47 AM

I checked that boat out a couple of years ago and thought that it was really sharp. Lots of real nice rigging. I`m glad that it`s going to be in the family so we can see more of it.

BLee 12-13-2005 11:01 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Pictures.

No rub rail. :cool: :cool:

JohnnyMarshall 12-13-2005 11:04 AM

B Lee is that the boat down the intercoastal to the North of Your old place in Lauderdale?

BLee 12-13-2005 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by JohnnyMarshall
B Lee is that the boat down the intercoastal to the North of Your old place in Lauderdale?

That's it! :cool:

plumbers crack 12-13-2005 05:03 PM

How long has that boat been for sale?I remember driving in Dania beach and seeing that boat like 7-8 yrs ago.Have they made more than 1. The boat looked really nice I think it had blower motors in it.Dare I say Apache look a like?good luck to the new owner wave crusher for sure.

Tbonepmp 12-13-2005 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by plumbers crack
How long has that boat been for sale?I remember driving in Dania beach and seeing that boat like 7-8 yrs ago.Have they made more than 1. The boat looked really nice I think it had blower motors in it.Dare I say Apache look a like?good luck to the new owner wave crusher for sure.

Been for sale for a lonnnnnnggggg time.
Only one was built...
Regards

Wildman1 12-13-2005 05:09 PM

I hate to bust you guys balls but there is already a boat name "WHITE LIGHTING" on LOTO. It is own by a guy name Later who lives at the 6mm. So move over Later has already stake a claim at the lake.

JasonSmith 12-13-2005 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Wildman1
I hate to bust you guys balls but there is already a boat name "WHITE LIGHTING" on LOTO. It is own by a guy name Later who lives at the 6mm. So move over Later has already stake a claim at the lake.

Only way to settle this is to race for the name.

Wildman1 12-13-2005 05:17 PM

Big Guy will win because he has a beek nose boat. Those cats can't handle the rough water on Saturday afternoon coming back from the party cove. You need a real boat to boat on LOTO on Saturday afternoon.

BLee 12-13-2005 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Wildman1
Those cats can't handle the rough water on Saturday afternoon coming back from the party cove.

pssst.........it's a Vee. Carry on. :drink:

Sydwayz 12-13-2005 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by TwinStepGun
pssst.........it's a Vee. Carry on. :drink:

ROFL!!! :D :D

Wildman1 12-13-2005 05:32 PM

My bad I didn't look at the pictures good enough. Big guy still owns the lake. Squatter Rights.

DirtyMoney 12-13-2005 05:47 PM

I have crawled all through that boat and it is impressive to say the least.

Buddy OO 12-13-2005 06:29 PM

did somebody say 8 footers and it plowed thru them hauling butt. I would of loved to see that, might see 3-4 footers at most at loto just in a swirl of directions. sounds like it will ride like a cadilac at loto. If it handles 8 footers why does'nt someone buy the mold and they would make a fortune, dont know of any 40' v's that can haul ass in 8 footers .

DirtyMoney 12-13-2005 06:36 PM

Good old straight v's! Straight V's with new laminate schedules can't be beat.

Rocco 12-13-2005 07:49 PM

I saw that boat in the pit's at the world's in Key West in '97. The most unique thing I remeber the boat had no rub rail with carbon fiber rod like cleats where the rub rail would be.

J-Bonz 12-13-2005 07:52 PM

Its great see someone get it already. its ben for sale to long. Looked at it a year ago and thought it was bad a**.
Congrats to the new owner
Jr.

44MTI 12-13-2005 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Jesse James
.........you wouln't make any money with that mold because the GP thinks you need steps to go fast......

Does it not have stepps. Looks like it does in the picks but hard to tell.

rockstrmkr 12-13-2005 08:09 PM

I always liked that boat. Reminds me of a contemporary Apache 41.

Rocco 12-13-2005 08:11 PM

No it doesn't have steps. It's the graphics playing tricks on your eyes. I do think however the hull sides looks to be cut down a few inches

Buddy OO 12-13-2005 08:11 PM

pics, look like 2 steps to me, and if it can run over 100mph in anything at loto, first I would'nt want to be in it, because you would'nt be in it for long, and I would buy the mold personnaly because I could sell as many as I could build, alot of v owners would pay dearly to have a 40' v that could run those speeds and have their passengers be comfortable, sounds like the magic hull to me because my 50 nortech which is 52' long 18,000 lbs is a handful at 100mph in the worst of it on a busy weekend around the bridge,

Rocco 12-13-2005 08:21 PM

I have a better picture of the boat that clearly shows no step. I will scan and post.

Wild 12-13-2005 08:23 PM

cant wait to see that bad boy run through the main channel on 4th of July weekend, have your cameras ready

Wild

later 12-13-2005 10:09 PM

2 Attachment(s)
wicked looking boat looked at it several years ago, i think it has a very narrow beam like 7 foot are something close very narrow.

Im sure there wont be any confusion as to which boat someone is talking about when they mention White lightning, beside mine is actually named
White Lightning II, and i dont think my original 42 is still on the lake which was White Lightning. Any how it will be awsome to see on the lake.
later

DirtyMoney 12-13-2005 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by wiggler4490
pics, look like 2 steps to me, and if it can run over 100mph in anything at loto, first I would'nt want to be in it, because you would'nt be in it for long, and I would buy the mold personnaly because I could sell as many as I could build, alot of v owners would pay dearly to have a 40' v that could run those speeds and have their passengers be comfortable, sounds like the magic hull to me because my 50 nortech which is 52' long 18,000 lbs is a handful at 100mph in the worst of it on a busy weekend around the bridge,

We have already spoken regarding a boat with a similar hull and similar rigging. The White Lightning boat by Legend did not have steps and for rough water steps don't work. Steps are merely a marketing gimmick.
Where is Stinson on this subject?

DirtyMoney 12-13-2005 10:25 PM

This boat has Merc 1000sc's on a full stagger, #6's with extension boxes and was rigged like a 747.

klmken 12-13-2005 10:34 PM

did somebody say 8 footers and it plowed thru them hauling butt. I would of loved to see that, might see 3-4 footers at most at loto just in a swirl of directions. sounds like it will ride like a cadilac at loto. If it handles 8 footers why does'nt someone buy the mold and they would make a fortune, dont know of any 40' v's that can haul ass in 8 footers .

I guess you've never seen the video of Warpath (I think) bask in the 80's absolutely killing it in at least 8' seas. That was a 41' Apache with Ben Kramer and Bob S. running the throttles......

DirtyMoney 12-13-2005 10:47 PM

Kilo records have destroyed performance boat design!

DirtyMoney 12-13-2005 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Jesse James
The boat is a straight bottom as mentioned before and it is the paint job playing tricks......(very clever) and I know what you mean abouth the nor-tech 50 v being a handfull, I have ridden in terbrocks old one several times........Jim if you get a chance give the new owner some seat time and take him up on a offer for a ride you will be amazed......and it will chew up LOTO on saturday.......but if that's the ticket you should work out a deal with saber and try to sell there boats at loto same boat I believe the guy who built it either widened the strakes or possibly extended the strakes and other than that it was alll 41 apache......the mold does exist so do some looking.......If memory serves I think someone from tou store said the mold was sold to a company in the north east...posibly activator or bad boy? and they added steps.....you may also want to call Nauti Kitty from the board he owns the 47 apach mold from what I hear......maybe you could get him or saber to rent the molds to Skater/MTI/or Outerlimits to build some ultra light weight boats for you.....or ever just take a ride in a sabre.....I have been in Wicked Won (41 Sabre with 1100 sterlings) and Leopjm's 41 with trip 800 sc's and either boat could run the channel at hight 90 to 100 mph with no trouble....I know it is hard to believe but it will do it......

I have the 41 mold that Cigar had but have removed the step insert. I can build one to customers specs from laminates to power.

Quiet Storm 12-13-2005 11:29 PM

I spoke to one of the builders of White Lightning and he told me it was made from a streatched top gun mold. He didn't say if it's still around.

PatriYacht 12-14-2005 06:49 AM

A 41 Apache is a stretched Top Gun anyway isn't it?

SinkorSwim 12-14-2005 07:27 AM

So who bought it??? :drink:

Buddy OO 12-14-2005 07:35 AM

Jesse, I would be happy to check out the new white lightning, It sounds like the perfect loto v bottom. There seems to be alot of people who know it can handle rough water. I get so many calls from people looking for a boat that can handle that washing machine chop. If someone has info on who has this magic hull mold let me know, I seriously could sell 3-4 right now to customers I know right now if I could get them something like this with warrantied power for a fair price. thanks alot jim

Edward R. Cozzi 12-14-2005 08:22 AM

Jesse, I would be happy to check out the new white lightning, It sounds like the perfect loto v bottom. There seems to be alot of people who know it can handle rough water. I get so many calls from people looking for a boat that can handle that washing machine chop. If someone has info on who has this magic hull mold let me know, I seriously could sell 3-4 right now to customers I know right now if I could get them something like this with warrantied power for a fair price. thanks alot jim

Just take any 41' Apache and use it as a plug for your new mold! Change the strakes just a little and cut down the top of the hull a little. Leave off the rub-rail and lay the boat up in space age laminates. Rig the boat to nearly aircraft standards and "Voila", you have created "White Lightning"!

Where did someone get the idea that this boat has a 7' beam? Nonsense, it's a full 8' beam, just like a TopGun.