Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/121595-im-hearing-skater-built-cigarette-will-go-reggies-kilo-record-next-week.html)

JCPERF 02-04-2006 09:08 PM

Re: I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week

Originally Posted by rouxsterre
Oh fer chrissakes JC . . . .
Did you ever think - just for a minute - that OL wouldn't have said "Hey - we have HALF the running distance. Can we wait until the F'ING BRIDGE OPENS ?". . . . . in the same, lame, leap of faith here's Reggie's response:
"NOPE . . . It's now or NEVER. .. haul that pig back to R.I. . . . don't let the bridge hit you in the ass on the way out." . . .

Jeeeeeezzuss. Don't yall see that ? ? ? ??

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Fanatic 02-04-2006 10:01 PM

Re: I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week

Originally Posted by J-BOAT
Well, if skater build's boat's for fountain.
And skater build's boat's for cigarette.
Whose really the world's fastest boat manufacture.
either way skater's got to be smiling all the way to the bank.
Kind of remind's me of back in the day when Don was building boat's for the bad guy's and faster boat's for the good guy's, or was that the other way around ?

Fountain builds their race boats in house.

Fanatic 02-04-2006 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by JCPERF
Fiore wouldnt have had a chance to break the record at Reggies even if his boat didnt break.Reggie scheduled his run at the time when he knew that the Pamlico river train bridge was open.He scheduled the time of OLs time run when the train bridge was closed therefore he wouldnt have had a chance to get the boat a long enough running start to get up to those speeds.Home court advantage period.I dont blame OL for having there own record run.At least they will have a chance

I got a hard time believing that one. It simply defies common sense and assumes Fiore is a dope.

JCPERF 02-04-2006 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Fanatic
I got a hard time believing that one. It simply defies common sense and assumes Fiore is a dope.

Its not Fiores fault that this happened. :(

JCPERF 02-04-2006 10:08 PM

Oh fer chrissakes JC . . . .
Did you ever think - just for a minute - that OL wouldn't have said "Hey - we have HALF the running distance. Can we wait until the F'ING BRIDGE OPENS ?". . . . . in the same, lame, leap of faith here's Reggie's response:
"NOPE . . . It's now or NEVER. .. haul that pig back to R.I. . . . don't let the bridge hit you in the ass on the way out." . . .

Jeeeeeezzuss. Don't yall see that ? ? ? ??

Reggie doesnt control the bridge!!He knows when it is open though.He knows that it closes at a specific time in the morning.

rouxsterre 02-04-2006 10:40 PM

But hey, Bud . . . ( this is just between you and me ).

Don't you think ( considering the costs associated with transporting a large, one-of-a-kind race vessel from R.I. to the Carolinas ) . . .
That the injured party would voice SOME kind of protest ? . . .that the possibility of making a run with the bridge OPEN would, at least, be discussed ????

Do you think that Reggie would ( or could ) 'slam the door' on any such discussion, and send them packing up I-95 ? . . or that Mike would say "OK Reggie, you're right. We didn't know the train schedule. We will just go back home." . . .

C'mon bubba. . . . you can do better than that. So can OL. . .. just bring it.
Hopefully do it during daylight hours - maybe with an impartial witness. . . that'd be cool.

JCPERF 02-04-2006 10:47 PM

But hey, Bud . . . ( this is just between you and me ).

Don't you think ( considering the costs associated with transporting a large, one-of-a-kind race vessel from R.I. to the Carolinas ) that the injured party would voice SOME kind of protest ? . . .that the possibility of making a run with the bridge OPEN would, at least, be discussed ????

Do you think that Reggie would ( or could ) 'slam the door' on any such discussion, and send them packing up I-95 ? . . or that Mike would say "OK Reggie, you're right. We didn't know the train schedule. We will just go back home." . . .

C'mon bubba. . . . you can do better than that. So can OL. . .. just bring it.
Hopefully do it during daylight hours - maybe with an impartial witness. . . that'd be cool.

I was there and i was at the drivers meeting.It wasnt brought to Fiores attention.He was running his boat at the other end of the lake that morning when it broke.He found out after the fact.Everyone got assigned a time slot to do their kilo that day.Coincidentally, Reggies run was scheduled to be one of the first runs before the bridge was closed.I am sure if OL didnt break and they had a shot this would have been a major issue.

TEAMBAJA 02-05-2006 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by JCPERF
Reggie doesnt control the bridge!!He knows when it is open though.He knows that it closes at a specific time in the morning.

The earth is made up of something like 70% water. Couldnt they just pick a location without the frickin bridge? :D

Scott B 02-05-2006 07:53 AM

So, has Cig run yet?

TeamTaboo 02-05-2006 08:09 AM

You do know that no boats are aloud through the bridge on plane, It looked like Reggie started rite at the bridge