Notices

What would you do?

Old 01-06-2006, 12:25 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What would you do?

[I think it would upset me a little that he didn't ask me first and I would have told him NO because he didn't do the work.]

Doug, This is exactly what I would have told him if he had called and asked. I'm sure that's why he didn't and I'm sure he never thought I would see the paper or his web site. I'm going to give him a call to let him know that I don't like what he did.

This is why I took my boat and ran. Keith from Landcraft 's quote was $9,700.

Captain Nabber's was $3,300 and he did more work than Keith was going to.

The problems were some minor stress cracks, dings and scratches. And one of the trailer fenders was dinged a little. When I picked the boat up from Nabber's I couldn't find where the repaired spots were because he did such a good job.

I hope your coming to the boat show, Betty and I want to hear about your trip.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately we are not going to make the party Saturday. I have a wedding to go to that day. I hope to get down there Thursday. We had a great time on the trip Man can those guys drink
Old 01-06-2006, 08:15 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

He probably thought you'd be flattered that he thought enough of your boat to use it in his material.
He should have asked you before he did it, especially because it IMPLIES you are his customer. If you really feel that this guy is NOT someone you want YOUR name associated with, well then, get a "Cease and desist" order started.

Some people are so damn nervy!
Old 01-06-2006, 08:33 AM
RHC
Registered

The problem I see here ,, is ,, that the #2 guy did not do the work , however ,, its my bet that he did add on to the #1 guys price when he did the work,,, its sad that #1 did not have his price in line the 1st time around. would have saved u more money!! #2 might have added 15to20% and never touched the boat !!

RHC
Old 01-06-2006, 08:35 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RHC
The problem I see here ,, is ,, that the #2 guy did not do the work , however ,, its my bet that he did add on to the #1 guys price when he did the work,,, its sad that #1 did not have his price in line the 1st time around. would have saved u more money!! #2 might have added 15to20% and never touched the boat !!

RHC
Thats was just to deep for me to understand.......

Who was on 1st ?
Old 01-06-2006, 08:52 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RHC
RHC
Roger (RHC) that is confusing , you might have thought what I was thinking that Nabbers farmed out the work to Landcraft that happens in my business all the time, and our customers never know it. However that would mean that Nabbers should have been more pricy.

Roger (QS) how long did you have you boat at the first place?

I would send him a fax or a letter stating that if he did not do the work at his shop that he should remove your boats picture from his ad and web site. The reason being is that this puts you in an awkward position. Your boat is recgonizable and if some one was to ask you about his work you would have to say that he did not do the work and that would open a can of worms that I am sure he would not want you to discuss with any of his potential customers. Stuff like this is easier said in a letter.
Old 01-06-2006, 01:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RHC

RHC
I can't follow this logic either, but if it was me, I would let this go, forget about the guy who did not do the work, and concentrate on other things in life.
Old 01-06-2006, 01:29 PM
Registered

The answer is simple, just run an ad with the picture of the boat stating that he did not do the work but ABC marine did and it turned out great.
Old 01-06-2006, 01:41 PM
Registered

what do you mean??

This message has been deleted by t500hps. Reason: ms patriyacht is screwing with me
Old 01-06-2006, 01:43 PM
Registered

Just call the guy and tell him that you look forward to the point where he actually gets a real customer so he will stop faking like you were one.
Old 01-06-2006, 01:51 PM
Registered

Go to the guy who did the work explain the situation
and sugest that you would like to put his biz name
somewhere on your boat (vinyl graphics) and see
if you can work out some kind of discount for future
services. Kind of like a sponser.
I dont know if you do Poker Runs but his name
will be addvertised on the lakes you run and
at the same time with out causing any problems you are
burning the other guy a$$.

If you can get that discount and drum up biz for the guy
then you both win.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.