If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Boats:
    Cleveland, Ohio

Re: Thinking about a procharger....

We are a ProCharger dealer in Ohio. I have used many different superchargers and the ProCharger is very effecient. They work very well with EFI systems. They make alot of power and we have even installed a few on customers work trucks and they fly! Not a bad way to go. Whipple also is an excellent choice!

Dean Gellner
    Gellner Engineering Marine Power

Platinum Member Platinum Member articfriends's Avatar
    My Boats:
    EX 99 MPH 272 Baja owner, 1999 Scarab 33 AVS NOW

Quote Originally Posted by JOJO
    I get tired of hearing about how bad prochargers are (between that and the politics that's why I had left this site)
    most people that make these statements only have experience with some fly by night operation installing them or a backyard mechanic.

bottom line:if you don't have it professionally installed and you blow it up you have nobody to blame but yourself!

as far as the most complete kit with the most increase in speed. procharger is been the best and I've done them all.

so enough with the procharger bashing....installation is everything!
    I agree with you, most people that have anything negative to say about them have NEVER had any kind of supercharger on ANYTHING. I will say if your a complete novice prochargers tech support is marginal but the actual blower is well built,mine has over 300 hours on it. Yes,dustin at whipple comes on this site and gives advice which elevates his status over most other supercharger companies but most the time he is mainly defending the fact he couldn't fill orders do to supplier problems. The 504 inch innercooler procharger uses is impossible to match unless you get a custom built one,Smitty
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by articfriends; 01-24-2006 at 11:11 PM.

My Boats:
    1999 Pantera 24 Sport

Bayliner of superchargers? A bomb waiting to go off? Great advice!!!

Like anything else high-performance set-up is key. Articfriends knows his chit when it comes to superchargers!

Worked at a dealership for years that installed several dozen of them( Pro-Chargers); both HP carbs & MPI's. Ifyou can say anything negative at all, it would be that the install instructions kind of led one to believe that you could do it in your driveway on Saturday, and go 10 to 12 mph faster on Sunday. If you pulled the motor and did the required plumbing carefully, they were as reliable as any other blower package. I've also seen their big centrifugal blowers make HUGE hp on big cube motors.

My Boats:
    32 SPECTRE

when properly installed my friends have both whipples and prochargers..and the only thing they break is problems at all with the super charger

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123